USA Today Ranks Dennis Allen Worst Head Coach in the League (1 Viewer)

First it was me recalling things that actually happened to the team as “silly”

Now I’m recalling words posters have actually written to me and that’s “silly” too

Between me and the last four people who have responded to me in this thread (all men, as best as I can tell), I’m the one poster with a consistently positive outlook on/hope for this team we all cheer for, and y’all are up my tush because I’m not doom and glooming about Dennis Allen like y’all are? And they say women are the emotional ones! Sorry for hoping my favorite football team wins a lot in the future, but I don’t love misery’s company. I’m never going to be like y’all.

[edit] to the clown reactor on this post, I’m going to briefly separate from the football of it all to say I hope you find true happiness somewhere in this giant world.
What does gender have to do with this? Honestly, i didn’t even know you were a woman poster, until a few months ago, when you stated it🤣

We have a large portion of fans that will die on the Saints mountain no matter what is put in front of them. Is DA the worst coach in football, his record says he is. What do the first time head coaches have that he doesn’t? A clean slate with no proven track record. If Allen isn’t the worst coach in football he’s in the argument. Until he does something other than lose a weak division he’ll continue to be in the conversation. Last year the only reason he wasn’t the worst coach in football is because of guys like McDaniels and Staley. Those teams got smart while Loomis is comparing DA to hall of fame coaches. We knew for 2 years ol' Pete wasn't a coordinator, meanwhile Loomis and Allen kept him on for not one but two uninspiring years. I have all the confidence in the in the world that no matter the talent DA is given he'll find a way to lose time and time again. The only thing that'll change I'm afraid is that he'll find new and creative ways to give games away.

Yo...xCSP had to Start Trevor Siemian 4 games and Ian Book for 1 game...and still almost made the Playoffs.

DA went out and got HIS GUY who in turn started all 17 games against a cupcake schedule and still missed the playoffs and lost the division to BAKER MAYFIELD AND TODD BOWLES.
Thanks for covering that for me. I thought those points were obvious, but not for some.

Thanks for covering that for me. I thought those points were obvious, but not for some.
You would think...seeing that they're so quick to compare Mr Telephone Man to xCSP.

Fact of the matter, for one DA has no credibility...dude has been lying since he took the job and has zero qualms with who he throws under the bus to save his own skin. <- he's fresh out of bodies unless he constructs new boogiemen on the offensive side that he can use to scapegoat next seasons issues on.

Dennis Allen’s two head coaching hires have been:

1) With the worst franchise in the modern NFL, at the time a full decade into its blunder-after-blunder era and still going
2) As Guy after The Guy, two years after THE GUY hung em up

I think this fanbase - or at least many posters here - grossly underestimate how high Drew Brees lifted this team’s floor. This team could have easily slid into a 3-5 win abyss but didn’t, and some of that is on coaching no matter how awful y’all want Dennis Allen to be, between 2022-23 fourteen teams have had 11+ losses, some did it back to back… and I’m supposed to believe Dennis Allen now is worse than all of them because of the trash fire he was put in charge of a decade ago. Got it
How do you say 🦌 was put into a trash fire, when he publicly stated that the turkey is prepared, “he just has to cook it”?!?! He openly said that he was put into a great situation. If a player/coach can be quoted, then I will no doubt hold their feet to the fire. He said, we didn’t. He didn’t have to relocate. Got to keep his own defense that he built. Worked for the GM that is willing to give him anything that he wants. It’s literally a perfect situation

How do you say 🦌 was put into a trash fire, when he publicly stated that the turkey is prepared, “he just has to cook it”?!?! He openly said that he was put into a great situation. If a player/coach can be quoted, then I will no doubt hold their feet to the fire. He said, we didn’t. He didn’t have to relocate. Got to keep his own defense that he built. Worked for the GM that is willing to give him anything that he wants. It’s literally a perfect situation
The trash fire was the ‘12 Raiders.

KleinBottle said:
the trash fire he was put in charge of a decade ago

So to answer the question of “how do I say” that about the ‘22 Saints, I… didn’t.

Anyway the assistant co-architect of the Saints’ offense has been shown the door, so I hope continued strong play by the defense pairs with an offense that can take advantage of the opportunities they’re given, because that’ll lead to more wins for my favorite team. :gosaints:

Blind DA loyalty? I’ve literally said in this thread they can fire him today at 3 o’clock and I wouldn’t have much of a reaction beyond “hmph, strange time to do this, but let’s see what the next coach can do”

I’m not pulling for the team to lose so they can fire Dennis Allen. I’m pulling for Dennis Allen to figure it out and get this team back to consistently good football. I think the biggest factor holding him back has been replaced by Klint Kubiak and his preferred assistants. I’m a New Orleans Saints fan - not a Mythical Next Coach fan.

Cybill Shepherd Applause GIF by SHE'S FUNNY THAT WAY

Last edited:

Unfortunately, Haslett is the one who gets pinned with the Katrina season’s record, factor it out and he has a better %age but even then it’s a surprise year 1 then some middling football because the team got stagnant as the league evolved. Haslett being a defensive-minded coach and former NFL linebacker yet trusting his defense to Rick Venturi and a slew of terrible defensive scouts left his tenure wanting.

I'm not surprised by this ranking. It may not be fair but it's not far off. I really hope he figures it out this year. I love it when my team is successful. I just hope that we move on if he doesn't, from both him and Loomis.

Haslett was the definition of a terrible HC, except for an interim stint with the Cardinals (I think) he never sniffed an NFL HC job after the Saints and has failed as a DC pretty much after leaving as well…..We made the playoffs that one first year with him and he squandered some pretty talented squads from that point forward…..not sure comparing DA to him is actually a favorable comparison…..he also was totally incompetent as a leader…..

We have a large portion of fans that will die on the Saints mountain no matter what is put in front of them. Is DA the worst coach in football, his record says he is. What do the first time head coaches have that he doesn’t? A clean slate with no proven track record. If Allen isn’t the worst coach in football he’s in the argument. Until he does something other than lose a weak division he’ll continue to be in the conversation. Last year the only reason he wasn’t the worst coach in football is because of guys like McDaniels and Staley. Those teams got smart while Loomis is comparing DA to hall of fame coaches. We knew for 2 years ol' Pete wasn't a coordinator, meanwhile Loomis and Allen kept him on for not one but two uninspiring years. I have all the confidence in the in the world that no matter the talent DA is given he'll find a way to lose time and time again. The only thing that'll change I'm afraid is that he'll find new and creative ways to give games away.
If i was 14 or maybe even 24, I could probably delude myself into thinking Allen might turn things around. I mean, I was a young adult when Ditka was here and I believed.

I've watched the NFL and just life now for far too long to be so naive. I don't have black and gold colored glasses. A loser is a loser. Allen is and always will be a bad HC. He has neither the personality, demeanor, schematic or leadership abilities to excel.

He's the definition of uninspiring. Everything about this dude screams middle manager. He's probably best suited as a secondary coach. I don't think he's a good DC. His defenses weren't bad but they failed at every critical matter that meant something in big games or pressure situations.

If i was 14 or maybe even 24, I could probably delude myself into thinking Allen might turn things around. I mean, I was a young adult when Ditka was here and I believed.

I've watched the NFL and just life now for far too long to be so naive. I don't have black and gold colored glasses. A loser is a loser. Allen is and always will be a bad HC. He has neither the personality, demeanor, schematic or leadership abilities to excel.

He's the definition of uninspiring. Everything about this dude screams middle manager. He's probably best suited as a secondary coach. I don't think he's a good DC. His defenses weren't bad but they failed at every critical matter that meant something in big games or pressure situations.
I hate to agree but you make some valid points. I am pulling for him and like that he brought in Kubiak, but DA is probably best suited to be a secondary coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom