Ukraine (16 Viewers)

I have a cheat....I was in Tomahawk Mission Planning Division in Pearl Harbor during Desert Storm.....
I have a cheat working for me too, I was a forward air control officer when the Vietnam war had just ended, and the F-15, F-16, and A-10 aircraft were brand new.

I'm an old fart now, and all those aircraft models I mentioned are old flaps.

I have a cheat working for me too, I was a forward air control officer when the Vietnam war had just ended, and the F-15, F-16, and A-10 aircraft were brand new.

I'm an old fart now, and all those aircraft models I mentioned are old flaps.
One of my jobs at sea was Air Intercept Controller, fun, challenging job, but nothing like crawling around behind enemy lines to control aircraft. :worthy:

One of my jobs at sea was Air Intercept Controller, fun, challenging job, but nothing like crawling around behind enemy lines to control aircraft. :worthy:
I didn't do any crawling around behind enemy lines. Unless you are referring to the frequent late night bar hopping in Tucson Arizona.

I sat in a Cessna O-2 Skymaster. I wasn't the pilot, but at times I did fly it.

Ok, I don't recall seeing or hearing about this anywhere else, so it may be kind of dubious. If China is just sending equipment, that's one thing, it's another thing entirely if they are sending actual troops. I kind of don't believe this because surely China would see this as a no win scenario, but here it is. And it also has some footage of russian ppg and small arms that were abandoned in Kharkiv region so that the orcs could swim across the river....

I didn't do any crawling around behind enemy lines. Unless you are referring to the frequent late night bar hopping in Tucson Arizona.

I was going to ask if you went through the same training as the Air Force Combat Air Control did. That is some near special forces type training with special weapons and survivability training.

Ok, I don't recall seeing or hearing about this anywhere else, so it may be kind of dubious. If China is just sending equipment, that's one thing, it's another thing entirely if they are sending actual troops. I kind of don't believe this because surely China would see this as a no win scenario, but here it is. And it also has some footage of russian ppg and small arms that were abandoned in Kharkiv region so that the orcs could swim across the river....

The "steaks" are high???

Well duh...inflation. 😉

The majority of this "debate" covers nothing new, nothing that the rest of us has already figured out. But, they do cover the UN General Assembly meeting about to happen where Zelensky will give a speech and Lavrov will also speak (at about the 27:00 mark). I think the UN is useless, but I will be interested to see what happens when those two speak. Will they applaud Zelensky? Will they walk out on Lavrov? I'm sure nothing will come of the GA, just a lot of huffing and puffing, nothing real, but I can't wait to see the result.

Like BAT-21?

I was going to ask if you went through the same training as the Air Force Combat Air Control did. That is some near special forces type training with special weapons and survivability training.
No, I think things were different back then. There was some running around with Army units on the ground to get to know and understand their methods and needs. But nothing like what you're talking about.

We were mostly told not to talk about what we did, and they said that meant not now, not ever. I've not ever said much.

I think when some service people are under orders to keep silent they might tend to make up whoppers about what they do as a form of misdirection instead of keeping a tight lip and saying nothing. Either/or they are following orders about not talking about it.

So I think things have either changed, or what you're talking about might have been the case of some making up whoopers in bars to cover up for their not being able to say much about what they really do, or did.

Like BAT-21?

I've never seen that movie. That was an O-2 alright, but nothing else seemed familiar about that.

How did that older pilot who had just been shot down in that spot know where the mine field was that they were walking that other fellow out into to kill him?

That and several other things in that clip struck me as being made up by an over active imagination. .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom