Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (5 Viewers)

This is because the children are unrecognizable.

I keep coming back to this thread to read some reason or consolation or something, I don’t know. I sped home from work today to pull my wife, son, and daughter close to me. My son is 18, graduates from high school tomorrow night, and leaves to start an early Engineering program next Wednesday. My daughter starts her senior year in high school in August.

I am grateful for my family but just devastated for the other families who - today, I cannot imagine. Babies murdered. Families destroyed. Communities torn apart. It is not supposed to be like this.

Has it been said how this terrorist got the guns? I know he killed his grandma first at her home, did she have the guns or did he acquire them elsewhere?

Illinois has arguably the most stringent gun laws in the country. Do I need to tell you, they happen to have the most murders committed by criminals with guns? 🤷‍♂️
He was, I think, being sarcastic and it seems you are both in agreement. But at best it's an argument that state specific gun restrictions are ineffective. Not a reason to throw up one's hands and say, "welp, nothing we can do."

Not until our rich white corporate & political overlords want it to.
And that will be when it starts happening to them

I’m sorry. I cannot imagine being one of the parents. Where and when does this monstrosity stop? Ella is in third grade and her classroom is right inside the entry to her school. The gun menace is just like racism, if we don’t stand up to it, our inaction condones it.

This would be a really bad time to hear that tripe about how the US is the greatest country ever, legislators stand by while our children are murdered. And it happens every day—with guns.

He was, I think, being sarcastic and it seems you are both in agreement. But at best it's an argument that state specific gun restrictions are ineffective. Not a reason to throw up one's hands and say, "welp, nothing we can do."

Save the guns and politics for the MAP politics site. Political and gun debate posts will be deleted.
Does demanding our "leaders" do something qualify as politics? We should every one of us call the offices of our legislators and demand real action. My congressman is the idiot Andy Harris who tried to bring a gun into the capitol building in the wake if the January 6 insurrection. He's getting a call first thing this morning.

These folks care about abolishing abortion but not about the fact that children are murdered in school. The hypocrisy is limitless

We either do something or we are complicit.

Last edited:
How many more of these?

Tragic

Sandy Hook right before Christmas
This right before summer break

At least with Sandy Hook for a minute there it looked like something might change

Probably won’t even get that illusion now
This **** is what justifies a march on DC. Demand change, call and email your legislators. This crap has to stop.

My daughter is in the third grade and her classroom is right inside the entrance. Her mother is a teacher, yes I worry. I am not unique in this.

Mental health is too important an issue for it to be used this way. This isn't mental health vs gun rights. Both are issues that deserve the merit of honest discussion.
You are not going to change the 2nd amendment; PERIOD, end of story. You can add new laws that may make it more difficult for potential owners of guns to be able to purchase the guns. One would be you have to be age 21 and over. But will that be a game changer? We don’t know. It would be at least a step in another direction. The bottom line is. There are too many deranged people nowadays amongst the masses, who have easy access to guns. Either by the ability to purchase, or by theft. The root cause to all that we are dealing with, is the mental aspect of it. You cannot argue against people owning guns legally. But you can argue people with mental health issues are not being addressed properly. They are simply existing and are ticking time bombs, with a fuse that could get lit at any moment.

This **** is what justifies a march on DC. Demand change, call and email your legislators. This crap has to stop.

My daughter is in the third grade and her classroom is right inside the entrance. Her mother is a teacher, yes I worry. I am not unique in this.
My goodness. I feel your concern fellow Saints fan. Sad you have to live everyday being worried. The worry is real.

It is time in this country, where Republicans/Democrats, blacks/whites/hispanics/orientals, cast aside their political positions and march in great numbers on Washington and demand stricter laws and to demand more funding for those who need their mental health issues addressed. And having a prescription written to take a pill, is not addressing the mental health problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom