Taysom Hill not surprised the Saints are expected to sign quarterback Jameis Winston (2 Viewers)

• Admin
Hill is on board with the Saints adding Winston

By Jeff Kerr | CBS Sports

The New Orleans Saints committed to Taysom Hill by giving him a two-year extension and making him one of the highest-paid backup quarterbacks in the NFL. They are now also expected to reportedly sign Jameis Winston to add to their quarterback room. If you were looking for a brewing controversy, led by Hill, you won't find one. Hill wasn't surprised by the Saints deciding to bring in another quarterback. That's what the franchise told Hill even when they placed the first-round tender on him prior to his extension.

"Coach (Payton) and I had a conversation before free agency hit, kind of what his plan was for me," Hill said in a conference call Sunday. "I had multiple conversations following that and I knew that we were always going to bring in another guy. I didn't know who it was going to be, but no surprise there."

As for the Saints bringing in Winston? That didn't surprise Hill either, especially since the Saints have valued the quarterback room and the potential of having all three quarterbacks contribute on the roster.

Full Story - CBS Sports

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom