Somebody ease my mind (3 Viewers)

I love this teams makeup, and am expecting big things from them. But, I need my mind put at ease.

This game against the Titans scares me. They match up really well with us, and they are a very physical team.

I'm not too scared of their offense, other than Henry, mainly because of their revamped line.

But, their defense scares me. I'm worried about this game. Heck, even ross Jackson is picking the Titans.

Someone put my mind at ease
I'm not sure what you ask is possible. ;)

Ummmmmm…..Henry is coming off a 1500 yard rushing season, almost 2000 all purpose yards, and 13 TDs (while missing 1 game against you know who (dat)). Talking heads called it a “down year” for him🤣🤣🤣. Better believe Henry can still tote the rock……however, those 350 carries he had, could be a dagger to his health. Typically RBs that have that kind of workload in a season, are prone to injury the following year, but Henry is a freak of nature, so he still scares the 💩 out of me.
Oh Geeze but imagine our starting RB having more yards and TDs last season that Henry…

… imagine that… lol

sheet I swear everyone in here (not pertaining to my reply to this comment, but in general)

I swear, every single one of y’all “Fans” better be back in here on Monday ready to eat CROW when we knock the Titans around!

I won’t be surprised if we see Treylon Burks burning Adebo. Adebo wont be able to handle his speed.

I'll go on record now with my belief that the Saints will find a way to come a way with a "W."

* The 12th man is going to be a big factor, and I believe the dome will be rocking!

* Never, EVER count the Saints defense out of a game. Demario and the front end will play their gaps well, and both Turner, Granderson and Big Cam are among the best in the league in keeping contain on the edges. The interior D-linemen will keep a healthy rotation going.

* With our capable and experienced secondary, the Titans offense won't have their way for most of the game. Did I mention the 12th man contributing to false starts and delay of game penalties? :hihi:

Not worried about our offense at all: 30+ on the scoreboard for the Black and Gold.

:gosaints:

If the defense plays like it has in some games in the past… play like they got 13 players on the field. I like our chances against any one. Unfortunately it seems like it takes our Defense a few games to get in rhythm.

I don’t get it. So what if we lose? I mean, in the bigger picture the team is is not gaining a ton of momentum or losing a ton of it game 1. It would be nice to win, because Allen needs a fast start. However, it simply only means we have a chance to go undefeated if we win and no chance if we lose.

KC will likely be in the AFC title game, and they’re 0-1. There’s a lot of unknowns in this game and as Vegas is telling you, it’s a complete coin toss

I will try.

Derrick Henry is 29 years old and has 1750 rushing attempts. I have read some well thought out articles about the correlation between age and attempts and how backs start to decline between the 1500-1800 attempts range. The decline can be sudden and often happens between seasons.

Ryan Tannehill is a 35 year old QB coming off injury. He played 3 snaps in preseason and handed the ball of all three times, so there maybe a little more rust considering he has not played a real football game in several months.

Most have the Titans offensive line ranked dead last. It was a mess last year and does not look to be much better this year. Maybe we can get some pressure.

There secondary was pretty poor last year. They gave up tons of big plays and many sites have them ranked 25th are lower this year. We should be able to move the ball on them.

The Saint's are entering this game healthy and have plenty of weapons on both offensive and defense.

Even though Vegas has them winning the division, it seems most in the media are out on the Saints. I have seen ton's picking Atlanta or even the Panthers to win the division. Maybe this motivates them team to proof them wrong.

I think we have more overall talent, the X factor will be coaching. Vrabel is considered by most to be a top tier coach who gets his team ready to play games. If we play sound football and don't get out coached I think we win.

I think most teams have learned the belichick lesson by now. Take away #1 threat and make them beat you with the others. Can the Titans do that with their 2nd option? Now ask the same question about us....if they stop Kamara can we still win? Not even sure Kamara is our biggest threat...we have a 1a, 1b, 1c kinda deal. If Pete can get his sheet together calling plays we'll beat them by 14.
Kamara is already stopped unfortunately. He’s suspended this game plus the next two. Which really sucks for this one since I think his receiving and screen ability out of the backfield are huge in matchups like this.

As for the rest, I’ve said it before but I think it’s one of if not the toughest matchup for us on paper this year. That’s taking into account their DLine being monsters and our OLine struggling last year at times. Their biggest strength is their running game obviously, and our run D last year was poor. But that could have been a result of playing from behind fairly often, though I’m no expert so I’m not sure how accurate that truly is. But I hope the new guys on the DLine can help remedy that poor performance where possible, too. And it’s not like TN has scrub WRs this year. Nuk and Burkes are both very talented- we have solid DBs on our end so that could go either way. I think it’s gonna be a low scoring slugfest but that’s just my take as an observer who admits they don’t know much!

Ummmmmm…..Henry is coming off a 1500 yard rushing season, almost 2000 all purpose yards, and 13 TDs (while missing 1 game against you know who (dat)). Talking heads called it a “down year” for him🤣🤣🤣. Better believe Henry can still tote the rock……however, those 350 carries he had, could be a dagger to his health. Typically RBs that have that kind of workload in a season, are prone to injury the following year, but Henry is a freak of nature, so he still scares the 💩 out of me.
And after his production they still were not a very good team. Everybody "improves" on paper in the offseason. We are better in many ways too. This game will henge on our o-line and Carr's ability to play a solid full game. We won't have AK so we need Williams and Miller to play well. If Miller can't go, it will be more interesting and I would expect to see more Taysom stuff to contribute to the run game.

I could be completely wrong, but I'm just not worried about this game win or lose. I just want our guys to leave it healthy. But I do think we will come out with a close win.

He had 2000 yds last yr on a terrible team decimated by injury. LOL.
Right because it was their only real source of offense. He is a beast no doubt. But you need more than that to win in this league as evidenced by their record. And I could care less about injuries as banged up as we have been. They won 2 more games than us and we had a rookie and UDFA as our best receivers with Andy Dalton at QB. Not sure why anybody would just assume they are better than us.

Last edited:
Put your mind at ease? What happened to this guy?
This is the most talented TE room we have ever had. Each can catch the ball, but even better, they can all block too.

Johnson is your stretch the field TE. Has the speed of a WR, well, since he was one. Marauex is the intermediate TE, the guy that can get you a first down. Jimmy is your RZ target. Great at the jump ball. Krull is the baby of the group, but can do a little bit of everything. Jesse is the enforcer. A Mauler.

New Orleans has never had a TE group this deep end talented. Cutdown day is going to be a huge challenge for the brain trust.

Man. Something is different this year.

Now - yes, this year - I feel an excitement I haven't felt since Drew retired. The vibe coming out of the media is infectious. The reports they are giving - especially on the podcasts - are stirring up my blood!!!!

I hear about guys like Peyton Turner and Andrew Dowell balling out and I want to pump my fist and yell Who Dat!!!!

Competition. It's everywhere on this team. Iron sharpening iron. Lattimore challenging Dennis Allen to Gasser races. Both ribbing each other.

Man, I'm psyched.

This year is gonna be special
Ok. With all the additions we've added this off-season, both defensively, and offensively, I am pumped. The o-line and LB group depth does concern me, but I will let that go for awhile.

1st, defensively, we not only got better, replacing what we lost, but we also added more talent through the draft and udfa's. So, my first prediction is that our pass defense will be better after the new guys have had a season to get acclimated. Next, our run defense will go back to being a top 10 defense. And, we will be top 5 in scoring defense.

If that's not enough, we will have 30 turnovers, and 50 sacks on the year. Foskey and Turner will come alive, and Bresee will develop quickly into a stud starter.

2nd, offense. First I predict that Saldiveri will quickly win the starting LG position. Penning will also win the Lt position. The o-line will finally become a top flight unit. We will only give up 15 sacks on the year. We will rush for over 2500 yards with Taysom Hill pitching in.

Derek Carr will also pass for 5100 yards for the 1st time in his career. We will have 3 1000 yard receivers in CGM, Chris Olave, and juwan Johnson. We will come in 2nd to KC in scoring offense as well.

With almost no real injuries, all of this is quite possible for this team. We have so many weapons on this offense, especially after AK comes back from suspension that it almost isn't fair to the rest of the league.

With the new left side of the o-line, our rushing attack will be almost unstoppable. Both of these young guys are maulers, or better yet, road graders. But the key is that we will be a team that sets up the run with the pass. This offense will be better than the 2011 squad.

The defense though is the clenched. In 2011, the defense was partly a liability. Not so in 2023. This defense will end up #4 overall. This is Dennis Allen's speciality. He will leave sneaky Pete alone, and SP will revert back to the playcaller he was when he put up 62 points on the Colt's.

Finally, this team will make it to the Superbowl, but will succumb to the Chiefs. Andy Reid is still the better Coach, over both Allen and Sneaky Pete. Great coaching will just be too much.

Now, next year however......lol

I love this teams makeup, and am expecting big things from them. But, I need my mind put at ease.

This game against the Titans scares me. They match up really well with us, and they are a very physical team.

I'm not too scared of their offense, other than Henry, mainly because of their revamped line.

But, their defense scares me. I'm worried about this game. Heck, even ross Jackson is picking the Titans.

I just spent the last 30 mins watching Derrick Henry highlights from last year. Someone that big should not be that fast! Demario Davis is the key to this game.

Henry is notorious for slow starts. 1 100 yard rushing game in all his week 1 games. The key is to get a lead and make them throw. Good pass rush. That being said I think it will be a close game and not real high scoring. It will come down to special teams. Saints by 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS

Shhh.... there, there. It'll all be ok, sweetheart.

Does that help?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom