The Mandalorian discussion thread (3 Viewers)

Not sure why some aren't liking this episode. I think it ended just perfect. The mandalorian side story is finished, Nevarro has a new protector, Din and Grogu now continue their bounty hunter escapades, PLUS Din mentioned Imperial remnants in the outer rim which is where I suspect a lot of Ahsoka is going to take place since it involves Thrawn. Mando may be making an appearance in Ahsoka or vice versa IMO.
I was thinking the same thing, Mando hunting Imps = Thrawn being involved with Mando appearing in Ahoska.

Here is my only nitpick of the episode…are Mando rocket packs really able to break free of a planet’s gravity? Axe flew all the way to the ship? Really?
My friend, this is why it's 'science fiction'... just enjoy the ride...
It's obvious Axe has access to JP-8 fuel while Mando can only get E98 when getting his fuel from Peli Motto...

Last edited:
Grogu sensing the Mythosaur (and the Mythosaur sensing him) was very interesting. The creature is obviously being singled out as important, and that raises at least two questions:
Is the Mythosaur force sensitive?
When will it appear to them, and why?
I feel like there's a non-zero chance that we eventually get to, 1) Grogu riding the mythosaur, and 2) this being just so inherently over-the-top that 'riding the mythosaur' becomes the new 'jumping the shark'. But I don't know, maybe they could actually pull that off.

Here is my only nitpick of the episode…are Mando rocket packs really able to break free of a planet’s gravity? Axe flew all the way to the ship? Really?
Yeeeeah... I think we just have to go with heapings of suspension of disbelief for that one. Especially since we saw mandalorian jetpacks having limited range just a few episodes back chasing that flying raptor thing. It might be possible to put an argument together about horizontal versus vertical atmospheric flight and escape velocities and the depth of Mandalore's atmosphere, but I think basically they run on plot fuel.

Yeeeeah... I think we just have to go with heapings of suspension of disbelief for that one. Especially since we saw mandalorian jetpacks having limited range just a few episodes back chasing that flying raptor thing. It might be possible to put an argument together about horizontal versus vertical atmospheric flight and escape velocities and the depth of Mandalore's atmosphere, but I think basically they run on plot fuel.
Yea they sure were running out of gas in those things pretty quick last time they used them :hihi:

Yeah I recommend people watch this with kids or at least with kids eyes
It’s really a lot of fun it you let go
If fanfic as soon as it’s debunked
I write plenty of fanfic (theorizing, et al), but it’s easy for me to toss them away when my kids are cheering Mando drops and aerial battles

Yep…one of my favorite moments ever watching television was when my youngest son and I, then 8, realized Luke Skywalker was appearing on screen. Never in my life had either of us cheered and high-fived like that behind a TV show.

I think the difference now is that the show seems to be teasing that it’s something bigger than just an action show, but the payoffs have been underwhelming.

More Jewish parallels that come to mind after watching the finale:
1. The Mandalorians return to Mandalore to discover the Imperials wearing Beskar armour = The Jews returning from the Babylonian exile to discover the Samaritans living in part of the Holy Land. According to the Hebrew Scriptures the people living in Samaria were a group of five different gentile nationalities placed there by the King of Assyria. However, the Samaritans claimed to be descendants of Joseph, and the rightful carriers of the Covenant since Joseph was the "most important" of Jacob's sons, so the Imperials wearing beskar and jet packs are analogous to that dynamic.
2. Relighting the Great Forge before the gathered Mandalorians = Ezra/Nehemiah rebuilding and dedicating the Temple. That's obvious enough.
3. Redoing the Creed ritual in the Living Waters for Paz Vizsla's son = the priests being baptized before putting on their priestly garments.
4. The two different main sects of Mandalorians = Ashkenazi and Sephardi sects of Judaism.

Not sure why some aren't liking this episode. I think it ended just perfect. The mandalorian side story is finished, Nevarro has a new protector, Din and Grogu now continue their bounty hunter escapades, PLUS Din mentioned Imperial remnants in the outer rim which is where I suspect a lot of Ahsoka is going to take place since it involves Thrawn. Mando may be making an appearance in Ahsoka or vice versa IMO.
There's a difference in liking an episode and being a little disappointed in it. John Favreau himself talked about how due to deadlines and time constraints they had to condense a 12 episode season into 8 episodes. They had to take out a lot and do things differently. He admits that this season was rushed. Now I don't have an issue with this season overall at all because I loved it. And I don't really have a problem with the finale. I was just expecting more. This was just sort of a paint by numbers, easy ending. No real danger or stakes. Like playing a video game on easy or beginner level.

But yeah, I'm excited about where they go from here. I can't wait to see the Mando and Grogu adventures. I'm anxious to see Grogu's story unfold because he's just getting started.

There's a difference in liking an episode and being a little disappointed in it. John Favreau himself talked about how due to deadlines and time constraints they had to condense a 12 episode season into 8 episodes. They had to take out a lot and do things differently. He admits that this season was rushed. Now I don't have an issue with this season overall at all because I loved it. And I don't really have a problem with the finale. I was just expecting more. This was just sort of a paint by numbers, easy ending. No real danger or stakes. Like playing a video game on easy or beginner level.

But yeah, I'm excited about where they go from here. I can't wait to see the Mando and Grogu adventures. I'm anxious to see Grogu's story unfold because he's just getting started.
yeah, the 'expecting more' thing is the hard nut
like if you have a good date, that's one thing - but if you're on that same date expecting that your partner is going to propose and they don't, you'd probably feel disappointed
and then if you have the type of friends who'd focus on the not proposing part, it would compound the disappointment
but if you had the type of friends who were like, 'did they indicate that they were going to propose or did you let your hope become expectation? you said it was a good date, so maybe focus on that'

IIRC, Axe had a line of dialogue indicating that his jetpack was equipped to handle the trip. Don't have time to re-watch the episode to confirm until this weekend.

I was holding out hope that we would see the return of Timothy Olyphant's Cobb Vanth from Boba's Bacta Tank and put on his Raylan Givens hat again.
36939348timothyolyphant-mandalorianblogroll-1589936951179.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom