The Memorial Day weekend auto-racing triple is back (Monaco, Indy 500, Coke 600) (1 Viewer)

They just said on NBC that he has to be on the helicopter by 4:15 EST to make it to the Nascar race in time. It is now 2:00 est and still likely an hour before they can start the 500. Yes, he has a good lead and is locked into the playoffs but that lead could rapidly get lost if he gets tied up in wrecks or his car breaks. You HAVE to protect that lead.
I guess we'll see. I mean, if it's me, I'm running the 500 first. Not an easy call tho.

Well, grearing up for start of the 500. Larson is strapped in and ready to go. If the 600 starts on time, Kyle will have to show up late and jump in the car, presumably during a caution. There's a slight chance of rain at the start, which some people are hoping for so Kyle can start and run the full 600. Not likely tho.

What could happen is Kyle gets there during the rain delay and get strapped in to continue and finish the race.

If Kyle arrives after the start, he won't get any points.

I watched some of the 2023 Indy 500 and that was an absolutely bonkers race. If we get anything close to that today, we'll be in for a treat.

Holy sheet, not even a lap in and a wreck already.

If you hit that Rumble strip on the inside corner, your day will be done.

The Indy 500 is just on another level racing. Every lap is intense lol.

Larson had a terrible couple of restarts but he seems to have found his stride now. He's back in the top 10.

Kyle should continue on his main quest unless he is in a position to win in
Indy.

"Confirming that discussions had occurred, a NASCAR spokesman said no decision had been made because the team needed to submit a request for a waiver to be granted. NASCAR rules stipulate that drivers must start all 26 regular-season races to be eligible for the playoffs."

Kyle should continue on his main quest unless he is in a position to win in
Indy.

"Confirming that discussions had occurred, a NASCAR spokesman said no decision had been made because the team needed to submit a request for a waiver to be granted. NASCAR rules stipulate that drivers must start all 26 regular-season races to be eligible for the playoffs."

He's gonna get a waiver if he can't make the race for whatever reason if the Indy race goes much longer.

And this Indy race, pit road is so never racking lol.

Someone is gonna get junked on pit road vefore the day is done.

He's gonna get a waiver if he can't make the race for whatever reason if the Indy race goes much longer.

And this Indy race, pit road is so never racking lol.

Someone is gonna get junked on pit road vefore the day is done.
I agree, it is likely a waiver will be granted.
Also, unless there is an extraordinary set of events, he doesn't have much of a chance to win at Indy though.

I agree, it is likely a waiver will be granted.
Also, unless there is an extraordinary set of events, he doesn't have much of a chance to win at Indy though.
Yeah, he doesn't have the pace to get to the front, but he's got his legs under him now and he's doing alright. Long way to go tho.

Yeah, he doesn't have the pace to get to the front, but he's got his legs under him now and he's doing alright. Long way to go tho.
I would say for Kyle, it should be about understanding this brand of racing to gain knowledge for a future more competitive foray.

Indy is entertaining as hell. What a finish.

And Larson actually led a few laps. That speeding penalty cost him a top 5 finish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom