The Memorial Day weekend auto-racing triple is back (Monaco, Indy 500, Coke 600) (2 Viewers)

As for this race, somewhat surprised Max is still stuck in 6th. Can't remember the last time neither Red Bull car made a podium appearance in a race. Ferrari and McLaren definitely gaining some ground lately.

As for this race, somewhat surprised Max is still stuck in 6th. Can't remember the last time neither Red Bull car made a podium appearance in a race. Ferrari and McLaren definitely gaining some ground lately.
P1-10 finished where they started...par for the course at Monaco these days. Sainz owe K-Mag a Thank You card!

P1-10 finished where they started...par for the course at Monaco these days. Sainz owe K-Mag a Thank You card!
Yeah, that's wild. And part of why I can't really get into F1. The actually races are far too often just playing follow the leader and 90% of the time that's Max. Monaco as a setting for a race is amazing from a visuals standpoint, but the product on the track is kinda meh because it's so hard to pass there.

I wonder what it would actually cost for people like us - non-famous people or people in F1 or European business - to go to the Monaco GP and fully, properly experience it.

I mean, a hotel in Monte Carlo, and some sort of dinner plans . . . like actually being there for the weekend. I think you can probably do it "on the cheap" for $15K a person, I have seen packages like that. But that might not even be the full weekend experience.

I think pretty spot on if include air fare.

15k per person is full VIP ( no walking the grid pre race tho) for 4 nights.

I bet watching Sat qualifying from a 37m Yacht is bougie AF. Lol.

Yeah, that plus travel...oof.

They have packages for much lower ...around 5k per person (no air fare) which still puts you in Monaco for 3 or 4 days. Get grandstand tix for Sat and Sun. I think just being there for all the pomp and circumstance all weekend is still a thrill.

So does Larsen skip Nascar? Looks like Indy 500 gonna be delayed quite a bit due to line of storms moving in within next hour.

So, Indy 500 on deck. Obviously pulling for Larson, but for him to catch the clearly faster Penske cars is gonna be a tall order.

I think Newgarden is gonna be the guy to beat. Certainly Power and Mclaughlin will be fighting for that top spot, but it's a long race and Newgarden has been there and done that.

Apparently the start is gonna be delayed, so that could mean Kyle won't be able to complete the double. Which would totally suck.

Radar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240526_105844_FOX 8 Wx.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_105844_FOX 8 Wx.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
So does Larsen skip Nascar? Looks like Indy 500 gonna be delayed quite a bit due to line of storms moving in within next hour.
Oh, Larson should be all in on Indy imo. You only get so many chances to run the 500 and he's got a great starting position.

Did we get an ETA on new start time yet?

They should have started the race so they could build up the conditions to create a local weather phenomena known as the "Daryll Waltrip Vortex"!

Larson should leave Indianapolis if it gets delayed to long. He has a chance to win a championship in NASCAR but no chance in Indy racing.

Larson should leave Indianapolis if it gets delayed to long. He has a chance to win a championship in NASCAR but no chance in Indy racing.
Couple of things, he leads in the Nascar playoff points by 30 points. Which is a huge margin. He could miss the race and likely would still be in the lead. Even if he didn't, he's already locked in the playoffs, he still has to win in Phoenix to win the Championship.

You only get so many chances to run an Indy 500. He's already qualified top 5 which is the highest ever for a rookie. He can afford to miss the 600. He already has a Nascar Championship anyway. I think he'll be fine if he can't make the 600.

They just said on NBC that he has to be on the helicopter by 4:15 EST to make it to the Nascar race in time. It is now 2:00 est and still likely an hour before they can start the 500. Yes, he has a good lead and is locked into the playoffs but that lead could rapidly get lost if he gets tied up in wrecks or his car breaks. You HAVE to protect that lead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom