The Investment Thread (18 Viewers)

It's because they are all on airplanes instead of watching Netflix. :hihi:

Guidance was terrible and will probably keep tanking until the fall. I thought about grabbing some really cheap puts today expecting this but then got busy. Sucks because that would have been a monumental play. I honestly wasn't expecting it to drop that much but 10% was kind of what I had in mind. The report and guidance was even worse than I was expecting.
Yeah. Wondering if I should take what profit I can now and dump my shares.

AMC Weekly Chart, compared to the Parabolic Arc charting pattern.

6d6vyy.gif

Attachments

• parabolicarc042022.png
    parabolicarc042022.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 6
95D9C8F2-654F-4468-9C67-810FF86BFE5F.jpeg
Netflix is down 68% from its November highs. Crazy. Lots of stocks are down 50-69% since that time. But not nearly the weight of FAANG stock

95D9C8F2-654F-4468-9C67-810FF86BFE5F.jpeg
Netflix is down 68% from its November highs. Crazy. Lots of stocks are down 50-69% since that time. But not nearly the weight of FAANG stock
Yep. Taking my remaining profit today.

Whole market taking a dump today.

Who actually buys this "We are expected to lose 2 million more subscribers" Netflix narrative?

Whole market taking a dump today.

Who actually buys this "We are expected to lose 2 million more subscribers" Netflix narrative?
Netflix is trying to get ahead of the downfall.

Problem is netflix has increased pricing 250% in 24 months. They have very little valuable IP. They experienced a huge surge during covid and got customers they probably wouldn't have had otherwise. Competition is becoming fierce in the market and they lost a lot of content to that competition. On the movie side, they have gone with creating low budget movies with low budget actors and paying bar musicians to cover hit songs just enough to avoid having to license, etc, etc. It gives instant content but then fade to obscurity really quickly.

All the people that unplugged so they didn't have to pay $100/mo cable fees are now paying $20/mo to netflix, $65/mo to youtubetv, then have Disney, Amazon, HBO, Peacock, Discovery+, etc, etc, etc.

Netflix avoiding sports and live tv is going to really hurt them.

What we are likely to see is Netflix slowly expanding globally and then peaks and valleys in the USA/Europe. People are going to cancel and resubscribe a few times a year. Watch the content they want to watch then kill the subscription, rinse and repeat.

Whole market isn't taking a dump. The DOW, SP and small caps are all up. What is taking a dump is all the stocks with insane evaluations and stocks that benefitted from Covid restrictions.

Netflix is super intriguing. I’m not smart enough to figure out how they can boost sales or sentiment right now. But they already have a great built in opportunity.

They are “in” so many homes right now. I’m fully aware of password sharing issue. But without it I don’t think they would be in as many homes right now.

Sentiment right now is the lowest for Netflix since I can remember. But it wasn’t that long ago that they were among the hottest topics in entertainment. House of Cards, Tiger King. Chappell stand up.

A sports move would be great. If they could buy the Redzone channel. That would be something.

Netflix is trying to get ahead of the downfall.

Problem is netflix has increased pricing 250% in 24 months. They have very little valuable IP. They experienced a huge surge during covid and got customers they probably wouldn't have had otherwise. Competition is becoming fierce in the market and they lost a lot of content to that competition. On the movie side, they have gone with creating low budget movies with low budget actors and paying bar musicians to cover hit songs just enough to avoid having to license, etc, etc. It gives instant content but then fade to obscurity really quickly.

All the people that unplugged so they didn't have to pay $100/mo cable fees are now paying $20/mo to netflix, $65/mo to youtubetv, then have Disney, Amazon, HBO, Peacock, Discovery+, etc, etc, etc.

Netflix avoiding sports and live tv is going to really hurt them.

What we are likely to see is Netflix slowly expanding globally and then peaks and valleys in the USA/Europe. People are going to cancel and resubscribe a few times a year. Watch the content they want to watch then kill the subscription, rinse and repeat.

Whole market isn't taking a dump. The DOW, SP and small caps are all up. What is taking a dump is all the stocks with insane evaluations and stocks that benefitted from Covid restrictions.

Or it could simply be a market maker under duress needing to liquidate a large portion of their most heavy and profitable positions.

Of note - Netflix's largest stakeholder is The Citadel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom