So honestly how will you feel if Payton eventually ends up coaching the Cowboys? (3 Viewers)

Sad thing is we won’t get draft picks at least nothing worthwhile. I read the Florio article today Payton allready tried to force his way out, while all of us were out there lamenting the NOLA no call he was taking a job with Dallas.

I think he is going to get there but he has found a better way to do it that won’t cost him his draft. Take a job in TV for a year. Let us get a new staff in place maybe have some success so open wounds heal. Let the media rip him to shreds for walking away when things got tough. His value goes down and he gets where he wants to go at 1/2 the cost or less.

I understand it and it must be frustrating when you have a big giant playbook and you can’t call half of it. If he gets himself to Dallas he has Dak and tons of weapons. That big playbook opens back up and he can call what he wants.

I understand it but I don’t like it.
We own his contract so hopefully we set the terms extraordinary high or no job.

This right here. Anyone expecting a kings ransom will be disappointed. If he had gone straight to another team, yes, they could have demanded a few picks, like the Jets got for Belichek or the Raiders got for Gruden.

But after he sits out a year -- during which time the Saints will have hired a new coach -- they won't be able to do that. We'll be lucky to get as much as a third round pick, if that.

Sorry, but I’d have a protracted dispute. Especially if he would do it 2023. Then you know he just bailed on us.

Thanks for the Superbowl Coach! I will be disappointed when he becomes Dallas' head coach.

I personally would always believe that was his ultimate plan and I'm sure he would fall out favor to many
thousands of Saints fans if not more. What could only be worse is him coaching the Falcons. To say you
would not feel the same way is not being truthful.
Ultimate plan? If the Cowboys were his ultimate plan he could’ve joined them in 2012 when his contract was voided by the League. If he leaves at that time, no one would’ve blamed him.
And I didn’t even mention the plethora of Super Bowl winning coaches that joined other teams after retirement.

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out....
With your username, one would think you were a Saints fan..
Oh I am. And for a long time. But, if I am honest I may just really be a Payton fan. He taught us not to be afraid of being great. I am forever respectful of that and would never pull against him. Maybe that's more accurate.

If he goes to the Cowgirls, Goodell will have a real problem. How will he be able to punish his pet team to get at Payton?

Last edited:
That was and is his plan all along. I would care less about SP if he went to Cowboys. Dont care how many Superbowls he brought to New Orleans. To me he shut it down on the players and fan base with at least 2 years left on the contract. The rich get richer. What a joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom