Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (5 Viewers)

The state Legislature passed a law in spring 2021 requiring the Texas Education Agency to give inkless in-home fingerprint and DNA identification cards to each public school system in Texas. The kits will be made available at each primary-level campus. The cards are intended to be kept by guardians who can give them to law enforcement in order to potentially help find missing or trafficked children.
Kenneth S. Trump, a national school security consultant, said there may be a value in providing the kits to parents, but said the proximity and timing of the distribution may ring alarm bells for parents and children still reeling from the news of Uvalde.

“On one hand, I see the value in saying, 'Here's a tool you can have in case of potential threats,' ” he said. “But I think we need to be very cautious about crossing the line of do no harm to the point where we are creating more anxiety.”

Messaging from administrators should be clear that the kits are intended to be an extra available resource for parents and guardians in case their children go missing, Trump said.

“Even if it’s about human trafficking or other risks, we need to communicate what is the probability of these events so it’s not creating fear and anxiety suggesting kids are in imminent danger in school,” he said.

A Texas state police captain reportedly directed his officers not to enter Robb Elementary school in Uvalde to stop the deadly massacre that left 19 students and two educators dead.

Captain Joel Betancourt directed his team to “stand by” and wait for more than 70 minutes into the 77-minute-long shooting, reported CNN.

A veteran with over 15 years of experience in the Department of Public Safety(DPS), Mr Betancourt delayed the team from entering the school premises as he believed that a more high-skilled group was on the way, reported the outlet.

“Hey, this is DPS Captain Betancourt. The team that’s going to make breach needs to stand by. The team that’s gonna breach needs to stand by,” he told his team at 12.48pm, reported CNN, citing the audio captured on bodycams of multiple officers.

One of the department officials wrote that he drove at the speed of about 130mph to reach the shooting spot, located about 40 miles away, adding that he heard “someone shout out, Captain Betancourt said all DPS personnel need to be on perimeter, do no (sic) enter building.”……

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The Texas Department of Public Safety fired an officer Friday who was at the scene of the Uvalde school massacre and becomes the first member of the state police force to lose their job in the fallout over the hesitant response to the May attack.

The department served Sgt. Juan Maldonado with termination papers, spokeswoman Ericka Miller said. No details were offered about his role at the scene of the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary School or the specific reason Maldonado was fired……..

A 10-year-old survivor of the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, was left terrified after allegedly being racially profiled during a traffic stop on her way home from a rally for Democratic gubernatorial nominee Beto O’Rourke.

Nineteen children and two teachers were killed in the shooting on 24 May at Robb Elementary School.

Caitlyne Gonzales, a student at Robb Elementary School at the time of the 24 May massacre that killed 21, was in the car with her family heading back from the recent rally when they were blocked by three Texas state trooper SUVs, according to reporter John Woodrow Cox of The Washington Post.

Caitlyne “clenched her teeth and crossed her arms,” Mr Cox wrote, adding that she was “terrified”.

“It was three days before school started, and I’d spent all summer with Caitlyne,” Mr Cox tweeted on Tuesday. “She knew the police took 77 minutes to confront the gunman at Robb and, like many people in Uvalde, Caitlyne deeply resented them for it. Her friends died, she believed, because they failed.”

Mr Cox wrote that before the traffic stop, it had been “the best day she’d had in weeks”. The family had stopped on the way home from Mr O’Rourke’s rally to visit Caitlyne’s grandfather in Eagle Pass, Texas...........

This is how stupid our government has become when it comes to safety in schools
choked up as I realized what I was meant to do. I was to label the figure with any birthmarks, moles, scars, or other distinguishing feature on my child, so that her body could be identified, if, for example, her face was blown off by an assault weapon.

This is how stupid our government has become when it comes to safety in schools
I would draw a big giant balls on that sketch and tell them to go fork themselves, grow a pair like my child has.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom