Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (4 Viewers)

This entire season was hit after hit after hit after HOMERUN after HOMERUN after HOMERUN. There wasn’t a single episode that was even remotely mediocre. Everything was just so good. The least awesome episode, IMO was the very 1st one and that was still quite excellent.

Amazingly, Subspace Rhapsody was the best episode to me. It was the most daring episode of Star Trek ever. If it isn’t the best episode ever, it’s most certainly in the top 5. The there is “Those Old Scientists” again, a top 5 episode for all of Star Trek lore.

Going to a 20, or more, episode season would be awesome but can they do it and still keep the quality as high as it has been?

Anyways, just waiting to watch Lower Decks so I can mothball my Paramount subscription for a while.

That’s a lot of time Paramount won’t be getting my subscription money. I’m cutting it as soon as Lower Decks ends. I’ll put it back on with Disco returns and then cut it off again.

Paramount needs to realize that Star Trek fans are carrying their little streaming service. Give us more Trek dagnabbit.
Yep. And they seemed to have figured that out with how they lined up seasons. But now Picard is done for good. They've canned Prodigy. They're about to experience a huge lull in subscriptions when these gaps in Trek series start. Like @Rickboy and I'm sure others, it's the only reason I have Paramount+.

Not at all. But, some of the things you see that are interesting, make the rest of positively giddy.
Thanks and you're right. Two episodes in, and I like it very much. My first Star Trek show. If I were to watch the others, which are best to go to next?

all of them and on par with a well known TNG one as far as how high the cliff is.
True...but TNG ran 26 episodes per season and with many 2 parters within a season, SNW hasn't reached 26eps in two seasons. With their limited episodes, the need to decide if they are going to provide us with an episodic drama or a drama series.

True...but TNG ran 26 episodes per season and with many 2 parters within a season, SNW hasn't reached 26eps in two seasons. With their limited episodes, the need to decide if they are going to provide us with an episodic drama or a drama series.

Attachments

• both.jpg
    both.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 4
Well with TNG, their season ran twice as long as SNW and their following season premiered 3 months later, SNW doesn't have that sort of time to do both. I want them to gain that time, but if they can't, they shouldn't leave their audiences hanging for almost a year for their conclusion. I could get hit by a bus before I can conclude this story!

TNG, DS9, then lower decks (I put lower decks 3rd b/c they sometimes reference things from TNG and DS9)
Funny thing I noticed last night: I've been watching TNG and I didn't remember that Peanut Hamper was actually an Exocomp from TNG. :D
07083f02-cad7-447f-968e-4d7ffdf8851c_screenshot.jpg

the-quality-of-life.jpg

Well with TNG, their season ran twice as long as SNW and their following season premiered 3 months later, SNW doesn't have that sort of time to do both. I want them to gain that time, but if they can't, they shouldn't leave their audiences hanging for almost a year for their conclusion. I could get hit by a bus before I can conclude this story!
It won't almost a year you have to wait, it is going to be 1.5-2.5 years. It was announced that season 3 will be released in 2025.

It won't almost a year you have to wait, it is going to be 1.5-2.5 years. It was announced that season 3 will be released in 2025.
Yeah, I was just pointing out under normal circumstances it would have been almost a year from the final ep to the new season.

all this talk about wait times between seasons... Paramount could easily fill the gaps by... I dunno, just brainstorming here... remastering DS9 in 4k. Hell they could even draw it out by releasing one season per year if they want to be stingy about it.

I read there would be more work required to remaster it compared to TNG, but considering the highest quality version of DS9 came out on... what? DVD? 480p resolution? I think a 4k remaster is long overdue.

If they want to make themselves THE platform for everything Trek, this seems like an easy win for them to get more fans interested

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom