We won, and yet some still whine... (1 Viewer)

Well, it's Thanksgiving weekend, I don't have to work, so I have been indulging in a lot of wine drinking...

Oh, you meant WHINE......

It sure as hell sounds like whining. Maybe you should take some of your own advice.
No, he's saying what needs to be said. Be positive about your team after a win. After all, isn't it Thanksgiving? We did what we needed to do to win. There will always be mistakes by every team in every game. No need to nitpick, IMO. If people still feel the need to gripe and be unhappy, that is there prerogative. Some people, though (myself included), get annoyed quickly by the doom and gloom.

IMHO people are whining about bad calls to excuse why it was a close game. A couple of little things here and there would have changed the outcome or the margin of victory, but it's a moot point now. The only people who should be concerned with the missed calls are the NFL officiating office, if that's a real thing. Seriously though, we're complaining after a win. You know how hard wins are to come by? It's a lot harder than sitting on your couch and screaming at your tv.

you think by at least your 9000th post that you would understand how the board is. stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. you knrw that if you log on to the board after a game it would be like this. not calling you stupid but did you expect a different outcome????
Actually the quote has "insanity" in it, not "stupidity".

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results. "
-Benjamin Franklin

And actually, the scientific method says you're wrong.

I Agree,after40 years of losing.we all should be excited about this win.Bobby Hebert an Hokie G. are getting on my nerve's,they are acting like these other teams are trying to win:idunno:..I dont care how the Saints get these wins 8-3..an guess what the pressure is on the Falcons now!!!

GEAUX SAINTS

Not sure what you mean by that, but I can't be in that don't care how we win column. Wins can make fans put on B&G glasses. When the saints win, we overlook performances and trends overtime. So when we lose to teams like the browns and cardinals, the blind fans are taken by surprise.

It's my opinion you can be a fan and be critical. Being critical doesn't mean you hate the team, it means quite the opposite.

Actually the quote has "insanity" in it, not "stupidity".

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results. "
-Benjamin Franklin

And actually, the scientific method says you're wrong.

It was Albert Einstein,

Yet some of our fans act like we are desperate.

That's because the Falcons are leading the division with little sign of slowing. That burns a lot of people up. I have to admit, just seeing that Beavis lookin **** Ryan screaming like a little girl on the NFL promos for the Green Bay game make me cringe :ezbill:

On a deeper level, I think some are a little desparate that we make the playoffs this year. Akin to pinching yourself after winning the Superbowl last year to make sure it wasn't a dream. We really are this good now.

Anyway, keep in mind this forum is for discussion. We are gonna see it all here, and rightly so. As much as the debbie downers miss the mark, so do blind optimists. I shoot for something in between :9:

It was Albert Einstein,

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Misattributed to various people, including Albert Einstein and Mark Twain. The earliest known occurrence, and probable origin is Rita Mae Brown, Sudden Death (Bantam Books, New York, 1983), p. 68.

If you trust the Wiki.

As a Saints fan from the beginning of their existence, i have learned to never complain about a victory. These are games I grew up watching us lose the way the Cowboys did this week. I may point out what the Saints could have done better in a particular game but the victory is always sweet to me.

We are feeling frustration because the #@&%$! Falcons keep winning, and the Saints are doing the chasing this year. For some of us, it's the old us-versus 49ers from many years ago: the great Dome Patrol defense paired with the run-run-incomplete pass-punt offense. I hate to bring this up, but it's probably a lot like what the Vikings went through last year when they just couldn't catch the Saints for home field advantage. But there is a huge difference between this year's Saints team and last year's Vikings team. This year's Saints team is well coached, defensively solid, and offensively highly skilled with breakout tendencies and possibilities. It does not have a drama queen QB and a bunch of loudmouth smack talkers. Talk is cheap, and the Saints players tend to engage in actions on the field instead of spewing bravado that they don't back up.

Even though the Falcons may take the division, the Saints can still go all the way. They have been there before, and they have all of the ingredients to repeat. It may just be a bit more difficult to achieve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom