The Memorial Day weekend auto-racing triple is back (Monaco, Indy 500, Coke 600) (1 Viewer)

From the weather report during the stage 2 break it looks like the weather that hit Indianapolis this morning will hit Charlotte very soon.

Caution for rain now.
Yeah, I'm hearing they'll continue the race after the weather passes.

Uncanny how Kyle Larson landed right when the caution was called for weather. Coincidence, but the reactions on Reddit are pretty funny.

So the Memorial Day weekend triple was pretty weak. The 500 was exciting for sure, but three hours late - and the other two were meh. I guess we knew Monaco wasnā€™t going to be that exciting on-track because itā€™s impossible to pass but finishing the way they started is still hard to take. And I think Nascar should have made us stay up until the track dried.

So the Memorial Day weekend triple was pretty weak. The 500 was exciting for sure, but three hours late - and the other two were meh. I guess we knew Monaco wasnā€™t going to be that exciting on-track because itā€™s impossible to pass but finishing the way they started is still hard to take. And I think Nascar should have made us stay up until the track dried.
Yeah, everyone pointing fingers at either Nascar or Fox for that mess. I'm hearing drivers/teams were being notified that the race was restarting in 15 minutes when. Inexplicably the race was called. Some are saying Fox forced the issue and others are saying it was Nascar's call. I was po'ed cuz I was waiting for the restart and all indications were that the race was gonna start.

Fox forcing the issue wouldn't surprise me, but regardless their TV coverage has been a dumpster fire this season. So glad they're done in 2 weeks. Fox sports quality has really deteriorated in recent years. Good riddance.

Yeah, everyone pointing fingers at either Nascar or Fox for that mess. I'm hearing drivers/teams were being notified that the race was restarting in 15 minutes when. Inexplicably the race was called. Some are saying Fox forced the issue and others are saying it was Nascar's call. I was po'ed cuz I was waiting for the restart and all indications were that the race was gonna start.

Fox forcing the issue wouldn't surprise me, but regardless their TV coverage has been a dumpster fire this season. So glad they're done in 2 weeks. Fox sports quality has really deteriorated in recent years. Good riddance.

I agree - the Fox broadcast leaves so much to be desired. They cover so little of the race.

Honestly, the best part of the weekend was Charles LeClerc riding his bike home at the end of the festivities after winning his first Monaco GP. šŸ˜

I agree - the Fox broadcast leaves so much to be desired. They cover so little of the race.

Honestly, the best part of the weekend was Charles LeClerc riding his bike home at the end of the festivities after winning his first Monaco GP. šŸ˜

Hah, that's awesome!

I agree. Fairly weak race day.

I agree. Fairly weak race day.
For what it was supposed to be, sure. I mean, any other day and the Indy500 alone would make it a great day. That was a fantastic race. The weather delays at both Indy and Charlotte were huge downers tho.

Hope the weather is better next year. I don't think F1 will get any better tho as Monaco is usually pretty boring because it's impossible to pass unless the trailing car is stupid fast. I mean, even Max started P6 and finished where he started. Crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom