Teddy Bridgewater! (1 Viewer)

Did you watch Siemian play in Denver? Or are you just going by this one game? And why do you think Bridgewater is not in N.O., after being here 2 seasons?
I saw all of Trevor’s games in Denver, all of Taysom’s games, and all of Teddy’s games in New Orleans and Denver.

Teddy would be the best option, that’s not a question. The only question is whether Denver would make the deal.

You never know. We only have one qb under contract for next year.
You're right. But JW wants to be here, his market post-injury isn't likely to be what it would've been, and the Saints want him back. I strongly suspect that the Saints know what it will take to get him back under contract.

If we can get Teddy I am all for it.

I know Semien played pretty decently, but don't count on that to last once defenses prepare for him. He was straight up terrible in Denver outside of a couple of games.

Teddy gives us a shot this year.

I think the Hill train is gonna be stuck at the station for a while. Dude got his bell rung to the point he will be lucky not to have permanent brain damage.

Yes, I did see Siemian play in Denver. I watched him play quite a bit during the Broncos Super Bowl season. I think Bridgewater is not in NOLA because Carolina offered him way more money than the Saints felt that he was worth. I'm not saying he's a great quarterback. I'm saying, he fits the bill better than Siemian as the type of game manager this team needs right now. I don't think Teddy's the long-term solution, but I believe this team has a chance to win now. Why not give up a day-2 pick that we can probably recover as a comp pick a year later? Teddy's making 4.5 million dollars this season. It's a bargain.

Why do you think the Saints didn't think Bridgewater was worth was is basically a standard going rate for a starting QB?

How do you know Siemian doesn't fit the N.O. system? Based on half a game? Or was he playing on Payton's system in Denver?

I’m for it at the right price. He’s a better QB than Taysom and, as good as I thought Siemian was against Tampa Bay under the circumstances, Teddy is much more a “known quantity” around these parts. It won’t happen though: Payton is committed to Taysom starting as soon as he is healthy. And we ain’t sending a 4th rounder to get a third backup.

You're right. But JW wants to be here, his market post-injury isn't likely to be what it would've been, and the Saints want him back. I strongly suspect that the Saints know what it will take to get him back under contract.

And there's nothing saying the Saints couldn't have both if they wanted. I don't think Teddy is guaranteed a starting job next year. I don't think Jameis is guaranteed to be ready by week 1 next year either. This may be a situation where we need two QBs that can start.

Why do you think the Saints didn't think Bridgewater was worth was is basically a standard going rate for a starting QB?

How do you know Siemian doesn't fit the N.O. system? Based on half a game? Or was he playing on Payton's system in Denver?

IMO we let Teddy walk because his game was hardly different than "old man" Brees' game...high percentage short throws 99.5% of the time with an intermediate ball sprinkled in for good measure. I think CSP wanted a different brand of football, that's why he let TB walk without putting up too much of a fight.

Now, that different brand, was it TH bullyball or JW big arm ball...is the question and I think CSP really was up for both.

Also, it didn't help that Brees was coming back for another season and his market heated up a little. But lets not act like he stunk up the joint while he was here.

And there's nothing saying the Saints couldn't have both if they wanted. I don't think Teddy is guaranteed a starting job next year. I don't think Jameis is guaranteed to be ready by week 1 next year either. This may be a situation where we need two QBs that can start.
Joe burrow tore his ACL roughly a month later in the season and was ready to go , JW would be ready to go week 1 if everything stays on schedule.

yeah...i think we make it far into playoffs with TB. BRees and TB are basically clones , but TB has a little better arm left than DB.

yeah...i think we make it far into playoffs with TB. BRees and TB are basically clones , but TB has a little better arm left than DB.

clones in what regard?

Brees was hands down the most mental QB in the game. His ability to process, spatial awareness ...second to none

IMO we let Teddy walk because his game was hardly different than "old man" Brees' game...high percentage short throws 99.5% of the time with an intermediate ball sprinkled in for good measure. I think CSP wanted a different brand of football, that's why he let TB walk without putting up too much of a fight.

Now, that different brand, was it TH bullyball or JW big arm ball...is the question and I think CSP really was up for both.

Also, it didn't help that Brees was coming back for another season and his market heated up a little. But lets not act like he stunk up the joint while he was here.

Another "let's not" poster... hopefully it is not contagious.

In any case, the Saints let him walk because he wasn't "the guy", and he walked to Carolina, where he signed a 2 year deal, but only played 1 year because he was released, then walked all the way to Colorado and signed a "prove it" 1 year deal, and so far he isn't proving it.

I guess the argument would be, that Bridgewater is familiar with the Saints' 2019 system... but I ask, why can't Siemian fit the 2021 system? Why doesn't he get his shot?

Teddy is litereally our only option at Qb that doesn't need a year to learn the offense.

Teddy is also cheap. We can make a deal.

Teddy is better than Siemian. I'm definitely game if he's not too expensive (and healthy).

Another "let's not" poster... hopefully it is not contagious.

In any case, the Saints let him walk because he wasn't "the guy", and he walked to Carolina, where he signed a 2 year deal, but only played 1 year because he was released, then walked all the way to Colorado and signed a "prove it" 1 year deal, and so far he isn't proving it.

I guess the argument would be, that Bridgewater is familiar with the Saints' 2019 system... but I ask, why can't Siemian fit the 2021 system? Why doesn't he get his shot?
I didn't say that Siemian shouldn't get a shot...I'm just asking that you not revise history as to how his performance was in NO during that 5 game stretch he was called upon to start. During his 5 games, he got better as he went on including a 300yd 4td game against the Yucs...that's all I'm saying.

Ever stop to think that Maybe Carolina and Denver are the problem?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom