Breaking! Spencer Rattler named starting QB ; Jay Glazer reports Rattler expected to start next 3-4 games (month) until Carr’s return (12 Viewers)

I think everyone knows what I think of Spencer at this point, so I’ll be more measured on my excitement about him getting the nod this week.

I do expect him to have some “welcome to the NFL” rookie moments this week. Nearly every QB has them in their first start. I don’t expect him to be the exception.

That said, this system fits him. The moment will not be too big for him. He is very talented. And I am willing to take the good with the bad with him because he has actual franchise QB goods. For him it will be a matter of decision making and if he can get the other guys to believe.

I think he can. That’s the part of this that has my head spinning with the future possibilities.

The last time I had this feeling was when Taysom got his shot, I and banged the table for him to get 10 or more touches a game, and I didn’t care how. The guys followed him. You could feel the intensity level of the team pick up when he played.

His Ceiling is a guy like CJ Stroud. And that’s not hyperbole. I’m freaking stoked!

Edit- Just FYI …. Speed and mobility are 2 different things when it comes to the QB position. After watching Drew for a decade and a half…. You’d think Saints fans would know the difference.
I KNOW the "difference" and it's my hope The Rattler comes with his jock tight and lightening in his arm~! Display your BEST SR~!

Shades of Ian Book Monday night game.

what.gif

He is not more mobile than Carr nor Haener, but he is more willing to run, and his arm strength allows him to throw off platform. Rattler runs a 4.95 in the 40, a 4.37 in the the 20 yard shuttle and a 7.21 in the 3 cone. Those are all slow. It’s his arm, not his legs that have to shine for us to win.

It’s no different from Patrick Mahomes 40 time which is 4.8 and he out ran the Saints defense like he was Michael Vick in his prime. Like Mahomes, Rattler knows how to escape pressure just enough to gain some yards or pick up a first down even though both QB’s 40’s are considered slow by league standards.

DA saying F it... why not? I respect the decision to see what we actually have in Rattler. This makes it pretty obvious that he knows what he has in Haener. Should be fun (and maybe brutal) this weekend!
I like Rattler and do think he has something about him that can lead to success. It just won’t be over the next couple of weeks.

I honestly didn't think they would throw him to the wolves this early. I think he has starter level NFL talent and I hope he can get his feet out under him and that he's put in a good position. In trust the coaches on this one and DA has my respect for making this decision. Rattler looks like a future starter in this league off of the limited looks I've had so far. He will get a lot of support from the crowd.

Last edited:
This week the Saints defense needs to step up big time and play like they are capable of and NOT like the KC debacle. Rattler will need all the help he can get. If the defense can keep the Bucs to FG's and maybe get an interception or fumble recovery or two Rattler would have additional opportunities to get points on the board. Tough task, but this defense is capable if they play lights out against this Division rival.

The defense?
In order for the Saints to win the KC game, the defense would've had to hold the Chiefs to 12 points at Arrowhead, which has not happened since Andy Reid took over.

The Saints defense held the Clowns to 12 points in 4 FGs, 3 of them from 50+.

The Defense created 4 turnovers against the Eagles, and only allowed 15 points.

If anyone needs to step it up, is the offense.

I honestly didn't think they would throw him tob the wolves this early. I think he has starter level NFL talent and I hope he can get his feet out under him and that he's put in a good position. In trust the coaches on this one and DA has my respect for making this decision. Rattler looks like a future starter in this league off of the limited looks I've had so far. He will get a lot of support from the crowd.

Bottom line , we are in desperate need of a spark.. the only thing that might shake up and even inspire this Saints team is if the Rattlesnake can come out and play even a little bit inspired .

It's really a 50/50 call to me. Haener with a bit more experience and Rattler who has a higher ceiling.

Probably these were both gonna be losses so maybe as well see if Rattler has anything. I am pulling for him. He has done everything right so far.

At least the message board has something to talk about this week besides losing. Rattler aside, I think the defense has to win this game for us. Rattler just needs to protect the ball.

I think Rattler has the potential to be the Saints long term answer at QB, but starting him at this point....especially with the injuries on the offensive line, may not be wise. I think DA is under a huge amount of pressure so he's rolling the dice. I think things could get ugly for the rookie.....and it won't necessarily be his fault. Tough spot for Rattler.

The defense?
In order for the Saints to win the KC game, the defense would've had to hold the Chiefs to 12 points at Arrowhead, which has not happened since Andy Reid took over.

The Saints defense held the Clowns to 12 points in 4 FGs, 3 of them from 50+.

The Defense created 4 turnovers against the Eagles, and only allowed 15 points.

If anyone needs to step it up, is the offense.
Agreed. If the offense was anything like the first two weeks of the season, the Saints would be sitting at 4-1 right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom