Saints Sean Payton opens up about why he left the Saints (merged) (1 Viewer)

I'm glad Payton has the guts to call out roger like this. Someone has to do it.

It wasn't so much that the Saints were heavily penalized and lost the "jump balls." The proof is in the fact that our opponents were never penalized, even teams that were otherwise highly penalized. Tripplet wrote an excellent piece on this while he was still at ESPN, I think. We ranked near the bottom of the league for penalties called against our opponents for several years is a row, which is a much more subtle way that officials can control the outcome.

When Payton hangs it up for good, he better write a "tell all" book. If he's willing to call roger out while he's still coaching, imagine what he'll say when he's beyond roger's reach. :oops:

Last edited:
What’s interesting is if the NFL/Officials really want to send Payton a message, the Saints start getting the 50/50s and penalties decrease significantly…

Everyone loved how CSP would throw up the middle finger to Goodel but it came back to bite us over and over.
Payton believes the officials rigged our games. So, it's not just fans who suspect the NFL is rigged.

That's disturbing.

The one thing that gives me solace is it seems impossible that even a wink, wink nod situation wouldn't be or have already been exposed by more than one refs at some point. On the other hand, the 2018 NFC Championship game still screams otherwise.

Taking shots at Gayle. Basically saying she doesn’t have the teeth of the Denver owner. Also, saying the city of New Orleans is not one the NFL wants to see be successful. If that’s all true, then wow, we as Saints fans are truly wasting our time. I thought Payton brought respect to the Saints but the undertone here is that he got tired, gave up, and went over to the wealthy owner.
Pretty much cementing what the “conspiracy theorist” on this board have been saying for years. It’s starting to really feel like Katrina was the only reason the NFL gave us a chance at SB.

So to summarize

He was tired of getting screwed with the ticky tack penalties each and every game, and he just got burnt out.... He felt the league (Goodel) was rigging thr games against him/the team, and he couldn't do it anymore

Yep, well I guess I can understand that

Good luck Sean, always a Saint

That’s pretty risky of him to say we were one of the most penalized teams and always tended to lose “jump ball” calls, because Goodell was still mad about “Bountygate,” more than ten years ago. I wonder if he’ll be fined by the league.

Exactly why I love him, he isn't scared to speak out....It's also why I pretty much watch the redzone now (unless the Saints are a national night game) and don't take the NFL seriously any longer. It's just simply entertainment, thanks to Goddell and the corrupt billionaire owners I just don't care as much, not invested emotionally any longer......they are hell bent on destroying the integrity of the game....

That’s pretty risky of him to say we were one of the most penalized teams and always tended to lose “jump ball” calls, because Goodell was still mad about “Bountygate,” more than ten years ago. I wonder if he’ll be fined by the league.
Worse yet, I wonder if the penalties will follow him to DEN.

Worse yet, I wonder if the penalties will follow him to DEN.
Like he said, he doesn't think the NFL would pull a stunt like that against the Walton family. He sounds confident in the statement so we'll find out at the end of the season. But I glad to here it isn't only your fan base that sees it. But our coach and players do as well.

Payton believes the officials rigged our games. So, it's not just fans who suspect the NFL is rigged.

That's disturbing.

The one thing that gives me solace is it seems impossible that even a wink, wink nod situation wouldn't be or have already been exposed by more than one refs at some point. On the other hand, the 2018 NFC Championship game still screams otherwise.
Yeah, I am a believer in the adage "3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead."

Also, in the 2018 NFCCG no-call, the one ref has his hand on his flag and looks like he's about to throw it when the other ref demonstrably signals "bang-bang play" and tells him off. If there was truly a massive conspiracy, I don't think the ref with his hand on the flag was like "Oh, @#@#, that's right we can't help the Saints!" Everything about the body language of the refs in that replay shows one wanted to call it but was timid and let the other guy overrule him.

The big game loss where the refs called the most balanced game was the TB one. TB had like 3 first downs wiped out due to penalties. But yeah, I get what people are talking about when they talk about the unbalanced games (the 2017 Thursday night loss to ATL leaps out to me in this regard, especially since we had a potentially game changing fumble recovery nullified due to a questionable unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Payton).

When Payton hangs it up for good, he better write a "tell all" book. If he's willing to call roger out while he's still coaching, imagine what he'll say when he's beyond roger's reach. :oops:
Are coaches required to sign an NDA to coach in the NFL?

Pretty much cementing what the “conspiracy theorist” on this board have been saying for years. It’s starting to really feel like Katrina was the only reason the NFL gave us a chance at SB.
But why single out one small market team?
Why not try to get Reid/Mahomes out of flyover country?
Or Allen to the Giants.

The nail that stands up, gets hammered down.
But KC is a smaller market, they were on about the same level of success prior to Mahomes and Brees.
KC isn’t a particular notable metropolitan city. It’s in flyover county.
Same with the Bills, it’s not NYC, it’s upstate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom