This could be Alvin's last year as a Saint and it would be a massive mistake by Allen (1 Viewer)

You think he will play if they don’t strike a deal? I feel like he may continue to experience back tightness for much of the season if they don’t agree on a deal.

Hope to be wrong.

Underhill had an article about AK today where it sounded like AK was okay with playing this year and then seeing where it goes with his contract after this year. Of course, that position could change.

The feeling I got from him when I read his last comments on it, was that he was going to play this season. I sure hope that back tightness doesn’t come around as we need him and I need him in fantasy big time! lol
Haven’t read that, I’m glad to hear that and hope you’re right.

Just read it…..lol. Glad we don’t play outside and that fall is coming.

From the article:
“I was at walkthrough and I was like, it’s hot as f and I’m doing a contract,” Kamara said. “I’m going to get the f out of here.”

Last edited:
I blame unrest in the Middle East on DA. Covid too.

So let’s see. We’re blaming Allen for something that hasn’t happened and something we don’t know all of the details and nuances of. But if it happens, must be him.

I think DA gave AK a huge present this offseason with the addition of KK. As far as determining how much to pay an older RB, and for how many years, that’s a Loomis issue.

Last edited:
Underhill had an article with AK today where it sounded like AK was okay with playing this year and then seeing where it goes with his contract after this year. Of course, that position could change.
Haven’t watched that yet, thank y’all for the clarification. I’m happy about that. Not that it matters at all. lol

I think he's under contract for next season. His cap hit is $29 million and a dead cap of $10mil in 2025. The Saints have finagled his contract but now they are having to pay it to finish it out. I would like to see him retire with the Saints. Let's hope he wants to also.
There is no chance he will play out the contract as written. They will I agree on a new one at a much reduced cap hit going forward or he will be released for the $19M in cap savings.

The feeling I got from him when I read his last comments on it, was that he was going to play this season. I sure hope that back tightness doesn’t come around as we need him and I need him in fantasy big time! lol
Same here in my keeper league. Dang commissioner changed settings to allow owners to keep more than 1 player at a position, so naturally every owner was going to keep their RBs. So I kept AK41. Hope he balls out this year

I think the Broncos will sign him next year. I really like Kamara and believe he's the kind of player you keep on your team no matter what. He makes everyone around him better and is super professional. He's also just a really fun and cool guy to be around and excellent rep of the New Orleans Saints!
I would like him to remain but certainly not "no matter what." I would not pay him the amount remaining on the last year or anything close to that number. I would certainly pay him market value though, whatever that is.

Underhill had an article about AK today where it sounded like AK was okay with playing this year and then seeing where it goes with his contract after this year. Of course, that position could change.
He might also come out of the gate with a vengeance and drive some value. I hope he does and that he does it the full season. I can also see him tearing up the NFL for a month to show what he has in the tank, and then get back soreness.

That's the spirit.

I mean... there is a realistic scenario where Dennis Allen did crack a window at the Wuhan Lab and release a deadly pandemic upon the world... No one is denying that totally plausible possibility... But blaming him for unrest middle east is a smidge over the top...

You’re right, he’s not the AK41 from his first 3 years. He may even be a better version of that?!?! Wouldn’t know if he isn’t in a system that allows him to be. If CMC could have his best season just last year, then there is a way AK41 could do the same.
Part of me thinks this could be the reality. First 3 years Kamara was with Drew Brees and competing for a super bowl. Last 3 years has been with a QB carousel and failing to even make playoffs.

A 2nd year with the same QB brings stability and the addition of Kubiak brings an offense that should work better for him and get him in the right situations to succeed.
We all know players make business decisions about how they play. I think its possible Kamara held back in recent seasons because laying it all on the line for a team that clearly isn't competing for a title might not be worth it.

Same here in my keeper league. Dang commissioner changed settings to allow owners to keep more than 1 player at a position, so naturally every owner was going to keep their RBs. So I kept AK41. Hope he balls out this year
I have two keepers in my league, got stroud and AK I was on the fence between him and kittle, but I believe in this new offensive scheme in a big way. And I ended up drafting kittle again anyways lol. Oh and a guy named Hill for that flex spot

Part of me thinks this could be the reality. First 3 years Kamara was with Drew Brees and competing for a super bowl. Last 3 years has been with a QB carousel and failing to even make playoffs.

A 2nd year with the same QB brings stability and the addition of Kubiak brings an offense that should work better for him and get him in the right situations to succeed.
We all know players make business decisions about how they play. I think its possible Kamara held back in recent seasons because laying it all on the line for a team that clearly isn't competing for a title might not be worth it.
If he was "holding back" back the last couple seasons because he thinks the wasn't competing then he doesn't belong in the NFL!

I mean... there is a realistic scenario where Dennis Allen did crack a window at the Wuhan Lab and release a deadly pandemic upon the world... No one is denying that totally plausible possibility... But blaming him for unrest middle east is a smidge over the top...

He would have apologized for it by now saying that's not who he is or what it is about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom