This could be Alvin's last year as a Saint and it would be a massive mistake by Allen (6 Viewers)

I'm afraid I have to disagree; Kamara is a 30-year-old running back. He will want a 3 or 4-year deal and a high salary. I love the guy, but feelings can't get in the way of business.

I mean... there is a realistic scenario where Dennis Allen did crack a window at the Wuhan Lab and release a deadly pandemic upon the world... No one is denying that totally plausible possibility... But blaming him for unrest middle east is a smidge over the top...

I never would have pegged you as a DA apologist, but here we are. :jpshakehead:

Any opinion for resigning Kamara without $$$ listed or consideration of future cap is a nice fan take.

AK is going to play out his contract because he is getting 15.5M this year and any new contract will ask him to cut his pay. Derrick Henry 30yo is playing for 8M/yr for 2yr with 9M guaranteed so a 1yr deal. Pollard 26yo is playing for 7.5M/yr for 3yr but only 10.5M is guaranteed so it's a 2yr deal at 7.5M. RB contracts are 2yr deals league-wide now once your break 27yo.

Offer AK 8.5M/yr 2yrs ('25 and '26) with 14M guaranteed but a 3M salary pay cut this year or move on. This is a Henry's deal with 2M more guaranteed but at Pollard's cost with cap relief today. Kamara gets bigger guaranteed money tomorrow and better likelyhood of playing in '26. If he blows out a knee, then someone will offer him 1yr 4-5M deal.

Last edited:
I have two keepers in my league, got stroud and AK I was on the fence between him and kittle, but I believe in this new offensive scheme in a big way. And I ended up drafting kittle again anyways lol. Oh and a guy named Hill for that flex spot
Yeah I got TH7 at the TE and I kept Shaheed (along with AK41) bc he only costed me an 8th rd pick (this league gives return yards as well).

lol right? He’s never had 1K yards rushing. Not even back when he was extremely explosive.

That's also because he had all-purpose yards including receptions. Look at the total picture if you're going to fairly evaluate him

I would like him to remain but certainly not "no matter what." I would not pay him the amount remaining on the last year or anything close to that number. I would certainly pay him market value though, whatever that is.

That's where I think the disconnect is. Kamara has said he's not looking to break the bank. But we don't know what that is. I have a feeling he wants 10+mil/year and 2-3 years. I think his value is more in the $7-8mil range.

I think he's very similar to Aaron Jones right now in both age and production. Jones just signed 1 year, 7mil with the Vikings. Derrick Henry is still playing at a high level and led the league in rushing just two years ago and he got 8mil/year for two years. I don't see any reason he should get more than those guys. This feels very similar to a Mark Ingram situation.

I remember someone saying that Schelareth used to urinate on himself during games, while playing. Wonder if that became habit forming to where he still does it, while broadcasting a game, in a suit?🤔
Habits are hard to break
Just need R Kelly and we will have all the bases covered. Habits are indeed hard to break. I was platoon leader in basic and had less than one minute to eat in the mess hall….I still eat that way 30 years later. Lol
That's also because he had all-purpose yards including receptions. Look at the total picture if you're going to judge him
I’m an AK fan, always have been, was ecstatic when the team drafted him. Just stated a fact, not judging him, nor have I ever judged him.

I’m aware he’s been a great all purpose back. He’s about to hit the proverbial wall at a position that can be filled with late round or UDFA’s. It’s proven, factual.

So are we tightening our belts due to the Jordan deal or does he not fit DA's culture? Is it both?
The response for Jordan wasn't meant to be tied in, just a separate opinon about "contract mistakes". I do think were tightening our belts, but I think there would be money to move around if it wasn't tied up in a now obvious bad contract extention for Jordan, but I concur w/ others it's 90% age and shelf life of RB's.

The Alvin situation is totally flexible for a simple reason -- if Kubiak succeeds, and he proves he is the indispensable lynchpin to the Kubiak offense, and Alvin is thriving ... he's not going anywhere. He puts up 1400 total yards and he's here like Cam Jordan for another few years.

If the offense doesn't work or Alvin isn't a star in it, he's gone.

I’m an AK fan, always have been, was ecstatic when the team drafted him. Just stated a fact, not judging him, nor have I ever judged him.

I’m aware he’s been a great all purpose back. He’s about to hit the proverbial wall at a position that can be filled with late round or UDFA’s. It’s proven, factual.

Fair point. I edited my post to "fairly evaluate" instead of judge.

Fair point. I edited my post to "fairly evaluate" instead of judge.
Thank you. Sorry if I came across poorly myself. To be clear I hope he retires a Saint, am and always have been a huge fan, just hope they don’t extend and break the bank that’s all.

The list of mistakes Loomis and Allen have made post Payton are a mile long.

Going after Watson
Benching Jaemis for Dalton
Extending Davis, Jordan, Ruiz, who am I missing? I know there's more.
Signing Carr
Extending Carr
Penning
Miller
Foskey
The punting situation
The kicker situation

Now do a list of what they've gotten right...

Better for him to depart a year early than a few years late. If you're more a fan of the team than of individual players, that is the mindset to have. It would be even better to have a tradable contract in that last year so the team could recoup a pick or a younger player for a declining star. It's how the Patriots were great for a decade and a half.

The Alvin situation is totally flexible for a simple reason -- if Kubiak succeeds, and he proves he is the indispensable lynchpin to the Kubiak offense, and Alvin is thriving ... he's not going anywhere. He puts up 1400 total yards and he's here like Cam Jordan for another few years.

If the offense doesn't work or Alvin isn't a star in it, he's gone.

I agree. And I think it makes the situation with the entire year fluid. If Karma doesn't produce, the offense doesn't work. And, if the offense doesn't work, unless DA gets incredibly lucky, DA and the rest of the staff won't be here next year. That likely would mean a soft reboot with Kamara, Jordan, likely Lattimore, and others gone.

The list of mistakes Loomis and Allen have made post Payton are a mile long.

Going after Watson
Benching Jaemis for Dalton
Extending Davis, Jordan, Ruiz, who am I missing? I know there's more.
Signing Carr
Extending Carr
Penning
Miller
Foskey
The punting situation
The kicker situation

Now do a list of what they've gotten right...

I'll give you most of those, but once you singed Carr to the deal, you had to rework it to get under the cap. They shouldn't have made the deal, but they had not choice but to re-work it. And I don't think signing Demario or Ruiz was a mistake. Demario is the 2nd best player on the team behind Lattimore and Ruiz is a solid Guard at a reasonable contract. Imagine where the OL would be without him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom