Should We Keep Peat at LT and move Armstead to RT (1 Viewer)

If anybody wants to look at the positive side of things, if Armstead is this injury-prone, it's nice that we have somebody that we can plug in at left tackle that we know will play pretty well. It sure beats trotting Bryce Harris out there.

No way do you move one of the best LTs in the NFL to RT because someone had a solid game. Peat never had a chance to look good at RT where he has barely even played. When next season comes around and he gets the chance to have a full off season concentrating on RT he will be fine. Great to have someone who can always transition over to LT in case of injury. Don't see how moving Armstead is even a discussion. But that's expected from some I guess.

We threw the ball 54 times.

To only give up 1 sack late (after they started blitzing like crazy) and 3 pressures is pretty superb.

Thanks Bonchie. I was keying on Peat a lot. In the 2nd half they often completely unleashed Freeney and a number of times tried to shoot the gap between Peat and the guard with Beasely. They gave Peat help with chips, and our RBs picked-up the blitzers pretty well. Peat did excellent under a ton of pressure with the defense knowing the Saints had to throw the balll on nearly every down - an O-lineman's nightmare!

Let's just move him to right tackle some say. That sounds real good. But what if Peat is just 2x naturally better at LT? What do we do?

Sack/hurry stats are almost irrelevant with Drew. He has such amazing pocket awareness and movement that if you look just at the stats, he makes OL look way better than they are.

Peat did look aight. But no where near Armstead. Not even close. And if Peat actually gets time to train at RT I believe he'll be great there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

There's nothing like an 0-3 start to bring out the crazy ideas.

Crazy? OK - I'll go after this one.

Crazy, draft a LT with the 13th pick in Round 1 that seems to only play well at his natural position, LT. Giving time, he has the ability to be All-Pro at LT. We have tried him at RG and RT and he did not look great and in some cases looked quite bad.

We have another established elite LT in Armstead. imho, he's been pretty healthy through most of his career.

So what do we do.
- Play the #13 pick at a position he sucks at or at best is marginally competent? That's does not seem sound
- Find a way to get top talents on the field at the same time? That means moving Armstead
- Or trade one. Armstead would get a bundle in draft picks. But if there is a way to keep these 2 young studs on the O-line together both performing optimally, then this is very valuable not only for Brees healtth but for the young QB (likely young?) who will replace Brees.

I'm Cajun and Irish, but I don't think that's a crazy evaluation and I know crazy :spit:

I don't think played particularly well. He had some miscues in the run game. Still has bad anchor. Core strenght a issue. He was up against Beasely who hasn't found his game in the NFL and A aged D Fweeny. Any power guy with talent when will eat his lunch

giphy.gif

Peat didn't play superb. If Peat played that way every single game then he'd give up 16 sacks a season. I don't think Armstead gave up any last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom