The Timing for the Steelers Game Couldn't be Worse (1 Viewer)

First , I don't believe in "trap" games. If a team overlooks or looks past a
certain team on their schedule then this is a major mistake of the coaching
staff & players. This is not college ball. The term "on any given Sunday"
means exactly that. Smart coaches & players know that if you don't bring
your "A" game anybody in this league can & will beat you.

I personally am concerned with every team we play. I think we can beat
anyone one on "any given Sunday". I also realize we could also lose to anyone.

The Steelers are a very talented team, and have self destructed several
times this year. I have watched a couple of their games and if they eliminate
the turnovers they would not be 2-6.

With that said I believe we will win!!!!!!!!!!

I'm much happier Pittsburgh lost to Denver because if they had won, they'd still feel like they have a shot. At 3-5, they're on life support. 2-6 is death. 10-6 is a virtual guarantee for the playoffs, but there are SEVEN AFC teams at 5-3 or better. 4 teams are 6-2. There are currently TEN teams with better records than Pittsburgh, not including teams with identical records that beat them (Oakland). There is NO WAY they make January. There's just too many teams ahead of them for it to even be feasible. Yeah they won 8 in a row last year, but the Saints lost 13 last year and I was 21 last year. This ain't last year. They have done nothing to even make 8-0 remotely possible. They have played many tough teams, but whenthey went and lost to Oakland, that told me they were dead.

I think the 2002 season is still in the back of many saints fans minds (mine included, to be honest)

it's hard to go 7-2 and not make the playoffs but we managed to do it that year.

now, with that being said, i don't see that happening again.

we have a MUCH better coaching staff, a GREAT qb, and weapons all over the roster. As saints fans, its hard to enjoy success because some of us have subconsciously held our breath waiting for the preverbial "other shoe" to drop. It's not going to happen like that this year.

lets just enjoy. we're going to the playoffs, everyone.

I don't buy the "this is the worst situation we could be playing them in" rhetoric.

Heres the question. Would you rather play a Steelers team thats done and outa the playoffs only playing for pride, or would you rather face a Steelers team in the hunt playing to make the playoffs?

I think this is the best situation we could be in as far as playing them. They know they are done. Pride is not enough to win ballgames.

I don't buy the "this is the worst situation we could be playing them in" rhetoric.

Heres the question. Would you rather play a Steelers team thats done and outa the playoffs only playing for pride, or would you rather face a Steelers team in the hunt playing to make the playoffs?

I think this is the best situation we could be in as far as playing them. They know they are done. Pride is not enough to win ballgames.

Exactly. If the Steelers had beaten Denver, they would be 3-5 with an outside shot. At 2-6 it's basically impossible to no only go undefeated but jump 10 other teams in the standings because some of them will win games. Maybe if the Steelers went 8-0 and everyone else went 2-6, then yeah but that isn't possible. It is out of Pittsburgh's hands right now and the odds of several above-.500 teams suddenly tanking while a sub-.500 Pittsburgh soars is dreaming of the highest order.

It's okay, Saints fans. Don't fret about this game. We have a REAL team now!

I just hope Big Ben has another bad day.....if not it will be tuff to get a w in
Pit...
If the Saints come out firing and hold the momentum they win; they have to
be rambunctious against a team that is down.

This game will be decided by turnovers, mark my word. The Steelers have played well every game on defense and offense. Big Ben's costly turnovers have been the difference in every loss. We will have to roll with them and hope for some turnovers. The problem is we don't get many interceptions.If we don't we could be in trouble.

I thought we were in trouble last week, and after the first two scores, I promised not to ever doubt this team again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom