Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (1 Viewer)

The thing is…Star Trek didn’t debut on CBS, did it? I thought I read somewhere that it was NBC.

CBS has owned TOS since the beginning, though.

There's a long, convoluted story out there explaining why STD sucked so bad yet remained on the air where the upshot is that Paramount desperately wants TOS to disappear as canon.

I guess this could go here:

I decided to give ST: Enterprise another watch an this show is just AWFUL! I can't believe this was made by Berman & Braga, all of the characters are just dumb with only one exception and that is Jeffery Comb's Andorian character.

I actually feel sorry for Jolene Blalock because I remember reading a story about her being excited to play a Vulcan and she turned out hating her character. They used her as nothing but a PoA. I just watched an episode where T'Pol & Archer were tied together face-to-face and then she falls on top of him leaving him with a face full of her boobs. Lame.

I guess this could go here:

I decided to give ST: Enterprise another watch an this show is just AWFUL! I can't believe this was made by Berman & Braga, all of the characters are just dumb with only one exception and that is Jeffery Comb's Andorian character.

I actually feel sorry for Jolene Blalock because I remember reading a story about her being excited to play a Vulcan and she turned out hating her character. They used her as nothing but a PoA. I just watched an episode where T'Pol & Archer were tied together face-to-face and then she falls on top of him leaving him with a face full of her boobs. Lame.
Sorry dude. I usually agree with you on a lot, but not here. Enterprise was a damn good show until the final season when Berman just said fork it. I'll will agree that the final season made me want to hunt some folks down for ruining such a good show.

They used her as nothing but a PoA. I just watched an episode where T'Pol & Archer were tied together face-to-face and then she falls on top of him leaving him with a face full of her boobs. Lame.

I felt the same way about 7 of 9 character. Had a suspicion they gave her that form fitting outfit, to get more guys to watch the show and boost ratings etc

Sorry dude. I usually agree with you on a lot, but not here. Enterprise was a damn good show until the final season when Berman just said fork it. I'll will agree that the final season made me want to hunt some folks down for ruining such a good show.
It had the potential to be a good show but they failed by "nerfing" the Vulcans, they set that species evolvement further back than they should have been. The Vulcans were casuals liars, easily angered and didn't possess superior strength compared to other species.

Then there's the Enterprise's crew, in particular Trip, it seem like their main goal was to see how many alien females they could smash. Not to mention the repeated trips to the decontamination sauna, which features rubbing "Dr Flox's DECON Oils" (ever so gently) all over T'Pol's body. There are multiple episodes were it would be hard to tell if you were watching Star Trek or a SkineMax flick!

The crew was reckless as well, they were overly confident that they could explore the galaxy on their own. Even after the 1st episode when they were rudely introduced to the Sullibans & KLINGONS, they fought against their sole "ally", Vulcans, at every turn. I know these Vulcans were nefarious, but to simply ignore their concerns was more of a danger.

Season 1 is just full of stupid episodes and Rogue Planet is #1 on my list! This one was about a planet that has broken from its orbit and is just sitting out in the dark & cold of space. Nevertheless, it has a breathable atmosphere and forest-life! C'mon man!

I felt the same way about 7 of 9 character. Had a suspicion they gave her that form fitting outfit, to get more guys to watch the show and boost ratings etc
Seven had more depth from the start though. Her character was continually growing and her form fitting outfit was a bonus as opposed to T'Pol's. Plus, Seven didn't have to do this in damn near every episode:

Season 1 Ep1

or this
Season 2 Ep1
carboncreek_123.jpg

Interesting. Myself and most other people agree the final season is when the show got good.

Interesting. Myself and most other people agree the final season is when the show got good.
That's how I remember feeling after they finished their run. Having finish re-watching it this weekend, the final season made more sense than any first 3 seasons...except the finale, of course. They could have pressed on following the same course they were on with the Terra Prime storyline, but I fear they would fall back into the same lame stories they were telling in the 1st 3 seasons.

That's how I remember feeling after they finished their run. Having finish re-watching it this weekend, the final season made more sense than any first 3 seasons...except the finale, of course. They could have pressed on following the same course they were on with the Terra Prime storyline, but I fear they would fall back into the same lame stories they were telling in the 1st 3 seasons.
Some of those early episodes are great but it was cancelled just when it got good.

I didn't even know it existed. Watched it for the first time during Covid. Was pleasantly surprised.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom