The MCU Fantastic Four (1 Viewer)

He's not going to be in it, supposedly.
Not doing the big bad is a bold move

it can be done (Batman Begins not using Joker) but it’s a risk

i wasnt a huge FF fan but wasn’t Doom with them on the shuttle?

it would be doubly odd not to use him if that’s the case

Supposedly Marvel is very aware that Doom has been badly screwed up two previous times and has bigger plans for him than just a FF foil.

In the original origin, no. Maybe in the Ultimate Universe he was also on the shuttle. His origin is closely tied with Reed Richards but there's talk this won't be an origin story.

He's not going to be in it, supposedly.
Good. The former films completely screwed up Doom twice already. I'm hoping for Annihilus, personally, but there are a great number of excellent villains they could pick from the FF comics.

The Leader (already introduced way back in The Hulk), Super Skrull (I know used in Secret Invasion, but easily could come through one of the other extremists), Frightful Four, Galactus...

However, the most obvious that would follow where the MCU has been going is Kang. With the multiple Kangs and multiverse can already wide open, he seems the most obvious way to move them from the 60s into the "present" MCU.

No, Doom was not on the shuttle with them. That was in the insufferable first crack at a film version. Doom's origin had basically nothing to do with the FF's origin. He and Reed knew each other, but that was the only "tie" between them.

Good. The former films completely screwed up Doom twice already. I'm hoping for Annihilus, personally, but there are a great number of excellent villains they could pick from the FF comics.

The Leader (already introduced way back in The Hulk), Super Skrull (I know used in Secret Invasion, but easily could come through one of the other extremists), Frightful Four, Galactus...

However, the most obvious that would follow where the MCU has been going is Kang. With the multiple Kangs and multiverse can already wide open, he seems the most obvious way to move them from the 60s into the "present" MCU.
Well, with the Jonathan Majors fiasco still looming large, I'm curious if they just do a straight recast or they write Kang out of the picture. Personally, I think they should go ahead and recast. They're already knee deep in Kang lore and I think they should keep that intact and have someone else take on the role.

That said, for standalone FF shows or movies, they can and I think should dig up some of those old villains from the comics.

No, Doom was not on the shuttle with them. That was in the insufferable first crack at a film version. Doom's origin had basically nothing to do with the FF's origin. He and Reed knew each other, but that was the only "tie" between them.
Could have sworn I’d read it in the comics

Guess it was the movie I was thinking of

So behind on MCU

That said, for standalone FF shows or movies, they can and I think should dig up some of those old villains from the comics.
I agree!

24-1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom