Breaking! Spencer Rattler named starting QB ; Jay Glazer reports Rattler expected to start next 3-4 games (month) until Carr’s return (5 Viewers)

I agree that Rattler offers more and should be starting in Carr's absence. I have one major complaint. If he is not the best QB to start why wasn't he the best QB to be the primary backup? He didn't jump leaps in bounds in 2 days of practice but now he's a better option than Haener? He wasn't a better option this past Sunday or the games before that? I question a lot of things this coaching staff does, Allen especially, and this is just one more thing to add to that list.
Because I think that the offense as it exists in its intended form, perhaps favors someone like Haener. Possibly because his style of play is more comparable to Carr’s.

However with Carr out indefinitely and the massive injuries to the O-line, you have to, in essence, start from scratch and see who of the two is better to start - not relieve.

With his mobility, it seems that Rattler was the choice.

So glad they are going with him and not Haener. Ive never saw anything promising with him. Just another version of Book.

Dont know what Rattler will do, but im glad the Saints didnt go with the Qb thats obviously not much good.
I don’t understand this assessment. Haener hasn’t done anything bad or head scratching in any of his playing time.

Taysom wasn't the backup because he offered too much in the gameplan. That's completely different.
Several people answered your "one major complaint" and others would have, as well, because it was obvious and already answered. But that's not satisfactory for you. So, basically, you just simply want to complain.

Last edited:
This will be either Dennis Allen’s greatest move or worse ever move.
As fans, we have to be able to separate the decision from the outcome. It can’t just be a bad decision if we lose and a good decision if we win.

You either have to like the decision now or dislike the decision now.

Last edited:
I don’t understand this assessment. Haener hasn’t done anything bad or head scratching in any of his playing time.
I never said that. But his balls take a while to reach thier target and it looks like he has to use much effort in body to throw the ball

Would you feel bad for Carr if this becomes a Brady Bledsoe situation
Of course, but I wouldn't feel bad for us. I'm not one of those fans that think we owe our players anything but our encouragement. Carr is a good guy, works hard and is a good QB. But if another guy comes in and obviously plays better for more than a couple of games then you have to go with them.

DA's handling of the QBs this year has been excellent. Both guys competing. Not giving anything to anyone. Announcing on Wed the starter so QBs, players, and fans know instead of "gamemanship". I think Jake Haener is Colt McCoy and Rattler is TBD. You have to determine who the kid is and there's only one way to really do that. Two full games with starters on our offense and against real defenses will prove things quick.

I hope he can handle it because he's being thrown into an almost impossible situation behind what may be the worst offensive line in the NFL!

I want the kid to be the next greatest thing but MAN!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom