UEFA Champions League (2 Viewers)

Whistle clearly blown before the goal but that wasn’t off

HOLY COW

Bayern robbed on a terrible offside call- however this game should have never been 12 min stoppage time.

I got in the car at the beginning of second half and the I realized if everything went right I might could catch pks if it went that long
And while I was initially looking for an all Germany final, the thought of Harry Kane losing another pk by skying the shot 20’ over goal, was too delicious
The gods even let me dream it was possible
But alas

Huh?
I missed that completely
There are about 4 zones where satellite drops completely, but my commentators weren’t talking about it much at all
Oh it was as egregious as the "no call". BAYERN player was clearly onside but flag went up almost immediately.Whereas they have been trained to let the play/offensive movement play out. But to compound matters, the ref blew whistle as soon as flag raised, so RM defenders stopped while De Licht hit shot into net.

Bayern was totally robbed.

With that said, there was no reason to tack on 12 additional minutes. Original was 9. Then ref added 3 more and it actually went to 15.

I still need to watch the game but that does look like a terrible offside call. When I saw the box score, I was curious about the +15 min of extra time. Even WC22 matches weren’t seeing that much.

I think from his angle the AR could only see two Bayern bodies that were both blocking Rudiger’s arm, which made them look like they were offside. So he threw his flag up. It was a long pass towards attackers in the box versus a through ball / breakaway that they usually let play out. From his angle, there was no reason not to call offside I think.

Also, after watching, I’m still not sure why there was +9 min of time let alone nearly 15

I think from his angle the AR could only see two Bayern bodies that were both blocking Rudiger’s arm, which made them look like they were offside. So he threw his flag up. It was a long pass towards attackers in the box versus a through ball / breakaway that they usually let play out. From his angle, there was no reason not to call offside I think.

But he got it wrong - clearly it was close enough that he should have deferred. At that point in that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom