Saints Sean Payton opens up about why he left the Saints (merged) (1 Viewer)

Prob same thing Mickey said. He was exhausted after the last few years, especially getting screwed. Other half is he's like his mentor he got a little bored, 3rd is, even if he wanted to come back we'd already hired Allen, so there was no turning back.

End Story
Nothing that we already didn´t know about, but to a larger audience this might be news

I’d suggest reading the article from beginning to end. Too much to summarize. The writer did a really good job of capturing the essence of Sean and the circumstances associated with his development as a coach and individual.

Gonna miss SP. We’ll never have another one like him.

But if we had to lose him, hopefully it means we lose the blatant penalty disparity and mistreatment, too. It would be cool to see how we can play on a more level playing field.

That’s pretty risky of him to say we were one of the most penalized teams and always tended to lose “jump ball” calls, because Goodell was still mad about “Bountygate,” more than ten years ago. I wonder if he’ll be fined by the league.
This is the type of thing that always bothered me when he was our coach. Saying things like that can do no good. None. You're a coach and he is the commissioner of the most powerful league in the country. He is always going to win. You're never going beat him. So you can take it on the chin and live with it or you can take shots at the NFL/Goodell and suffer the consequences. And boy did the Saints ever suffer the consequences.

Goodell made it his life's mission to hurt SP every opportunity he got. Unfortunately the Saints and Saints fans were caught in the middle of their ego measuring contest. There were so many times I'd hear SP say something and cringe knowing that we were going to pay for it. I wanted him to dial it back just a bit. Instead of outright calling out Goodell by name he could've made his point without making it personal. Ownership should've called Goodell to task publicly and behind closed doors but SP just couldn't help himself. Wearing Goodell clown shirts smh. It was funny and all but it was costly.

The good news is that SP is wearing blue and orange now. Now Goodell can find new and creative ways to hurt Broncos fans while going at SP. Hopefully Goodell and the NFL can leave the Saints alone now.

This is the type of thing that always bothered me when he was our coach. Saying things like that can do no good. None. You're a coach and he is the commissioner of the most powerful league in the country. He is always going to win. You're never going beat him. So you can take it on the chin and live with it or you can take shots at the NFL/Goodell and suffer the consequences. And boy did the Saints ever suffer the consequences.

Goodell made it his life's mission to hurt SP every opportunity he got. Unfortunately the Saints and Saints fans were caught in the middle of their ego measuring contest. There were so many times I'd hear SP say something and cringe knowing that we were going to pay for it. I wanted him to dial it back just a bit. Instead of outright calling out Goodell by name he could've made his point without making it personal. Ownership should've called Goodell to task publicly and behind closed doors but SP just couldn't help himself. Wearing Goodell clown shirts smh. It was funny and all but it was costly.

The good news is that SP is wearing blue and orange now. Now Goodell can find new and creative ways to hurt Broncos fans while going at SP. Hopefully Goodell and the NFL can leave the Saints alone now.
If Goodell goes after the Broncos, he won't last a month. You just don't mess with the Waltons or Jerry. And that's not a slam on Gayle, I think she is wonderful.

^This.

I have never understood this philosophy of smiling while eating a plate of excrement. I patently HATE unfairness, always have and always will. Why should someone getting the shaft, smile and say nothing while taking it? I wish Coach was EVEN more vocal and put tapes together with numbers and plays PROVING it and then went on EVERY sports talk show he could with it. And yes, I know, those who don't wanna "see" it will invalidate it but I don't care. I am so sick and tired of being forced to be the bigger person in a raw deal.

I've seen coaches say, "And I don't care if I get fined..." after speaking their truth which is usually THE truth about officiating. Gayle should have also made it PUBLIC. If you are gonna screw us over ANYWAY, give it to them with both barrels. Put it out in the public and let them run with it. Keep a weekly tally of Saints penalties, and opponents penalties when they play the Saints vs when they don't. Put an entirely too bright microscope on the entire league.

I have just never been a fan of shut up and take it.

I have never understood this philosophy of smiling while eating a plate of excrement. I patently HATE unfairness, always have and always will. Why should someone getting the shaft, smile and say nothing while taking it? I wish Coach was EVEN more vocal and put tapes together with numbers and plays PROVING it and then went on EVERY sports talk show he could with it. And yes, I know, those who don't wanna "see" it will invalidate it but I don't care. I am so sick and tired of being forced to be the bigger person in a raw deal.

I've seen coaches say, "And I don't care if I get fined..." after speaking their truth which is usually THE truth about officiating. Gayle should have also made it PUBLIC. If you are gonna screw us over ANYWAY, give it to them with both barrels. Put it out in the public and let them run with it. Keep a weekly tally of Saints penalties, and opponents penalties when they play the Saints vs when they don't. Put an entirely too bright microscope on the entire league.

I have just never been a fan of shut up and take it.

The answer should seem obvious. I have yet to ever see someone come out on the positive end of things by pissing off someone who decides your fate. If you're going to end up hurting yourself or the team, I don't see how that's a good thing. But, to each his own.

The answer should seem obvious. I have yet to ever see someone come out on the positive end of things by pissing off someone who decides your fate. If you're going to end up hurting yourself or the team, I don't see how that's a good thing. But, to each his own.
You mean like, slavery and the women's suffrage movement?

But anyway that's the point when it comes to the Saints, they have been screwing us over ANYWAY. You literally have nothing to lose because they weren't letting you win regardless.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom