Ten penalties, 102 yards (1 Viewer)

It's been pointed out before that it's not how many calls are made that are questionable. It's the timing of these calls. On that one Vikings drive, it was ridiculous. They gave the Vikings that TD and the lead. These officials really make the game hard to watch.
Understood.

Same can be said for the legit penalties and the turnovers and the missed protections.

You can point to a couple egregious calls. I can point to a lot more self-inflicted errors.

I agree some calls were suspect in all our games so far but you guys need to stop blaming the refs and pay attention to coaching and execution . This team is obviously poorly coached and undisciplined and that’s why we are now 1-3 and going nowhere fast . 🤷🏽‍♂️

Our defense played perfect defense on that drive after we scored and stopped them twice. And the refs threw bogus flags back to back. It’s obvious when it always happens on third down.

I agree that we are not a very good team, but imagine what i feels like for a team when the opponents get called 0 times for holding(offense and defense) and we get called 7-8 times. Statistically it’s not possible week after week!

I’m actually tired of hearing about this falling on coaching. Cause the funny thing is many on this board dragged Sean last year and called out his coaching. There have been endless threads about the current HC—the one a majority of this board was pulling to retain after Sean’s shocking retirement.

I get it. The top man gets the bulk of the blame. Here’s the thing. I’m not against dragging Dennis. I am however curious when can we start expecting professional athletes to execute their assignments? What happened to “do your job”? Dennis ain’t out there fumbling. He’s not missing tackles. He’s not false starting or taking bad angles on return/punt coverages. These are grown men who are given game plans to execute. The players aren’t executing at the level expected of them.

A coach can only do so much. Dennis has a lot of room for growth and absolutely needs to do better on the little (And Big)things. The players shouldn’t be absolved of their responsibilities in these critiques. I’m tired of seeing vets kill our drives. Seasoned players making dumb, rookie mistakes. Discipline is a personal pursuit. The ghost of Lombardi can appear in that locker room and preach precision, but none of that matters if the players don’t hold themselves and each other accountable.

Blame Dennis? Sure. But let the screams against those 53 professional athletes lining up every Sunday be just as loud.
The problem is that Allen already has been described as a bit more relaxed than SP and he hasn’t earned nearly the benefit of the doubt as a HC.

So when his first four games show signs of a team that lacks attention to detail, and he is supposedly less detail-oriented than Payton, it’s fair to question, IMO.

Understood.

Same can be said for the legit penalties and the turnovers and the missed protections.

You can point to a couple egregious calls. I can point to a lot more self-inflicted errors.

How many times have our opponents been called for holding(offense and defense) this year? I bet it’s less than 5. And it’s not because Carolina and Falcons etc are more talented than us!

I bet money ML on Viking because it’s pretty obvious that it’s gonna happen, and I would have been happy to lose that bet.

Understood.

But the Saints overcame these errors. You are missing the point. Its the timing of the egregious calls. That last drive was ridiculous. Vikings were bailed out continuously. Keep in mind these trash for officials threw two flags on the Saints D when they called Latt for PI on that play. To me, it was obvious these jerks were determined to get the Vikings in the end zone.

You do know despite all that we did take the lead. So, yeah, you can blame the refs! We overcame all that!

On 3rd down you're okay with Mathieu being called for hands to the face when he shoved the WR shoulders? Giving them an automatic first down when the drive would have been over cause the pass was incomplete.

Then again, you're okay with BS PI on Lattimore when he gets his facemask tugged on? Even Perria said it should been a no call.

Yes, we turned it over and had some penalties early but we overcame it and shouldn't have to worry about the refs bogus calls.

Since you're okay with all those BS penalties then I guess you were okay with Olave getting his arm grabbed preventing him from catching a pass.
You are right about the officiating, it was pretty much one sided towards the end. But you also have to consider the 2 turnovers, the lack of discipline and penalties and 2 blown coverages and poor special teams play, played a big part throughout the game. Oh and don't forget bad play calling in the first half.

I agree that I don’t like Allen’s style. He won’t last long.

However, they called 0. Read that again 000000000 holding calls against the Vikings on offense and defense and 7-8 on us. Statistically it’s not possible, especially since our D-Line is better(less worse) than the Vikings.

Honestly, I can’t even remember the last time they called a hold on our opponents’ O-line.

This game was lost by refs calling BS penaties. The D stood up after the fist quarter and shut them down other than the giant penalties.

The offense even got into a rhythm for awhile, but false starts and holds called were killers and once again a fumble changes the game.

At least it was watchable considering we were missing half our offense. Again.

I’m actually tired of hearing about this falling on coaching. Cause the funny thing is many on this board dragged Sean last year and called out his coaching. There have been endless threads about the current HC—the one a majority of this board was pulling to retain after Sean’s shocking retirement.

I get it. The top man gets the bulk of the blame. Here’s the thing. I’m not against dragging Dennis. I am however curious when can we start expecting professional athletes to execute their assignments? What happened to “do your job”? Dennis ain’t out there fumbling. He’s not missing tackles. He’s not false starting or taking bad angles on return/punt coverages. These are grown men who are given game plans to execute. The players aren’t executing at the level expected of them.

A coach can only do so much. Dennis has a lot of room for growth and absolutely needs to do better on the little (And Big)things. The players shouldn’t be absolved of their responsibilities in these critiques. I’m tired of seeing vets kill our drives. Seasoned players making dumb, rookie mistakes. Discipline is a personal pursuit. The ghost of Lombardi can appear in that locker room and preach precision, but none of that matters if the players don’t hold themselves and each other accountable.

Blame Dennis? Sure. But let the screams against those 53 professional athletes lining up every Sunday be just as loud.
So you’re using the Haslett talking points. Not his job to motivate players. Not his job to not fumble. Not his job to word tackle.

Sorry, but the is the head coaches job. Pete didn’t go from Payton jr to Carl Smith on his own. Butterfingers didn’t automatically sponsor the offensive ball handlers.

Look at how Allen’s teams were in Oakland. This is exactly how they played. This is who he is. I’m all for giving a young coach a second chance, but he learned nothing operating under Payton. The same Allen is still there

We kept shooting ourselves on the foot but Two penalties on that last Vikings TD drive were bullshirt. This team is not good to overcome the refs.

Very few teams are good enough to overcome those bs calls. And it’s not just the calls that’s made, it’s just as much about the ones they don’t call. If that was a PI on Lattimore, then it was definitely a PI on Olave. And guess how many holding calls the Vikings had. The correct number was 0, and that is vs a pretty solid Saints defensive line.

Ten penalties,that's three or four games worth for the other teams. It sorta dulls the edge. I'd bail on the NBA in a hurry if the foul numbers were 4 or 5 to one every game. Should be doing that to the NFL but the black and gold loyalty just won't play along.

It is a bit of everything going wrong right now, but I'm not so sure that DA is the problem. Some of these are just fluke plays (like how a fumble bounces) and some are bad mistakes by the QB (Jameis going deep again and again and again) and some are penalties that have no business being called. I'm not happy Lattimore got beat by JJ deep late in single coverage, but the Vikings scheme to get that matchup and they took advantage of it with a perfectly thrown ball. Contrast that with Olave getting underthrown repeatedly the last few weeks and once this week when Dalton threw late AND out-of-bounds to him. Minnesota took advantage (and there is no lie to claim that the refs provided many of those opportunities) where our players failed. That isn't on DA. He has put them in position to do well and they have blown it.

What would you have Allen do? Pull starters? NFL rosters are always thin and with injuries we are now paper-thin. Maybe he can tell Carmichael to call a more conservative game, but if they've installed and practiced their offense for months perhaps they just aren't flexible enough to do that. Mark Ingram has been a historic back for us, but he isn't that back anymore. That Murray played instead of Jones or Washington shows that DA will bench players, and it was a great decision today. Murray showed out where others did not. Give DA some props for that.

The slow starts were something Payton dealt with, too.

But the Saints overcame these errors. You are missing the point. Its the timing of the egregious calls. That last drive was ridiculous. Vikings were bailed out continuously. Keep in mind these trash for officials threw two flags on the Saints D when they called Latt for PI on that play. To me, it was obvious these jerks were determined to get the Vikings in the end zone.
You can’t say they overcame those mistakes but didn’t overcome the calls.

The timing of the NOLA no-call was quite different. That would have been “take three knees and kick the game winner.”

Still time left in this one after those calls. And the self-inflicted mistakes are a much bigger, more consistent problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom