UPDATE: BI Likely to be Traded[Pel's Media expect a big push to move in Ingram in Early August] (4 Viewers)

Or there could be lots of different options to explore. There isn't any more tampering allowed so teams can't get a head start on these things anymore. Plus July 6th is when contracts can be officially signed, and that sometimes slows things down as well. Will probably hear something in the next few days after the *official* date hurdle tomorrow. Plus they also have CJ in the mix.

Also, there is no metric out there that points to BI being ball dominant. As a matter of fact, his "ball dominance" is lower than all his peers, even though this team hasn't had a real point guard since Lonzo.

I hope you are right about lots of options being available. But the center market looks pretty grim and there does not seem to be any bidding war happening for BI. All the reports I see are about the Pels really wanting to trade him, not any teams really wanting to trade FOR him. We'll see.

I'm surprised that calling BI ball dominant is controversial at all. He gets the most touches on the team and is right behind Zion in usage but is not very efficient. And we just seemed to end a lot of end of possessions with BI forcing his way to a contested mid-range.

Anyway, hopefully that particular question becomes irrelevant sometime soon.

Last edited:
I hope you are right about lots of options being available. But the center market looks pretty grim and there does not seem to be any bidding war happening for BI. All the reports I see are about the Pels really wanting to trade him, not any teams really wanting to trade FOR him. We'll see.

I'm surprised that calling BI ball dominant is controversial at all. He gets the most touches on the team and is right behind Zion in usage but is not very efficient. And we just seemed to end a lot of end of possessions with BI forcing his way to a contested mid-range.

That’s not true cj on average I’m sure takes way more shots then Brandon sometimes I wonder do people actually watch the games or just regurgitate something they heard from one of these podcast dudes and I’m sure he’s around the top on percentages when it comes to making those middys everybody hate
The three point shot has become so overrated people just want you to chuck it no matter how much it’s a bad shot

Those shots Trey Murphy shoots are horrible but it look good on a highlight
When he bricks em people gone be calling for his head next lol

That’s not true cj on average I’m sure takes way more shots then Brandon sometimes I wonder do people actually watch the games or just regurgitate something they heard from one of these podcast dudes and I’m sure he’s around the top on percentages when it comes to making those middys everybody hate
The three point shot has become so overrated people just want you to chuck it no matter how much it’s a bad shot

Those shots Trey Murphy shoots are horrible but it look good on a highlight
When he bricks em people gone be calling for his head next lol

LOL I am much more of a game watcher than a stat person. However CJ averaged 16.0 attempts per game last year - BI averaged 15.9 attempts per game.

BI’s usage rate was higher than CJ.

The ball was in BIs hand a lot. And we all agree he doesn’t take 3s (regardless of whether you think that’s a good or bad thing.). I don’t see the controversy in any of that.

BIs ceiling at this point would be leading the second unit for a true contender. He’s not suited to be the #1 option on a top 5 team ans his game doesn’t really complement most #1s as a second option.

I hope we get to see Trey get a lot more run this year to see if he really is That Guy or not. But we gotta unload BI to find out

LOL I am much more of a game watcher than a stat person. However CJ averaged 16.0 attempts per game last year - BI averaged 15.9 attempts per game.

BI’s usage rate was higher than CJ.

The ball was in BIs hand a lot. And we all agree he doesn’t take 3s (regardless of whether you think that’s a good or bad thing.). I don’t see the controversy in any of that.

BIs ceiling at this point would be leading the second unit for a true contender. He’s not suited to be the #1 option on a top 5 team ans his game doesn’t really complement most #1s as a second option.

I hope we get to see Trey get a lot more run this year to see if he really is That Guy or not. But we gotta unload BI to find out
I disagree about him needing to come off the bench to be effective if anything I blame his running mate who conveniently gets hurt everytime it’s time to suit up for the playoffs lol Brandon had one bad series playing hurt and now he’s a bench player lol that’s crazy to me ; I can’t wait to see Trey in a bigger role

This is not a basic trade. BI has a contract extension attached either from the Pelicans or his new team. So that's why the trade having to happen after July 6th makes sense. Has far less to do with no market being available for a consistently 20/5/5 player. And a player that was near 28/7/7 on high efficiency to close the end of the prior 2 seasons.

Secondly I'm pretty sure I posted the dribbles per iso and just average iso possessions on here before. Both CJ and Zion were higher than Ingram on this team alone. When compared to other SFs BI is near the bottom. As far as usage, obviously BI would need to be at or near the top for this team. He's one of the best players on your team that is also your assist leader. Why would his usage not be high for the Pelicans?

I disagree about him needing to come off the bench to be effective if anything I blame his running mate who conveniently gets hurt everytime it’s time to suit up for the playoffs lol Brandon had one bad series playing hurt and now he’s a bench player lol that’s crazy to me ; I can’t wait to see Trey in a bigger role
I floated the idea of BI coming out the bench as well but that has nothing to do with his talent. The problem is the fit....even when everyone was healthy the starting offense had issues with spacing and scoring.
I just think we could maximize our overall team offensive output better that way. Having a guy cone off the bench who can put up 24 points is a huge advantage to have

I floated the idea of BI coming out the bench as well but that has nothing to do with his talent. The problem is the fit....even when everyone was healthy the starting offense had issues with spacing and scoring.
I just think we could maximize our overall team offensive output better that way. Having a guy cone off the bench who can put up 24 points is a huge advantage to have
Then put cj old ahhh there lol
he’s the defensive liability
he’s the one who don’t mind taking 20 shots
he’s the vet
He’s the one who loves to dribble
He’s the worst passer out of the starting line up
He’s the smallest
You could easily take him out and put Trey in
Djm bi herb Trey Zion cj the 6th man

Trey is 610 and some say he needs to be paid but can’t grab 8 Rebounds a game ?
Everyone wants Lauri to be our big but really why Trey can’t do what Lauri does

They have about 4 offensive dominant bigs in the league but y’all wanna go all out for Jarret Allen lol he ain’t even Rudy gobert level and gobert get taken out here and there
I don’t see why missi can’t be our big with all this offense
He doesn’t need to score
Some was ready to settle for capela Yall don’t think he can provide what capela does ?
almost 7ft 230 and athletic with natural defensive instincts

When this is all said and done... he will be in cleveland

Then put cj old ahhh there lol
he’s the defensive liability
he’s the one who don’t mind taking 20 shots
he’s the vet
He’s the one who loves to dribble
He’s the worst passer out of the starting line up
He’s the smallest
You could easily take him out and put Trey in
Djm bi herb Trey Zion cj the 6th man

Trey is 610 and some say he needs to be paid but can’t grab 8 Rebounds a game ?
Everyone wants Lauri to be our big but really why Trey can’t do what Lauri does

They have about 4 offensive dominant bigs in the league but y’all wanna go all out for Jarret Allen lol he ain’t even Rudy gobert level and gobert get taken out here and there
I don’t see why missi can’t be our big with all this offense
He doesn’t need to score
Some was ready to settle for capela Yall don’t think he can provide what capela does ?
almost 7ft 230 and athletic with natural defensive instincts
I actually want to start the rookie. I also want to see what Marko is about. I think we should re sign ingram but we won't.

Dj/herb/bi/z/rookie
Jose/cj/hawk/tm3/?

Honestly not bad... especially if the rook shines

I actually want to start the rookie. I also want to see what Marko is about. I think we should re sign ingram but we won't.

Dj/herb/bi/z/rookie
Jose/cj/hawk/tm3/?

Honestly not bad... especially if the rook shines
Man.

That rookie just turned 20 and has been playing basketball for 6 years. Let's not entertain such things for sanity reasons.

Man.

That rookie just turned 20 and has been playing basketball for 6 years. Let's not entertain such things for sanity reasons.
I don't think it's crazy. Let him play solely defense and rebounds. No pressure as an offensive player.... at all.

Besides, he will have a vet to rely on if and when he stinks it up. 🤔

Man.

Why does it matter
if he stay on the bench what he gone learn
You can’t just sit and watch somebody drive a stick shift then hop in and do what they do
You gotta get the experience
and either you made for it or you ain’t

His parents played professional Im sure he understands a good bit and yes they may not be nba level but really a lot of foreign players have the fundamentals of the game down more than the kids here

A good reason is because here in America it’s about the flashy things let me shoot it from 40ft let me throw down this crazy dunk half these players travel and have low basketball iq heck look at our team last year lol
I think y’all gone be surprised by the kid

ingram ain't staying for less than a max. Been saying that this whole time.

ingram ain't staying for less than a max. Been saying that this whole time.

Nothing posted anywhere corroborates that. Ingram's people have their number. Pels have their number. Neither has to be the max in order for them to still not agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom