Star Wars Question (1 Viewer)

I thought it made sense and was well done.

He was tricked and gave up everything for his love of Padme.

That’s why I didn’t like it. I think it would have been more interesting if he was actually seduced by the dark side instead of tricked. Anakin grows tired of all the politics and just wants peace so he seeks the power to end the war, getting angrier at all the stupid rules in his way. That sort of thing. As he gets angrier he pushes Padme away which just makes him angrier and sows the seeds of his self loathing.

That’s why I didn’t like it. I think it would have been more interesting if he was actually seduced by the dark side instead of tricked. Anakin grows tired of all the politics and just wants peace so he seeks the power to end the war, getting angrier at all the stupid rules in his way. That sort of thing. As he gets angrier he pushes Padme away which just makes him angrier and sows the seeds of his self loathing.

That's not bad at all.

I wish you were a GOT writer.

I thought it made sense and was well done.

He was tricked and gave up everything for his love of Padme.

I'm a romantic and I love dark movies.

Probably why a prefer "Empire" and liked "Sith".

I'm fine with the basic plot being that Anakin turns in order to save Padme. I don't like how it was done. It was too sudden. He goes from basically good Jedi to slaughtering a bunch of kids in like 2 minutes. I don't think the sand people scene in Ep2 really counts for much. Also didn't he think just maybe Padme isn't going to want anything to do with me after I turn against the Jedi and slaughter a bunch of kids.

I'm fine with the basic plot being that Anakin turns in order to save Padme. I don't like how it was done. It was too sudden. He goes from basically good Jedi to slaughtering a bunch of kids in like 2 minutes. I don't think the sand people scene in Ep2 really counts for much. Also didn't he think just maybe Padme isn't going to want anything to do with me after I turn against the Jedi and slaughter a bunch of kids.

I do count the Sand People. It shows his willingness to go to the "Darkside" for someone he loves.

And dreams are very powerful if you believe them to be prophetic.

He had an instant to chose. He is passionate and makes the wrong choice.

to be fair you could have given hayden christensen 2 years to make that change and it probably wouldn't be all that different

to be fair you could have given hayden christensen 2 years to make that change and it probably wouldn't be all that different

Yeah his acting wasn't great. Partially the fault of the director, who is on record of hating working with actors.

Episodes 4-6 worked because Lucas wasn't yet a god, and people would stand up to him. Like Harrison Ford - "You can write this stuff, but you can't say it."

Episode 1-3 might have worked, had Lucas farmed off the directing work to someone competent. Better direction, better dialog, and minor plot tweaks probably would have saved the films.

This

I just never bought it

Anakin: I’m only doing this so I can save Padme

Emperor: I understand, now go murder all the Jedi children

Anakin: you got it

The Anakin/Padme romance has to be the least convincing love story I’ve ever seen in a movie

I don’t know if was the more the dialogue or the acting or the directing or all three but it was dreadful

Last edited:
Who’s everyone?
No one knew about Sidious

And I can’t remember all of the details bc I was reading it to my son at the time (and I remember ‘our loud’ books less for some reason)
But
The jostling if everyone under the Emperor was intense and there was something about his identity that would have made him vulnerable - plus he had snatched of memory that was already making him confused

That’s a fair point. But palpatine wasn’t out and about doing business as Darth Sidious out in the open like Vader was (if he had that cloak wasn’t fooling anyone)

If you were somewhere that Darth Maul was you’d be like “isn’t that Billy from high school?”

Vader was conducting business as an emissary of the Empire

If he hadn’t burned up on mustafar and just lost his legs I assume he still would have acted as that same emissary

And there would have been no disguising himself

Anyone interacting with Darth Vader who also knew Anakin Skywalker would see they are one and the same

This I agree with. A better actor could have helped.

In fairness, he was better in "Sith" when he had a little more to work with.

And Robert De Niro couldn't have pulled this "Clones" line off:

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."

Yeah his acting wasn't great. Partially the fault of the director, who is on record of hating working with actors.
given that natalie portman is good in 63 movies (your ratings on Thor may vary) and looked like a hack in this one, there is weight to what you are saying
but i'm not sure gus van sant could get a credible moment out of hayden
he is wooden like a 40s B actor

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."
Olivier couldn't have made this garbage work. Still, dull Christensen and the robotic Portman made the worst of it.

By far the best review of this mess is from Red Letter Media. Longer (yet more entertaining) than the movies themselves, they're worth a watch.

Surely, Episodes 1,2,3 were better than 7&8... right?

Episodes 1 and 3 had some good scenes, and even 2 had good lightsaber duels. 7&8 stunk!
I don’t know what to say to this
It’s like you’re telling me the falcons won the superbowl
Just factually incorrect and bizarre
Prequels were some of the worst big budget genre movies ever made
7&8 are near par with ANH and better than ewoks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom