Sucking carbon out of the air (1 Viewer)

What I'm curious about is how are they making money or getting funding for all this? It sounds like a private company so they would see to need to be making money somehow.

Carbon credits.
I attended a venture capitalist event where some of the companies were doing similar things.

Basically, the overall value proposition to this over trees is the amount of space required and time to market, so to speak (trees take up a lot of space and can take a while before they are capturing carbon). The downside is the energy required to run this operation and cascading effects of the production of materials, etc.

I think we are trying to something similar in Hackberry, LA.

The CNN article posted earlier mentions that there is a similar plant is under construction in Texas and that once it is fully online will be capable of pulling 500,000 tons per year while the one that just went online will only remove 36,000 tons.

Yes, and equally effective. But "carbon capture" has the benefit of no one knowing how ineffective it is yet.

We all know planting trees won't get us out of this mess. Neither will carbon capture, but it will continue to get pushed as a solution by the world's main polluters until everyone catches on.
The problem is who we allow to define how big the mess is, and when we've gotten out of it.

Do you think the environmental lobby wants the environment fixed? No way. Then they don't have jobs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom