Ty Montgomery Defies Coaches Orders, Costs Packers The Rams Game (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
So, apparently he was upset about being pulled from a play and not getting the ball enough. And even after being told to take a knee on what amounted to the final kickoff of that game, was heard telling teammates,"Imma do me!"

He SHOULD be cut. LOL. If I was a Packers fan or player, I'd be PO'D!! This affects the Saints as it relates to possible seeding. If we met next week both having only 1 loss, we would have a direct leg up if we handed their second loss while only having 1.

Could the Packers suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team? If they cut him, they potentially just provide a new weapon for an opponent.

Could the Packers suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team? If they cut him, they potentially just provide a new weapon for an opponent.

Rodgers really likes Montgomery. The Packers are an elite managed franchise. There will be a punishment, but I doubt they dump him. Maybe suspend him for a game then sit him for a couple.

It happens ...players will ad lib even if the coach gives direct instructions.

They may have to cut him to save the locker room. If Rodgers and coaches are pissed he likely has a short leash.

Bum Phillips once said there were two types of players he doesn't want to coach:
1. Players that dont do anything he tells them to do
2. Players that only do what he tells them to do.

Look, it's not like Rodgers was facing the 2012 Saints defense, so while it sucks that he didnt get a chance to try and win the game, its ridiculous to assume that without the fumble, GB was going to win the game.

Maybe they should put him in a State Farm commercial with Rodgers.

Here is my draft script:

Rodgers is driving an Ty is in the passenger seat of his SUV.

Rodgers comes up to a red light and stops.

Ty: "What are you waiting for man, lets go."

Rodgers: "We are at a red light, that means we have to stop, driving safely saves money."

Ty: "Who cares? Nobody is telling me what to do. You do you. Lets run it."

Rodgers: "I'd rather wait for a green light and do the discount double check."

Voiceover: "State Farm. Where safe drivers save. Do the discount double check and drive safe like Aaron Rodgers."

Last edited:
It was incredibly dumb to return that. Made way worse by disobeying orders.

If he's a good enough player to avoid being cut for that then good for him, but even if he hadn't fumbled he had still burned their ability to run a play before the two minute warning.

Bum Phillips once said there were two types of players he doesn't want to coach:

Look, it's not like Rodgers was facing the 2012 Saints defense, so while it sucks that he didnt get a chance to try and win the game, its ridiculous to assume that without the fumble, GB was going to win the game.
Watching that game yesterday, I had no doubt that Rodgers would take GB down the field and into FG range. Rodgers had carved up that secondary all day. There was nothing to make anyone think he wouldn't do it again.

That's easy for you to say. It was almost too emotionally charged to watch the Sunday Night crew's review of that game as Collinsworth and Michaels were so distraught they were practically crying in their Cheerios over Rodgers not getting his shot at 4th quarter glory after that kick return debacle.
At least have a little empathy for those two Aaron fans.

:hihi:

What if the packers miss the playoffs by one game? Miss winning the division by one game. I’d trade him before tomorrow.

There were three possible outcomes from him taking the ball out in that position:

1. A big return (including a TD, or anything over 25 yards).
2. A short return (anything under 25 yards).
3. A fumble.

2 out of the 3 outcomes were not good. It was incredibly stupid and selfish for him to do it and it directly effectively removed any chance they had to win the game. It was just a selfish play, and it cost them. I am sure the locker room is NOT happy with this, and they shouldn't be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom