Breaking! Spencer Rattler named starting QB ; Jay Glazer reports Rattler expected to start next 3-4 games (month) until Carr’s return (7 Viewers)

Of course, but I wouldn't feel bad for us. I'm not one of those fans that think we owe our players anything but our encouragement. Carr is a good guy, works hard and is a good QB. But if another guy comes in and obviously plays better for more than a couple of games then you have to go with them.
I cant feel bad for CARR. He has the money bags many times over. He did a really good job this year. But if Rattler displaces him, that means he did a spectacular job.

But in reality, i expect to see a combo of flash and bad plays. Because this is the normal development for QBs

Hill didn't practice today and I wouldn't count on him playing. Also, Underhill keeps talking about how banged up AK is on nearly every podcast. The guys that are healthy are going to have to play their tails off to have a shot on Sunday.

Ruiz also did not practice today. I wouldn't expect him to play.
Wed. is typically vets day off so I wouldn't read too much in to some of them as DNP

I cant feel bad for CARR. He has the money bags many times over. He did a really good job this year. But if Rattler displaces him, that means he did a spectacular job.

But in reality, i expect to see a combo of flash and bad plays. Because this is the normal development for QBs
You can still have sympathy for someone that puts as much work in as they can and still come up short. At least I can, maybe you don't have that in you.

Wed. is typically vets day off so I wouldn't read too much in to some of them as DNP
When combined with the fact that they didn't play last week, it's a pretty good estimation that their status hasn't changed. Especially given that it was a walk through and with a new QB.

I'm late to the thread, but I'm excited to see Rattler play. I was good with either of our backups playing but Rattler getting his shot is great.

That said, he's gonna start is first game against a solid Bucs defense which is going to be a tall order. I hope KK can put him in good spots. We'll see.

Rattler is the better of the two, not taking anything away for. Haener who I live, but when we drafted Rattler he was clearly the most talented passer of the two.
SR has one thing , one thing over JH, arm strength, not arm talent just strength. My guess the reason why we're starting SR is he's used to running for his life, more so than JH

I said it before and i'll say it again.. this is Blake & AB all over again.. just watch!.. Now, get ATP back in the house, he was/is SR's main man!

NW.

I think this is a sign that DA would have been fired this week if we lost with Haener at QB. Just my opinion but this may buy him another weeks excuse to remain if we pull out a win. Personally I was a big DA supporter but at some point you just have to move on and blow it up..

I'm late to the thread, but I'm excited to see Rattler play. I was good with either of our backups playing but Rattler getting his shot is great.

That said, he's gonna start is first game against a solid Bucs defense which is going to be a tall order. I hope KK can put him in good spots. We'll see.
Vita Vea coming at Rattler with a guy who was on his couch a week ago contemplating retirement blocking for him isn't the most ideal situation for his first start, but first starts rarely come with ideal situations.

I don’t understand this assessment. Haener hasn’t done anything bad or head scratching in any of his playing time.
The fact is that the decision was never going to be ‘fair’ to either of the guys who were relegated to being #2. This is because they both did as well as could be expected of them during the time they were asked to go under center in an actual game.

Of course Haener did get some limited playing time last year while in some unfavorable circumstances. His cameo appearance in Monday night’s game didn’t help his resume either.

So now everyone is excited about Rattler getting his shot based on some spirited preseason performances where he looked pretty good against some lesser talented players. I get it, I was excited to see how he played as well.

But I think we’re making a big mistake if we believe Rattler will somehow be the savior of our season. If our team was healthy, then yes he could be the spark to accelerate the engine. At the moment however the Saints’ engine has too many missing parts to run properly. Yeah, he has a lot of athleticism needed to be an effective QB. But I’m not going to expect Rattler to fill the void left by the injuries to key players.

He deserves a fair shake to the start of his pro playing career. But the situation surrounding his starting role this week certainly doesn’t give him that. 😢 Let’s not expect miracles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom