This could be Alvin's last year as a Saint and it would be a massive mistake by Allen (3 Viewers)

Would hate to lose him, but a multi year contract with lots of guaranteed money would be a bigger mistake in my opinion
💯 million times this.
In the camps of DA or AK I’d be in with AK, but it is a fact that he’s fast approaching the end for running backs. Period point blank.

He also hasn’t been special in a while (which surely has much to do with the scheme and lack of o line talent, I’ll admit that).

I’m hopeful that Alvin does move on if the Saints don’t extend him with crazy money and years. It’s been proven time and time again that you can get great production from even UDFA or late round pick RB’s. It’s the one position I’d rather cut ties early than late with.

I think the Broncos will sign him next year. I really like Kamara and believe he's the kind of player you keep on your team no matter what. He makes everyone around him better and is super professional. He's also just a really fun and cool guy to be around and excellent rep of the New Orleans Saints!

There might not be a more conditioned 30 year old athlete in the world than Alvin. Everything you typed is correct. But I won't be surprised if he has a few good years left.

Nor would I... but he'd be the exception... Not the rule... which makes it a really bad bet. They have to pass or it's likely to burn them badly... It is what it is.

Last edited:
Well if AK wants that extraordinary contract he better get a 1k year with TD value.

Cause he's not the first 3 years Kamara anymore.
lol right? He’s never had 1K yards rushing. Not even back when he was extremely explosive.

Last year, when the storm was brewing around Carmichael's playcalling, Allen mostly refrained from throwing Carmichael under the bus. There were a ton of rumblings coming from players during media interviews, but no one was more outspoken or as honest as Alvin. It wasn't nearly as bad as Michael Thomas, but Alvin didn't handle it like some of the other players. It was in that moment that I realized he didn't fit Allens new culture and I feel like the guys Allen is for, got their contracts adjusted already. I feel like Alvin hasn't been signed because Allen isn't pushing for this to be something that gets done and pronto.

I could be wrong but I sense that Alvin is a remnant from Payton's previous culture that Allen would like to move on from. It also explains why Allen is so frustrated with Kendre, because Kendre is Allen's excuse to move on in a year.

I don’t know… could be. But I kind of have the feeling the FO want to see if it was the Pete Offense that has created a decline in Kamara’s production, or if it is Kamara hitting that age wall.

My take on it is there is apprehension to get any deal done until they see how he does within this offenseive scheme going forward because I believe I read they could move on after this season and save something like 25 million against the cap.

Maybe they both are waiting to see.

Kamara seems okay with going forward this year, so it could work out really well if he has an incredible uptick, which I expect to see, especially with Taysom blocking and the way our run scheme has changed.

I think this whole situation reads as a wait and see type thing for moving forward.

Last edited:
So are we tightening our belts due to the Jordan deal or does he not fit DA's culture? Is it both?

I don’t think it’s belt tightening. I think it’s realizing we can’t keep paying guys at the end of their career like we did with Cam last year.

The guy we should be looking at signing first is probably Chase Young. He’s 25 years old and everything I’ve heard is he’s been the best defensive player in camp. If he comes out smoking we need to try to get something done.

Well that's the culture we gotta get rid of. Can't have nobody that's used to success in here...we're on some other type stuff right now
Totally get your point and I’ve never white knighted for DA…..having said that I think it would be the absolute right decision to not overpay a RB who’s at the age where 99.9% of them have historically fallen off the cliff. Especially when we aren’t a special running back away.
The only real mistake here is giving AK multiple more years still paying him as the 2nd best back in the league when statistically he no longer ranks in the top 12-15. Hopefully they can come to terms after the season and he finishes his career a Saint. But, if he is looking to get the same type of contract he has had recently then you have to let him go.
This times a million.

I don’t know… could be. But I kind of have the feeling the FO want to see if it was the Pete Offense that has created a decline in Kamara’s production, or if it is Kamara hitting that age wall.

My take on it is there is apprehension to get any deal done until they see how he does within this offenseive scheme going forward because I believe I read they could move on after this season and save something like 25 million against the cap.

Maybe they both are waiting to see.

Kamara seems okay with going forward this year, so it could work out really well if he has an incredible uptick, which I expect to see, especially with Tyson blocking and the way our run scheme has changed.

I think this whole situation reads as a wait and see type thing for moving forward.
You think he will play if they don’t strike a deal? I feel like he may continue to experience back tightness for much of the season if they don’t agree on a deal.

Hope to be wrong.

You think he will play if they don’t strike a deal? I feel like he may continue to experience back tightness for much of the season if they don’t agree on a deal.

Hope to be wrong.
The feeling I got from him when I read his last comments on it, was that he was going to play this season. I sure hope that back tightness doesn’t come around as we need him and I need him in fantasy big time! lol

I don’t think it’s belt tightening. I think it’s realizing we can’t keep paying guys at the end of their career like we did with Cam last year.

The guy we should be looking at signing first is probably Chase Young. He’s 25 years old and everything I’ve heard is he’s been the best defensive player in camp. If he comes out smoking we need to try to get something done.

That certainly could be the case. It kind of seems like it worked out with Demario so they assumed it would work with Cam. Maybe they don't want to repeat that mistake because Demario is by far the exception at LB and Kamara would have to be the serious outlier at RB. To the extent that RBs can play past 30, it's usually the guys that do it with power like Peterson, not so much the quick and agile guys like Kamara.

Last year, when the storm was brewing around Carmichael's playcalling, Allen mostly refrained from throwing Carmichael under the bus. There were a ton of rumblings coming from players during media interviews, but no one was more outspoken or as honest as Alvin. It wasn't nearly as bad as Michael Thomas, but Alvin didn't handle it like some of the other players. It was in that moment that I realized he didn't fit Allens new culture and I feel like the guys Allen is for, got their contracts adjusted already. I feel like Alvin hasn't been signed because Allen isn't pushing for this to be something that gets done and pronto.

I could be wrong but I sense that Alvin is a remnant from Payton's previous culture that Allen would like to move on from. It also explains why Allen is so frustrated with Kendre, because Kendre is Allen's excuse to move on in a year.
Respectfully disagree whole heartedly Ellias. Think that is exactly the right move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom