What are we really expecting from Olave in year 3? (4 Viewers)

Olave have identical numbers to ceedee lambs first 2 years in the league with worse QB, oline, and play calling. Olave could absolutely statistically perform like a top 10 WR. First part of last year he was in top 5 for yards
CeeDee was the #2 WR in Dallas. Olave has been forced into the #1 receiver the day he stepped on the field.

Sure Olave could statistically preform like a top 10 WR. The comment he has "top 3 hands and route running" is just flat wrong.

That's not an extremely high bar. I think most teams have at least 1 WR better than Cooks.

As much as I hated the Cooks pick (actually trading up to draft a smallish not dynamic WR), he was productive....his last 2 years here were both statistically better than Olave but.....context.....

Cooks had one of the all time great QB's throwing to him while Olave had Andy Dalton and Carr.....I think it's obvious Olave is the better route runner and more dynamic WR.....but, like you said, not the highest bar.....I really don't think he will ever be as productive as a CGM or JJ, he just doesn't have the physicality necessary.....or to be fair hasn't shown it thus far....

In a good offense with a quality QB I think he is a top 10 WR in the NFL....

This a fair and accurate take imho. It's unfortunate for Olave that his comp is Marvin Harrison though. Harrison was an absolute dog. Aside from Jerry Rice, Harrison was the best route runner I ever saw. Him and then probably Antonio Brown. Olave is already a pretty polished route runner so he has a great foundation to build on.

Hopefully Olave proves us wrong and establishes himself as a no doubt about it, stud #1 WR by going berserk this season. If Kubiak can establish the run and Safeties start creeping up then Olave could be making frequent house calls.
Olave is a good receiver, he just hasn't shown himself to be a force. If his comp is Marvin Harrison, that is a little unfortunate for him. Of course Harrison, who was great, did benefit from a great offense around him. While I like Olave, and he has several good attributes, I'm not sure he becomes a force on the field. WR's of his physical stature have done it before. They don't always have to be a MT or Terrel Owens or Moss etc. to be a force. Olave just hasn't exhibited that yet. I hope he does, though.

Olave is a very good, though not great, receiver. Not blue-chip (top five at his position) but hopefully red-chip (top 10 at his position). He was a good draft pick given where he was selected.

In a 6/25/24 CBSSports.Com article by Cody Benjamin Olave was ranked #17 in a Top 25 NFL Players 25 And Under for 2024. Other WRs under 25 ranked higher than Olave in this article include DeVonta Smith, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jaylen Waddle, CeeDee Lamb, Ja'Marr Chase, and Justin Jefferson. Hard to argue that but also in pretty good company.

Excerpts:

Top 25 NFL players 25 and under for 2024​

17. Chris Olave

Position: WR | Team: New Orleans Saints | Age: 24

Not so dissimilar to his 2021 draftmate and former Ohio State teammate Garrett Wilson, Olave hasn't exactly enjoyed steady quarterbacking at the NFL level. After two 1,000-yard seasons to start his career, however, he's already shown he can be a difference-making downfield threat.

Full Article In Link Below:

Sure Olave could statistically preform like a top 10 WR. The comment he has "top 3 hands and route running" is just flat wrong.

i don't think he was saying Olave had top 3 anything, he was saying the 3 attributes he cited (hands/speed/route running) were top notch. might have been a bit of odd phrasing, but there was no mention of top 3 anything

Excerpts From a 7/5/24 article by Darrion Gray of Saints Wire as viewed at saintswire.usatoday.com

Chris Olave was the obvious choice for the Saints' best building block​

Bleacher Report’s David Kenyon highlighted the best building block on every team. Is it any surprised he selected Chris Olave as the New Orleans Saints top foundational piece?

Kenyon specified only players still on their rookie contract were eligible for this list.

Pro Bowl-type recognition may be around the corner for Chris Olave, considering he already has a couple of 1,000-yard seasons. New Orleans would be justified to believe he’ll headline the receiving corps for the remainder of the decade—and maybe more.

Entering his third year, he is fully entrenched as the Saints top wide receiver. He has occupied that role in his first two years, but injuries played a part in how much the Saints relied on him. With or without injuries, he has been looked at as the man from the start.

Full Article In Link Below:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom