Six percent of people think they can beat a grizzly bear (3 Viewers)

Running from a bear is extremely stupid. It's been said a few times. Usain Bolt can.t out run a bear even over a short
distance. Bears can run 35 mph and can keep that pace for miles.

Basically if you're charged, you were dealt a bad hand in life and screwed.
I wonder if Kamara’s elusive and balance would allow him to last longer than Bolt’s straight line speed?
Obviously he’s still getting mauled but maybe later than just a sprinter

I wonder if Kamara’s elusive and balance would allow him to last longer than Bolt’s straight line speed?
Obviously he’s still getting mauled but maybe later than just a sprinter
I hope he's not in the 6% who tests it out lol.

I would say no. We just have to realize there are animals that walk the planet and swim the oceans that we are
physically inferior too.

A new study shines a light on the depths of delusion and wrongness in the heart of man, as YouGov has released a new study on just what members of the animal kingdom Americans think they could take on.

Of the 15 animals listed, rat came in last place, with 72 percent of Americans thinking they could take on a rat. Even that sounds a little optimistic, because rats are faster than you, can evade your attacks as long as they want and were responsible for a plague that wiped out one-third of Europe.

But it’s toward the bottom of the list where things start to get interesting again. Eight percent of Americans actually believe they could beat a gorilla, an elephant and a lion in a fight – almost certainly the same eight percent. These people are out of their gourds, obviously, since even the laziest elephant could win this fight on accident or perhaps even realizing a fight was going on.

And then six percent of Americans who’ve watched The Revenant too many times actually think they could win a fight with a grizzly bear. A grizzly bear! A male grizzly bear can weigh up to 1,700 pounds. What exactly are these guys thinking they’re going to do against a 1,700 grizzly bear? Put it in a headlock? “Go for the eyes,” probably.

Guys are always talking about how they’re going to go for the eyes. Sure thing, fellas. Just jam your arm right up next to its mouth and put your fingers in its eyes. Make sure to get a video too, so we can all evaluate your crushing victory………

EB487B62-77E4-4B2D-A0DB-1E054FF80212.png

447F1575-9535-494C-9F55-908E10C2FD8B.png
100% of that 6% are 100% idiots!

Six percent of people think they can beat a grizzly bear? Really? Is the number that high?​

Put me in the 94% who would pay good money to see that. I'm picturing a "Running Man" style Pay-per-view contest, with a drone following along until the action occurs.
I think you will end up feeling like you just spent $50 on a Mike Tyson fight only to blink and miss it.

Maybe some jokers got to the questionnaires?

3) I can beat a grizzly bear in a fight at chess.

... at Rubik's Cube solving.

... at Tecmo Bowl (the one with Bo Jackson).

... at a barbecue cookoff.

Running from a bear is extremely stupid. It's been said a few times. Usain Bolt can.t out run a bear even over a short
distance. Bears can run 35 mph and can keep that pace for miles.

Basically if you're charged, you were dealt a bad hand in life and screwed.

Unless it was a bluff charge which is very, very common with grizzlies.

If it is a for real charge (and a grizzly cause black bears can climb) about the only chance is if you have a tree close by to scramble up…..

I had a friend who was a backcountry fly fishing guide out of West Yellowstone, he had been “treed” by grizzlies a few times….the weird thing is once he was safely up the tree the bear would leave the scene in a hurry (he always thought it was adrenaline)….

Unless it was a bluff charge which is very, very common with grizzlies.

If it is a for real charge (and a grizzly cause black bears can climb) about the only chance is if you have a tree close by to scramble up…..

I had a friend who was a backcountry fly fishing guide out of West Yellowstone, he had been “treed” by grizzlies a few times….the weird thing is once he was safely up the tree the bear would leave the scene in a hurry (he always thought it was adrenaline)….
Yes, if charged by a Grizzly,climbing a tree if possible is good advice. It doesn't work against black bears who are
excellent climbers.

Yes, if charged by a Grizzly,climbing a tree if possible is good advice. It doesn't work against black bears who are
excellent climbers.

Thanks my man….I feel my statement puts me squarely in the outdoor nerd camp, your saying the same thing in the subsequent post vaults you to the outdoor nerd camp HOF….hope to join you there soon my friend!!!!

One of the most thrilling and terrifying moments in my life came when I was hiking in Glacier National park and came within like 30 feet of a grizzly. That was an amazing animal... thankfully it could not care less about me and went on its way.

One of the most thrilling and terrifying moments in my life came when I was hiking in Glacier National park and came within like 30 feet of a grizzly. That was an amazing animal... thankfully it could not care less about me and went on its way.

About 99% of the time it is exactly what they do….if folks who spend time outdoors know how many times they have come very close to one of nature’s predators they would be shocked…..

I’ve smelled bears and not seen them….think intense wet, dirty dog smell….

Thanks my man….I feel my statement puts me squarely in the outdoor nerd camp, your saying the same thing in the subsequent post vaults you to the outdoor nerd camp HOF….hope to join you there soon my friend!!!!
I mentioned earlier my father managed a summer campground in Cooper Landing AK. My nephew was with him one year.
He has a bagful of salmon fishing the local river. A Grizzly came up and stole it. What are you going to do? The answer
is you let him/her have it. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom