USA Today Ranks Dennis Allen Worst Head Coach in the League (6 Viewers)

I hate to agree but you make some valid points. I am pulling for him and like that he brought in Kubiak, but DA is probably best suited to be a secondary coach.
I mean it is what it is. I'm a middle manager. A good one. I'm not CEO material. I don't have the personality (You have to be somewhat sociopathic and narcissistic in some ways, or at least ultra competitive and inspiring). I'm none of those haha. Neither is Allen.

If i was 14 or maybe even 24, I could probably delude myself into thinking Allen might turn things around. I mean, I was a young adult when Ditka was here and I believed.

I've watched the NFL and just life now for far too long to be so naive. I don't have black and gold colored glasses. A loser is a loser. Allen is and always will be a bad HC. He has neither the personality, demeanor, schematic or leadership abilities to excel.

He's the definition of uninspiring. Everything about this dude screams middle manager. He's probably best suited as a secondary coach. I don't think he's a good DC. His defenses weren't bad but they failed at every critical matter that meant something in big games or pressure situations.
I’ve been saying it for years. Alan‘s defenses aren’t horrible at a distance. But once you start looking closely, you see issues all around. From players making stupid penalties, to allowing fourth-quarter comebacks, to downright just screwing the pooch when it really matters. I’ll say this again, five years from now he will not be a coordinator. He’ll be a secondary coach again. Allen’s defenses have good qualities, he is nowhere near what some fans say He is as a coordinator.

I’ve been saying it for years. Alan‘s defenses aren’t horrible at a distance. But once you start looking closely, you see issues all around. From players making stupid penalties, to allowing fourth-quarter comebacks, to downright just screwing the pooch when it really matters. I’ll say this again, five years from now he will not be a coordinator. He’ll be a secondary coach again. Allen’s defenses have good qualities, he is nowhere near what some fans say He is as a coordinator.
How many other fanbases would love the DC who oversaw:

The Minneapolis Miracle
Failure to stop the Rams in multiple opps down the stretch in the NFCG No Call game
Failure to stop Tampa at all after Cook's fumble
Coming very close to choking the Carolina playoff game away

That's just the playoffs...So many regular season choke jobs.

The Minneapolis Miracle
Failure to stop the Rams in multiple opps down the stretch in the NFCG No Call game

If this ball doesn't inexplicably get misjudged, we're not having this conversation: (skip to 13:38)

I give more credit to the dark ceiling and poor lighting in the dome for this one than any defense/defender.

The Minneapolis Miracle

I'm not a DA fan as a HC, to me, he hasn't shown the ability to lead and make decisions to actually help the team get wins against any team that is decent to good......That said above is the pinnacle of cherry picking.....he is a good DC and will likely go back to being one if this season turns out like the past few have.....

It's also important to note that with the NFL rules every year more favorable towards generating offense, a DC's job is much harder now.....

Coming very close.....LMAO....

To me, this is a make or break season for DA.
If the Saints can get to 10 wins and Allen gets an overall winning record as Saints coach; that goes a long way into splitting his Raiders tenure away from his perception.

I'm not a DA fan as a HC, to me, he hasn't shown the ability to lead and make decisions to actually help the team get wins against any team that is decent to good......That said above is the pinnacle of cherry picking.....he is a good DC and will likely go back to being one if this season turns out like the past few have.....

It's also important to note that with the NFL rules every year more favorable towards generating offense, a DC's job is much harder now.....

Coming very close.....LMAO....
Not cherry picking. That's our straight up playoff losses with him. There are a ton more regular season examples I just don't feel like digging up.

His defenses are absolute choke artists.

Not cherry picking. That's our straight up playoff losses with him. There are a ton more regular season examples I just don't feel like digging up.

His defenses are absolute choke artists.

Absolute cherry picking.....the Saints were 65-32 with DA as the DC....and made the playoffs 4 out of 6 years....it took him a total of 1 year (2016) to revamp the defense, the other year was the incredibly injury plagued last year with CSP....the defenses for a few years before his arrival were all time bad, historically bad......

And real post season success eluded us due to a number of factors on both sides of the ball and an outright purposely blown no-call by the officials....

I totally understand and agree with those that think DA has shown no ability thus far to effectively lead a team as a HC, but to say he is a poor DC is just not accurate....

Absolute cherry picking.....the Saints were 65-32 with DA as the DC....and made the playoffs 4 out of 6 years....it took him a total of 1 year (2016) to revamp the defense, the other year was the incredibly injury plagued last year with CSP....the defenses for a few years before his arrival were all time bad, historically bad......

And real post season success eluded us due to a number of factors on both sides of the ball and an outright purposely blown no-call by the officials....

I totally understand and agree with those that think DA has shown no ability thus far to effectively lead a team as a HC, but to say he is a poor DC is just not accurate....
Being good and a choke artist are two separate things. You can literally do great all game long and 💩 the bed at the end of games. Many players and coaches have had histories with this. It’s nothing new. I’m not saying that 🦌 is a choke artist. I’ve seen him choke and I’ve seen his defenses come through. Whether either/or happened more in big moments, y’all can have that debate. I’m just saying that you can be great and be known as a choke artist as well

Being good and a choke artist are two separate things. You can literally do great all game long and 💩 the bed at the end of games. Many players and coaches have had histories with this. It’s nothing new. I’m not saying that 🦌 is a choke artist. I’ve seen him choke and I’ve seen his defenses come through. Whether either/or happened more in big moments, y’all can have that debate. I’m just saying that you can be great and be known as a choke artist as well

I think that is a bit unfair to DA, and as most know I'm not a huge fan of him....but to me, the first Minn playoff loss was more due to the Saints offense being MIA, scoreless until the 2nd half......it never should have come down to that one play....

In the 2nd Vikings loss I would say CSP's offensive strategy was the culprit (and I love CSP).....continuing to try and throw it against a small pass rushing front.....instead of running it down their throats, which we were pretty good at that year.....

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
I think that is a bit unfair to DA, and as most know I'm not a huge fan of him....but to me, the first Minn playoff loss was more due to the Saints offense being MIA, scoreless until the 2nd half......it never should have come down to that one play....

In the 2nd Vikings loss I would say CSP's offensive strategy was the culprit (and I love CSP).....continuing to try and throw it against a small pass rushing front.....instead of running it down their throats, which we were pretty good at that year.....
How was that unfair? It’s true. His defenses has won us games/kept us in games and his defenses has collapsed at times. It is what it is. I never said that he was a choke artist as a DC. I said that a player/coach can be great AND be known as a choke artist. I was cleaning up the assessment that some may think that being a choke artist, eliminates anyone from being great. Whether or not 🦌 is a choke artist is for whoever to debate.

How was that unfair? It’s true. His defenses has won us games/kept us in games and his defenses has collapsed at times. It is what it is. I never said that he was a choke artist as a DC. I said that a player/coach can be great AND be known as a choke artist. I was cleaning up the assessment that some may think that being a choke artist, eliminates anyone from being great. Whether or not 🦌 is a choke artist is for whoever to debate.

You mean, like almost all defenses that don't win the SB? Or something.......

I guess the definition of choke artist is far from settled, but I personally don't think that one can be both great and a choke artist.....

Jim Mora and staff were choke artists, 0-5 in the playoffs.......CSP with DA was 3-4.......

At this point, I just want to see the Saints in the playoffs again....

Without Mahomes he would be mid pack.
There’s still time to delete this.

In 5 years, Reid was 52-27 in Kansas City before Mahomes ever got his first start in Week 17 of 2017.

And that’s only looking his current stop without even having to include his previous Eagles tenure with multiple deep playoff runs.

Dude literally has only 3 losing seasons in his 25-year HC career, but yeah definitely mid-pack. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom