TENNIS ( An All Year Round General Thread ) (2 Viewers)

It was the three best players of all time playing against each other.

I will never forget this moment for the rest of my life.

I always felt bad for Murray. He would have won 3-4 slams in any other era. I don't feel to bad though. His wife is a smokeshow.
I feel the same as MBS but kinda stopped myself from posting those ideas bc it felt ‘back in my day’
But Sampras Agassi was the last real rivalry (doesn’t really matter if all these players could beat them)
And Pete and Andre had Courier, Lendl, Becker, Edberg, et al there ready to snatch a final if the other two wobbled

The Women's Finale is about to start. The players have entered the court and are warming up. Not everyone on this thread is from America, but for those of you who are, the match is being broadcasted right now on NBC Network.

I feel the same as MBS but kinda stopped myself from posting those ideas bc it felt ‘back in my day’
But Sampras Agassi was the last real rivalry (doesn’t really matter if all these players could beat them)
And Pete and Andre had Courier, Lendl, Becker, Edberg, et al there ready to snatch a final if the other two wobbled

I kind of get what your saying.

A way to put this would be Sampras vs Agassi was a clash of styles. Sampras was more serve/volley, and Agassi was one of the best returners ever.

I get why you would consider the era that just ended stale. It was the same 4 guys with a sprinkling of Wawrinka, and Roddick mixed in. Still, it was some of the highest levels of men's tennis ever. We got some great matches out of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom