UPDATE: BI Likely to be Traded[Pel's Media expect a big push to move in Ingram in Early August] (4 Viewers)

The free agent center market has dried up. Any of them worth anything more than a vet minimum have all signed. Nothing but bottom feeders left. So it'll all have to happen by trade now.

The free agent center market has dried up. Any of them worth anything more than a vet minimum have all signed. Nothing but bottom feeders left. So it'll all have to happen by trade now.
One way or another, I would think Wendell Carter ends up here.

You already have a center you can't play. You don't need two. Wiseman is awful

Would take 2 1sts, Keegan Murray, and Harrison Barnes for BI.

Then, I would flip 2 of their 1sts acquired + one of our 1st + Keegan Murray to Utah for Lauri Markkanen

DJM/CJ/Jose
CJ/Herb/J Hawk
Herb/Trey/Harrison Barnes/Reeves
Z/Harrison Barnes
Lauri- I don't care. You're playing the 5/Missi

Championship? 10 player rotation

Could the way they let the Center market play out be a subtle vote of confidence for the rookie? The sounded pretty impressed with his athleticism via the private workout he had. I believe "Saw him do some pretty impressive things that a guy his size shouldn't be able to do" is close to the words used. I think late in the season he looked like a guy who could win off the dribble, more so than he showed at any point. That could be a part of his game that's an unknown because it wasn't showcased in college.

Likely still need a stretch though right...just not a rim protector.

Could the way they let the Center market play out be a subtle vote of confidence for the rookie? The sounded pretty impressed with his athleticism via the private workout he had. I believe "Saw him do some pretty impressive things that a guy his size shouldn't be able to do" is close to the words used. I think late in the season he looked like a guy who could win off the dribble, more so than he showed at any point. That could be a part of his game that's an unknown because it wasn't showcased in college.

Likely still need a stretch though right...just not a rim protector.
Possibly, but also, Cody Zeller is the only other center on the team right now.

images

I think he signed a 1 year deal last year. So right now at center it's just the rookie who started playing basketball 6 years ago.

There must(?!) be another few moves in the works. We have too many roster spots open and no starting center.

I think he signed a 1 year deal last year. So right now at center it's just the rookie who started playing basketball 6 years ago.

There must(?!) be another few moves in the works. We have too many roster spots open and no starting center.
There is a fair chance we see something happen tomorrow when the Murray trade becomes official.

I kinda think the market for BI is a lot weaker than both the Pels and BI's team thought it would be and so its dragging out.

"Ball dominant wing who refuses to shoot 3s" is not exactly a hot commodity in the NBA right now.
Or there could be lots of different options to explore. There isn't any more tampering allowed so teams can't get a head start on these things anymore. Plus July 6th is when contracts can be officially signed, and that sometimes slows things down as well. Will probably hear something in the next few days after the *official* date hurdle tomorrow. Plus they also have CJ in the mix.

Also, there is no metric out there that points to BI being ball dominant. As a matter of fact, his "ball dominance" is lower than all his peers, even though this team hasn't had a real point guard since Lonzo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom