They think Terry Fontenot is a Mole for the Saints (Quote from their Message Board) (4 Viewers)

Seriously though, what was he expected to do with the Ryan bonus deadline coming. Without a stalking horse for Ryan, why would the Colts give more than a 3rd?

Well if he’s a mole our mole jumped into the Watson thing just in time to mess up our deal with him.
I have nothing concrete to back this up. Just female intuition. I believe Deshaun will be an albatross for Cleveland. He would’ve been for us, too. Not to re-litigate the topic, but I just feel like more is coming down the pike with him. I don’t think he stops pursuing ”therapists” in his free time. I may be in the minority and I don’t care. I am relieved not to hold my breath waiting for the other shoe to drop over all the comes with him.

Jameis’s deal affords us the space to still seek THE GUY, if these next two years don’t prove to be productive. We can move on from him (and he from us) without any huge hit to our books. I am ecstatic. We have draft picks, a QB1 on a decent deal and money to plug some holes.

It hasn’t been a sexy off-season, but I’m fine with that, as long as we enter the ‘22 season with personnel issues addressed.

I have nothing concrete to back this up. Just female intuition. I believe Deshaun will be an albatross for Cleveland. He would’ve been for us, too. Not to re-litigate the topic, but I just feel like more is coming down the pike with him. I don’t think he stops pursuing ”therapists” in his free time. I may be in the minority and I don’t care. I am relieved not to hold my breath waiting for the other shoe to drop over all the comes with him.

Jameis’s deal affords us the space to still seek THE GUY, if these next two years don’t prove to be productive. We can move on from him (and he from us) without any huge hit to our books. I am ecstatic. We have draft picks, a QB1 on a decent deal and money to plug some holes.

It hasn’t been a sexy off-season, but I’m fine with that, as long as we enter the ‘22 season with personnel issues addressed.
I agree. I'm so glad we dodged a bullet and didn't get Watson. But I'm still very disappointed that we even tried to get the pervert. All the talk about character and leadership.....blah, blah, blah, it obviously doesn't mean squat if you try to sign some sicko loser like Watson. Winning football games is great and all, but we shouldn't have to sell our soul to do it.

I agree. I'm so glad we dodged a bullet and didn't get Watson. But I'm still very disappointed that we even tried to get the pervert. All the talk about character and leadership.....blah, blah, blah, it obviously doesn't mean squat if you try to sign some sicko loser like Watson. Winning football games is great and all, but we shouldn't have to sell our soul to do it.
What a disgusting take. It's fine if you don't like him or don't want him in NO, but at least try to be objective about it.

I don't know if you're in that 'we didn't get him, so he's a sick pervert" crowd or not, but he's allegedly a pervert. Allegedly a 'sicko loser'. He never did anything to you, nor do you know anyone he did it to, nor were you the room when these acts supposedly took place. Then a jury wasn't able to find any evidence in those supposed criminal acts. You're claiming a man as guilty with no evidence. That isn't how the law works. Innocent until proven guilty. Until it's proven otherwise, his character and leadership traits hold true. You can't blame a nearly Superbowl/deep playoff-caliber football team for going after an elite QB that was found innocent by a jury looking for any reason to lock him up.

If you look at it, Atlanta had the worst week out of the three teams going for Watson.
Cleveland has their QB of the future (barring anything legal)
New Orleans has Winston.
Atlanta lost BOTH Watson and Ryan within days.

Falcons Message Board is hilarious.

One comment:

"That said, Mariota did nothing to deserve the hate that is about to rain down on him. Oh my word. Can you imagine his first pick in MBS? His only out will be if the 15 fans in attendance are off sampling craft beer or something."

And that isn't a bad thing...he saved us from really screwing the pooch

If you want to win a super bowl, that’s the kind of QB you need. Now we have to hope we find one in the draft.

What a disgusting take. It's fine if you don't like him or don't want him in NO, but at least try to be objective about it.

I don't know if you're in that 'we didn't get him, so he's a sick pervert" crowd or not, but he's allegedly a pervert. Allegedly a 'sicko loser'. He never did anything to you, nor do you know anyone he did it to, nor were you the room when these acts supposedly took place. Then a jury wasn't able to find any evidence in those supposed criminal acts. You're claiming a man as guilty with no evidence. That isn't how the law works. Innocent until proven guilty. Until it's proven otherwise, his character and leadership traits hold true. You can't blame a nearly Superbowl/deep playoff-caliber football team for going after an elite QB that was found innocent by a jury looking for any reason to lock him up.
Not to start this discussion up again, but the only thing up for grabs in court is whether Watson is a criminal creep. What his camp admits to is more than enough to classify him as a pervert with terrible decision-making skills. Even admitting the unlikely event that those 22 women are somehow in cabal against him and are all lying, what he admits to doing is incredibly sketchy (flying around the country setting up massages with no sheet on Instagram). He also defends he's done nothing wrong, so my guess is you haven't seen the end of it.

I remember when they gave Matt Ryan that contract, just thought that was a dumb decision. Matt Ryan is not a a good QB. He has an arm but his decision making and leadership is very poor.

Fontenot inherited four very bad contracts - Ryan, Julio, Jarrett and Deon Jones. He's smartly taking his medicine to get some working room. After that, we'll see how good he is at building a team.

Exactly, they have a projected $130 mil in cap space for 2023. Matt Ryan was not the future. The hardest part will be finding their franchise QB.

Fontenot inherited four very bad contracts - Ryan, Julio, Jarrett and Deon Jones. He's smartly taking his medicine to get some working room. After that, we'll see how good he is at building a team.
I agree 100%. Of course fans aren't going to like it but it's smart. I'd rather my GM stand tall before the man and take it on the chin for a year or two then try to restructure these awful deals to keep old players. The window is closed. They came to terms with that and have made moves accordingly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom