The Chess Thread (3 Viewers)

Good games @DaveXA. Im being a little brutal with Queen early but it was first order of Biz for me when I picked back up. In fact I had to watch a YouTube to learn how to defend it and it wasn’t long ago either.

Yeah, I didn't see the opening you had for the queen move to mate, but I'll catch on. I haven't played in like 30+ years so I'm definitely going to have to re-learn some of the basic stuff and figure out how to defend. Thanks for playing. I like it and I'm gonna start learning some of the various attack strategies as well.

Seeing 2-3 moves ahead isn't really a strong suit for me, so it's something I need to work on.

Yeah, I didn't see the opening you had for the queen move to mate, but I'll catch on. I haven't played in like 30+ years so I'm definitely going to have to re-learn some of the basic stuff and figure out how to defend. Thanks for playing. I like it and I'm gonna start learning some of the various attack strategies as well.

Seeing 2-3 moves ahead isn't really a strong suit for me, so it's something I need to work on.
You really have a lot of tools in this app. They will let you watch several lessons per week. You can also hit the analysis button in the bottom center on phone, and play around with both sides so you can try to see what you opponent will see after a move, etc. And I’ll play as much as you like - Im back to fully addicted.

He did you dirty brah. smh

You really have a lot of tools in this app. They will let you watch several lessons per week. You can also hit the analysis button in the bottom center on phone, and play around with both sides so you can try to see what you opponent will see after a move, etc. And I’ll play as much as you like - Im back to fully addicted.
Nice, the 1 per day limit to analyze a game sucks tho. But they do need their premium subs I guess.

Nice, the 1 per day limit to analyze a game sucks tho. But they do need their premium subs I guess.
Yea but you don’t pay for the feature I mentioned above. I’m just learning to analyze games myself.

Also, you can do all the various types of puzzles once a day as well.

Yea but you don’t pay for the feature I mentioned above. I’m just learning to analyze games myself.
Yeah, I see some things I can use and some are limited. I want to be able to compare my moves with the best moves suggested and what my blunders were.

Yeah, I see some things I can use and some are limited. I want to be able to compare my moves with the best moves suggested and what my blunders were.

Board vision comes, you have to just keep playing. Play the computer/bot opponents - the easiest ones. Just play a lot and you’ll start to see the board and the moves without missing something easy. It’s a first big step in being able to play and I think the easy bots are good for that because who cares if you lose just keep playing.

Much better opening @DaveXA. You were keeping me on my heels until you pushed that bishop pawn out two squares allowing me to take with queen. Had you pushed it out one, it would have been a very different game.

question to everyone, what is an “inaccuracy” in analysis?

Much better opening @DaveXA. You were keeping me on my heels until you pushed that bishop pawn out two squares allowing me to take with queen. Had you pushed it out one, it would have been a very different game.

question to everyone, what is an “inaccuracy” in analysis?

I don't know if I have seen a definition but I think it's a move that marginally weakens or at least fails to improve your position as well as other moves would have. It's not a mistake per se, that is where you expose your position to attack (and blunder is where you just give up a piece for nothing on the next move).

I don't know if I have seen a definition but I think it's a move that marginally weakens or at least fails to improve your position as well as other moves would have. It's not a mistake per se, that is where you expose your position to attack (and blunder is where you just give up a piece for nothing on the next move).
That is helpful. I’m going through various YouTube’s trying to figure out how to get even more out of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom