Six percent of people think they can beat a grizzly bear (3 Viewers)

I'd take on a grizz over a kangaroo... have you seen how jacked these kangaroos are?
According to info given my father by park rangers the last animal you want to encounter is a bull moose during
mating season. White tale deer have been known to attack hunters here.

I think I could take a rabbit. :mad:
A baby one.
I once kept a neighbor's pet rabbit for them while they were out of town. Every time I walked by it's cage, I would say something like "I'm going to eat you one night." On day five I went to get the cage because the neighbor returned and the damn thing growled at me! No, I don't think I could take a bunny.

I once kept a neighbor's pet rabbit for them while they were out of town. Every time I walked by it's cage, I would say something like "I'm going to eat you one night." On day five I went to get the cage because the neighbor returned and the damn thing growled at me! No, I don't think I could take a bunny.

one of the funniest scenes in cinematic history.

Oh, I see we already brought up Treadwell. I just now thought of him.
He made the fatal mistake of staying too long. His girlfriend wrote in her journal she was afraid. She said the bears were
more agressive than normal. She was right unfortunately. There was a shortage of food that summer and bears were
attacking any food they could get. Sad story, but you can't blame the bear.

Black Bears are considered more dangerous than browns. The reason is blacks are usually around heavy vegetation
and easily surprised at a close distance. Grizzlys are usually seen in open areas and know humans are coming.

Once again, I'm no bear expert. My father just taught me a lot about them during his time in AK.

Situational for sure, but I’ve come in very close contact with black bears multiple times….If I’m upwind and they don’t know I’m there, I say Boo or Hello loudly, they dart off in the opposite direction….If they sense me they are gone before I can take a picture….I would not do that with a grizzly, I would slowly walk the other way….

According to info given my father by park rangers the last animal you want to encounter is a bull moose during
mating season. White tale deer have been known to attack hunters here.

I’ve had conversations with a few Yellowstone backcountry guides, they all said the same thing….

Would an elephant even know you were fighting it?
Spent the summer of 84 working in London Zoo and the elephant keeper told me the only thing you can do to hurt an elephant is to yank hard on its ears, the ears are relatively tender and this is sometimes enough to distract them if they get flighty.
Unfortunately they can also kill someone in a matter of seconds by rolling on them - and as one of the smartest species on the planet they are all too aware of this option.. Hundreds of workers in the Indian sub-continent have been crushed by angry elephants (and the Indian ones are know for being relatively gentle)....so heaven knows what getting on the wrong side of an African Elephant is like, fatal I guess.

He also told me that the reason elephants have a reputation for never forgetting is that when they judge a keeper and don't like them - they will never change their mind, even if reunited with said keeper 30 years later. Not sure if he was kidding me but he says when you go for an interview the elephant essentially decides if you get the job. No one really knows what makes them like or dislike someone...it's not like you can intimidate one....but if they don't like you - it's too risky to hire you and you end up sweeping up jackal poop instead.

Last edited:
Spent the summer of 84 working in London Zoo and the elephant keeper told me the only thing you can do to hurt an elephant is to yank hard on its ears, the ears are relatively tender and this is sometimes enough to distract them if they get flighty.
Unfortunately they can also kill someone in a matter of seconds by rolling on them - and as one of the smartest species on the planet they are all too aware of this option.. Hundreds of workers in the Indian sub-continent have been crushed by angry elephants (and the Indian ones are know for being relatively gentle)....so heaven knows what getting on the wrong side of an African Elephant is like, fatal I guess.

He also told me that the reason elephants have a reputation for never forgetting is that when they judge a keeper and don't like them - they will never change their mind, even if reunited with said keeper 30 years later. Not sure if he was kidding me but he says when you go for an interview the elephant essentially decides if you get the job. No one really knows what makes them like or dislike someone...it's not like you can intimidate one....but if they don't like you - it's too risky to hire you and you end up sweeping up jackal poop instead.
Who wants to get on the wrong side of this? An entire NFL team would not stand a chance.

Who wants to get on the wrong side of this? An entire NFL team would not stand a chance.

Yeah and that's an Indian elephant too :)
I just googled an african elephant exchange with a buffalo and I can't share it as it's just too graphic. Imagine throwing a hamster and that's kind of what it was like.

Looks like a Farmers commercial

“An elephant lost his shirt and we covered it”

Would you rather have a run in with a bear or a P'Oed off ostrich? Personally I have a real problem with something having a bird brain and can kill me 😎

Would you rather have a run in with a bear or a P'Oed off ostrich? Personally I have a real problem with something having a bird brain and can kill me 😎
This is the bird you want to avoid. I was spurred by a rooster when I was a teen. It was painful to say the least.
Cassowarys are very aggressive and their kick can be fatal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom