The cream rises to the top.... It's a two horse race in the South {old thread} (1 Viewer)

Panthers looked like crap last night. Hopfully they lose a couple more before we meet them but in any case our games vs them are usually tough. Not scared one bit.

Can’t believe I’m saying this as I don’t like the Hawks, but I hope they lose to them. As that benefits us. I don’t think they will though as they are 5-0 at home.

Unless that beatdown broke a part of them like I think our victory in Baltimore demoralized the Ravens and seems to have sent them into a tailspin.

Ever ordered a milkshake at the drive through, but they prepared too early?

The Panthers are the kind of team that can beat up on bad/average teams. Especially teams with normal offenses that don't challenge with scheme.

They matchup up horribly against the Saints.

giphy.gif

I wasn't sold on the Panthers, just because they have a "new-look" offense that is actually the old look of having him run more, and teams haven't adjusted yet. Newton is only passing for 219 yards per game in a season when offense is exploding all over the place. Their defense, honestly, is still aging and not all that good -- ranked in the 20's in points per game allowed and opponent passer rating, despite a +7 in turnovers -- but nobody really notices because we expect their defense to be good after so many years.

Still, Rivera is a fine coach, and I would not read too much into a Thursday night road loss against an AFC team you see once every four years, even if it's a blowout. They're not as good as the Saints right now, but they're not 30 points worse by any stretch.

I think the team to watch is the Clowns. Their schedule is favorable.

This is still a three horse race until the last couple weeks of the season.

It’s a two horse race in the NFC but not sure about the south. I think Atlanta may catch Carolina before it’s all over

Carolina loses again next week vs the Seahawks then twice more vs NO and @ NO. Do they make the playoffs at 10-6?

Atlanta loses @ NO and @ GB... do they make the playoffs at 10-6?

Both are possibilities.

Saints have a pretty daunting schedule going forward. By any stretch, I can't find 5 losees though. Barring some undesirable events or occurances... Saints should win the south with a multiple game lead in the division and honestly... should take either the #1 or #2 seed.

If the cats or the birds want to go ahead an knock off LA again in the divisional round, that would be fine by me. I really dont' want to play LA or Minny again in January. But whatever it takes I guess.

It’s a two horse race in the NFC but not sure about the south. I think Atlanta may catch Carolina before it’s all over

We can put Atlanta down with a second victory over them. Which of course we are all hopeful for.

Carolina loses again next week vs the Seahawks then twice more vs NO and @ NO. Do they make the playoffs at 10-6?

Atlanta loses @ NO and @ GB... do they make the playoffs at 10-6?

Both are possibilities.

Saints have a pretty daunting schedule going forward. By any stretch, I can't find 5 losees though. Barring some undesirable events or occurances... Saints should win the south with a multiple game lead in the division and honestly... should take either the #1 or #2 seed.

If the cats or the birds want to go ahead an knock off LA again in the divisional round, that would be fine by me. I really dont' want to play LA or Minny again in January. But whatever it takes I guess.

I hope you’re right on the first part but I don’t see Carolina losing to Seattle in Charlotte.

Not saying that from the viewpoint of Seattle being dominant at home as they seem to be losing that luster, more so that the Panthers are 5-0 at home. They’ve looked good there.

I hope you’re right on the first part but I don’t see Carolina losing to Seattle in Charlotte.

Not saying that from the viewpoint of Seattle being dominant at home as they seem to be losing that luster, more so that the Panthers are 5-0 at home. They’ve looked good there.

That post was hope/wish/opinion/gutfeeling... take it as that. I don't think I'll be putting $ on Seattle next week... but I'll dang sure be pulling for them. Even though THAT hurts my soul a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom