Ukraine (23 Viewers)

I'm actually curious about this. Since they're both in NATO, I think they would have to respond if Russia actually breaches their maritime borders. And I mean military. Any Russian war craft should be immediately confronted and turned away, and if they refuse, then sink em.
That wouldn't be a very hard thing to do.

It would be a very sudden wet wake up thing for the Russians.

I'm actually curious about this. Since they're both in NATO, I think they would have to respond if Russia actually breaches their maritime borders. And I mean military. Any Russian war craft should be immediately confronted and turned away, and if they refuse, then sink em.
I can see some freedom of navigation incidents happening. Maybe we should send a couple Aegis Destroyers to the area for an exercise.

I noticed this and thought that sure would be something if that author had given some source information along with his .... .

I don't know what it is. That's the issue, I don't know what it is.

Trash.

I noticed this and thought that sure would be something if that author had given some source information along with his .... .

I don't know what it is. That's the issue, I don't know what it is.

Trash.

Not certain this site, but they do reference a speech.

Not certain this site, but they do reference a speech.
I read it, it unraveled of its own weight when examined closely. It says

"Russia launched a Soyuz-2.1b rocket from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome in northern Russia May 16. Its primary payload was a satellite designated Cosmos 2576. The Russian government did not disclose details about the satellite or its mission."

This is the rocket. A heavy lifter intended for insertions of heavy communication satellites in a fast, high, geosynchronous orbit.

Soyuz-2.1b[edit]​

The 2.1b version adds an upgraded engine (RD-0124) which greatly increases the specific impulse of the upper stage (326 seconds to 359 seconds), and hence improves payload capability from 7 tonnes to 8.2 tonnes. First launch took place from Plesetsk Cosmodrome Site 43 on 26 July 2008 with a classified military payload.[15] The 2.1b/ST version is sometimes called Soyuz ST-B. The first launch, from Centre Spatial Guyanais, was a success (21 October 2011), for the first two Galileo IOV satellites.

But the mission they described was for a light payload set in a slow, low, orbit.

“Just last week, on May 16, Russia launched a satellite into low Earth orbit that the United States assesses is likely a counterspace weapon, presumably capable of attacking other satellites in low Earth orbit,” he said. “Russia deployed this new counterspace weapon into the same orbit as a U.S. government satellite.”

Why would they use a huge, fast, expensive, high orbit, King Kong rocket to launch a Possum into a low slow orbit???

No.

He's not wrong, a no fly zone involving us would be the essence of the US entering the war. In for a penny, in for a pound it makes little difference up front, enter a war like this, you're helping to make it into a total war.

What a no fly zone is, is are countries at war fighting for air superiority who don't want to talk about the fact that they are in a war. Once one changes that dynamic by saying "no fly zone" while taking actions of a total war kind in a samaller war, the smaller war will takes on a life of its own and becomes a larger total war if the other side is also world power.

A time an place for it, we can do no fly zones to podunk nations. The US cannot do a "no fly zone" with Russia without it being a kick off for a total war with Russia.

"Atomnyye Bomby" is how one says total war in Russian.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom