What current starter makes you cringe the most? (1 Viewer)

WHO?! WHO MAKE YOU MOST NERVOUS?!?!

• Total voters

MSUSousaphone

Owning the CONCACAF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wish we could do rankings in a poll. That would be cool. And then if we drafted Rankins we could make all kinds of silly word puns (and have a very flexible DL.....but....tangent)....we can't. So here is a poll. Which position has a starter in it that just makes you say HOW? HOW IS THIS MAN LISTED AS A STARTER?! But the most. More than the other positions you say that about.

Discuss. Put your own rankings. I will.

QB - Brees. Maybe some will pick him due to his age. The contract talks. Fear of him leaving in FA. The nuts that say "let's get picks for him while we can". This is for you, nuts.

RB - Sounds a bit odd.....but Spiller was a ghost in 2016 and Ingram does get injured....we've never really replaced Pierre....RBs have a short career and we're thinking long term. Post Brees franchise back.

WR - This is probably for Coleman. Cooks is great. Snead is doing well. Coleman has been like hoody weather in Louisiana. Mostly seems like a dream and then all of a sudden, yay, it's winter for a month! It's time to get a bona-fide #1 WR.

TE - Pick this is you don't believe in Fleener, HooMan, and Hill.

OT - Almost skipped this.....but Peat didn't exactly lock things down and Strief is closing in on his last playing days. I could see people thinking this is an area of worry.

OG - Lelito, Kelemete, and the loser of Peat vs Strief as a backup. Just play that sentence over a couple of times in your head.

DT - We got Fairley! But maybe you doubt Fairley. Maybe you realize how important the other DT spot is and don't have faith in Jenkins/Davison. Pick this if you think one or both of those.

DE - Cam, Richardson, Kik, Edebali, Tull. That's a lot of names and a lot of promise. But Cam is the only complete DE. Maybe you don't like platoons.

LB - Anthony, Lauranaitis, Ellerbe Robertson, Mauti. Seems solid but maybe you need more in you LB corp.

CB - Lewis was injured. Swann was concussed. Williams was injured. Can they all come back? Breaux was great and Wilson was surprisingly pleasant. ...but with those injuries maybe you think this is in dire need of healthy youth.

Safety - KV and Byrd. I want to believe.

K - Aguayo?

Other - What is wrong with you?

Haha. I totally agree but I did not expect that to be the early leader in the poll.

For me it's kicker because it's so obvious when they're at fault, whereas with an OG, he's a part of five who need to be working together and the fault can sometimes be that of the center or tackle, etc.

The guards. This team was built, and had its success with elite guard play. It allows Brees to stand in the pocket. Besides Brees, I feel that the guards are the most important part of the offense and right now, we don't have much in the way of guards. Wouldve been nice to have Brees restructured early in the offseason to go and sign a Mathis or Boone.

I'm going with LB. I an sick of TEs and RBs catching a ball 2 yards from the LOS and turning it into a 20 yard gain because our outside linebackers get confused when they have to do anything other than smash their heads against an offensive lineman.

I would also like to see a poll on which one of SP assistant coaches makes us cringe the most.

Get ready for a 3 way kicker battle with a winner we already know is the one we want in Roberto Aguayo or Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a Fairbairn.

Get ready for a 3 way kicker battle with a winner we already know is the one we want in Roberto Aguayo or Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a Fairbairn.

Please tell me that you had to look up Fairbairn's actual first name.

Lewis hasn't been consistent. We need a corner to compliment breaux.

Lewis has been consistent when he's healthy. Matter of fact, he's been a damn good #1 corner when healthy, not inconsistent. If you mean injury plagued the past two seasons, I'll give you that, but word is that he'll be 100% good to go for camp. If that's the case and he can stay healthy, we've got #1 & 2 locked up with Lewis and Breaux (interchangeable) and Kyle Wilson as the primary nickle back with Swann and PJ Williams also possibly heavy contributors in other packages - with Williams maybe moving to Safety for three safety sets to drop Vaccaro into the box. Don't forget that we just re-signed Jamarca Sanford at FS which would allow us to play those three safety sets.

Please tell me that you had to look up Fairbairn's actual first name.

His actual full name is: John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a Fairbairn. Buddy D would've been gold with this but I'm sure Bobby can murder that name just as good as Buddy did.

Too bad he goes by Ka'imi Fairbairn. Even Buddy and Boddy could handle that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom