Breaking! Spencer Rattler named starting QB ; Jay Glazer reports Rattler expected to start next 3-4 games (month) until Carr’s return (12 Viewers)

Taysom Hill was the third string QB in 2020 when Brees got hurt against the 49ers. Winston came in to replace Brees, then Winston backed up Hill who was named the starter for the four games Brees missed.

A huge amount of this comes down to preparation and style. Haener is very similar to Carr in style so an offense built to Carr's strengths can best transition to Haener in an mid-game emergency.

Rattler is capable of being much more mobile than Carr and Haener and things like designed QB runs suddenly enter the playbook.
He is not more mobile than Carr nor Haener, but he is more willing to run, and his arm strength allows him to throw off platform. Rattler runs a 4.95 in the 40, a 4.37 in the the 20 yard shuttle and a 7.21 in the 3 cone. Those are all slow. It’s his arm, not his legs that have to shine for us to win.

I think everyone knows what I think of Spencer at this point, so I’ll be more measured on my excitement about him getting the nod this week.

I do expect him to have some “welcome to the NFL” rookie moments this week. Nearly every QB has them in their first start. I don’t expect him to be the exception.

That said, this system fits him. The moment will not be too big for him. He is very talented. And I am willing to take the good with the bad with him because he has actual franchise QB goods. For him it will be a matter of decision making and if he can get the other guys to believe.

I think he can. That’s the part of this that has my head spinning with the future possibilities.

The last time I had this feeling was when Taysom got his shot, I and banged the table for him to get 10 or more touches a game, and I didn’t care how. The guys followed him. You could feel the intensity level of the team pick up when he played.

His Ceiling is a guy like CJ Stroud. And that’s not hyperbole. I’m freaking stoked!

Edit- Just FYI …. Speed and mobility are 2 different things when it comes to the QB position. After watching Drew for a decade and a half…. You’d think Saints fans would know the difference.

For the record, DA making such a rash decision as promoting Tattler to QB1 is yet another example of his unfitness as a HC.

Gotta keep that hate flowing!
dennis Allen was not a good head coach when he was with the raiders, and he hasn't done anything with saints, except inheriting a playoff contention team and turned them into the laughing stock of the NFC south,

Rattler is the slowest QB on the team. He ran a 4.95, but he does like to create with mobility. Carr is the fastest full time QB with a sub 4.7, but he tries to play from the pocket. Haener is in the 4.8 range, and he also prefers the pocket. Rattler isn’t going to run away from people, so he needs to use his arm.

I know all those numbers are correct, but Carr plays much slower than his forty time and Rattler plays much faster than his 40 time. But, I do think people underrate Haener's mobility. Anyway, Rattler seems to have the instincts and quickness to move around in the pocket and marke off schedule throws. He's also fast enough to take rushing yards when they are there which despite his 40 time Carr can't or won't do. He's not Jayden Daniels when running with the ball, but you don't have to be to take the easy yards that Carr won't/can't take.

He is not more mobile than Carr nor Haener, but he is more willing to run, and his arm strength allows him to throw off platform. Rattler runs a 4.95 in the 40, a 4.37 in the the 20 yard shuttle and a 7.21 in the 3 cone. Those are all slow. It’s his arm, not his legs that have to shine for us to win.

Turn on the tape of Rattler. Watch how he moves away from pressure to buy time to throw or take what he can on the ground. That's not something we've seen often from Carr this season. I'm not as down on Carr as most people are, but that man has done the absolute bare minimum to help an interior offensive line we all know is going to be bad. The state of the offensive line currently does not allow someone who will not scramble to survive.

Turn on the tape of Rattler. Watch how he moves away from pressure to buy time to throw or take what he can on the ground. That's not something we've seen often from Carr this season. I'm not as down on Carr as most people are, but that man has done the absolute bare minimum to help an interior offensive line we all know is going to be bad. The state of the offensive line currently does not allow someone who will not scramble to survive.
Rattler is not as fast nor quick, but his style is mobile, and his arm strength allows him to throw off platform. I also think Rattler is more elusive than Carr, however Carr is plenty athletic, but his style is pocket passing. When Carr is asked to move the pocket, he does a good job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom