Titanic submersible es morte (2 Viewers)

Lost in all the titanic drama was the suffering endured by the Mexican population after the Titanic was lost.

You see, originally Hellman’s mayonnaise was made in England and there were 12,000 cases bound for Vera Cruz, Mexico. The Mexican folks were greatly anticipating this shipment and were crestfallen to learn their shipment of mayonnaise was at the bottom of the Atlantic. They immortalized their grief in a new holiday—-Sinko de Mayo

Right. Off with me then.

it's true.

Lost in all the titanic drama was the suffering endured by the Mexican population after the Titanic was lost.

You see, originally Hellman’s mayonnaise was made in England and there were 12,000 cases bound for Vera Cruz, Mexico. The Mexican folks were greatly anticipating this shipment and were crestfallen to learn their shipment of mayonnaise was at the bottom of the Atlantic. They immortalized their grief in a new holiday—-Sinko de Mayo

Right. Off with me then.
Exactly where mayo belongs

You know what would have been smart? Design a small capsule containing 15,000 ft of line attached to a pressure-capable epirb device that is designed to float to the surface. Attach that capsule to the hull. The capsule would be made of some kind of material that immediately begins dissolving when it gets wet and has a total dissolve time of however long their trip was supposed to be, or maybe a couple hours more. Then, theoretically, once 5 hours have elapsed, the capsule is now fully dissolved and it releases the epirb, which ascends towards the surface. Even if it doesn't make it to the surface, the hope would be that it would be close enough to the surface where it's signal would be detectable. That would at least give them a general idea of where the craft is located, and it would avoid any manual or mechanical intervention for the device to deploy.

It is obvious from the interviews, though, that the people behind this venture either had not the inclination nor the intellect to incorporate such safety features.

Right. Off with me then.
I forgive you :hihi:

Speaking of ships carrying food and sinking on their way to MX: edam cheese is very popular here in the Yucatán Peninsula, so much that it has been incorporated in traditional cuisine. We call it "queso de bola" (cheese ball) because it is sold in the shape of a ball. The lore says that a Dutch ship carrying the cheese was sunk off the coast of Campeche (which was a pirate hub just off the Caribbean) in the late 1800's, and the cheese floated onto the coast of Yucatán, where people picked them up, and acquired a taste for it.

I forgive you :hihi:

Speaking of ships carrying food and sinking on their way to MX: edam cheese is very popular here in the Yucatán Peninsula, so much that it has been incorporated in traditional cuisine. We call it "queso de bola" (cheese ball) because it is sold in the shape of a ball. The lore says that a Dutch ship carrying the cheese was sunk off the coast of Campeche (which was a pirate hub just off the Caribbean) in the late 1800's, and the cheese floated onto the coast of Yucatán, where people picked them up, and acquired a taste for it.
How is it traditionally prepared/consumed there? I once worked with a guy from the Philippines who told me it was part of his family's Christmas tradition. IIRC, he said they ate it as-is and also with some meats like ham.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom