What current starter makes you cringe the most? (1 Viewer)

WHO?! WHO MAKE YOU MOST NERVOUS?!?!

• Total voters
Name one good team that he was "ineffective against"

And then name one QB who makes zero mistakes.

My point was that there are many other players on our team that are cringe-worthy more so than Drew. For God's sake you even said Browner helped relieve some worry that the opposing QB would tear us up. You said Browner HELPED :idunno::idunno: and yet Brees is what made you nervous lol. Utter lunacy

Many people on the team more cringe worthy, especially Browner, but to me, Drew gets the most cringing. Maybe because he touches the ball most of the time as well.

Don't have time to look it all up, but check the threads...we did this dance last year. Look at the scoring here. You will see that Drew threw his first TD pass in the 4th QTR when the score was 23-7, to Willie. Anyway, you can, and will continue, to see why folks put Brees low on rankings, and such.

Scoring Summary
Buccaneers vs. Saints - Game Summary - September 20, 2015 - ESPN

Many people on the team more cringe worthy, especially Browner, but to me, Drew gets the most cringing. Maybe because he touches the ball most of the time as well.

Don't have time to look it all up, but check the threads...we did this dance last year. Look at the scoring here. You will see that Drew threw his first TD pass in the 4th QTR when the score was 23-7, to Willie. Anyway, you can, and will continue, to see why folks put Brees low on rankings, and such.

Scoring Summary
Buccaneers vs. Saints - Game Summary - September 20, 2015 - ESPN

You pick the game where he was injured in the second quarter? Which brings back my first post in this thread on Strief.

I can see how Shiz got to where he's at. Brees will make some booooooneheaded plays. Totally agree with him that the offense lost us some games early. The defense played decent (in a few games) and the offense would just sputter.....for an entire first half or more. They would always come back at the end to pad stats. And it really is like the further away we get from the season the more people forget.

But I see the cause different. The running game wasn't exactly lighting things up around these times and Brees was under duress a lot. WRs just could not get separation. So I just can't put that blame on Brees. Get him some OGs and draft a WR high and that guy will light up the league all four qtrs of a game. My huge concern is that we didn't fix OG.

I beat the OG/DT drum all last year. Didn't get fixed. Dead year. Beat the drum this year, DT has had a partial fix.....but not much else. We'll see how the draft goes. It seems almost assured we'll end up with a good DT somewhere but OG? I don't know. Say we only pick one and he goes the way of Charles Brown. I'm really hoping we pick two OGs high. We also need depth at OL. And a WR and DT high....but ****....we don't have enough picks for all of that because I also cringe with Forbath so Aguayo would be awesome. We need that kid. I would almost say we should throw a 3rd at him just to make sure we secure him. It surprises me so many people picked kicker. I think EVERYONE has it listed as a sore spot I just didn't think it would be the biggest sore spot for so many. Maybe using the word "cringe" instead of worried influenced the vote....? But that is more positions needing upgrades than picks.

So something has to give. But I think every team has to go into the season with some areas of weakness. It's unsettling to think that the answer to us ascending to the next level or staying in mediocrity is already on the roster.....but that's usually how this works. Coleman, Davison/Jenkins, Forbath/Scobee, Richardson, Lelito, Kelemete....three, maybe two, of these people/groupings will go into camp without serious competition (by serious I mean where they are the underdog). We will really need them to step up.

You would press too if you knew that it would take 45-50 points to win a game due to the horrible defense on your team

That's true.

Not to bring up the Aaron Brooks debate but he had some of those same defensive issues. He was no where near where Brees is. But yeah, that is another factor of why Brees makes people cringe but it's not really on him. I think it was more poor wording on my part.

That's true.

Not to bring up the Aaron Brooks debate but he had some of those same defensive issues. He was no where near where Brees is. But yeah, that is another factor of why Brees makes people cringe but it's not really on him. I think it was more poor wording on my part.

No, he makes you cringe as well, as you expressed during the games. I had a moment and perused the Falcons, Jaguars, Texans and Panthers threads (more)...that were on front pages. Its worse than I remember :hihi:", and DJ1bigtimer is right, folks will defend Brees to the end. That's to be expected, but you will also see why some of the folks in those threads won't participate in your poll, if it's not anonymous. After going through those games, it makes you wonder how Brees has the balls to just sit back like he is doing.

If you get a moment, go read them and refresh, especially Luke's game. Anyway, a whole lot of cringing was going on during those games, wow. One of them, somebody said, "Ok, we have to score here" and the response was "Its fourth QTR...so we don't get blown out?" Another, I think you MSU got into it with someone for 7 points the entire first half. Maybe it wasn't you...but its funny after the fact.

Stop with that nonsense. We were all here watching the games together the past years. We get mentioned up there statistically, but we know the truth, we see it. Those numbers came in garbage time at the end of games when they were lost already, end of the year when teams weren't worried about us etc. Just go rewatch the first 12 games, go watch us at 0-3, 4-7/5-7...and look at how the defense was trying to keep us in games, when we were throwing them away offensively. No need to even discuss that anymore.

We all get that upset feeling in those instances, but we have killed the defense in here already, and we know that we have never been a good defensive team. But the defense came alive last year, regardless of the stats. If this was two years ago, I would have added in that I cringe when the opposing QB drops back to.pass. But Breaux, Anthony, Kikaha, and really, Browner helped relieve some of that last year. Even with Browners penalties, we didn't see folks throwing for TDs on us like we were used to seeing. At the end, Browner created some cringe, just for penalty sakes...but it stopped a lot of flying TDs that we were used to seeing.

I'm sorry but the Oline/Brees snaps, and when he sits in the pocket, creates angst that, well hell, even my buddies now are conditioned to say, "Oh ****, please Brees don't **** this up!" "Run dammit, don't take that sack.."

That's what makes me cringe...all day.

Haha! Go get em Hizzle. I don't see Brees performance as severely as you do, but there were many games over the past 2 years where he sucked. It was usually when he was under pressure. And "Yes," a ton of Brees' stats are in Garbage time.

Edge Rusher.

Lots of questions there. Can Kikaha add bulk and hold up physically? Is Edibali going to level up?

Right now it's murky water.

I actually did think about it and redact my statement a bit. A lot of Brees' forced TOs early in the season seemed to come early in games. They were more the reason we would get so far down as opposed to him trying to mount a comeback. But the season wasn't black and white. It then shifted to an atrocious D and Brees forcing things to keep up. It really boils down to not playing complimentary football.

So I wouldn't out the D as a cause for his early season struggles. I'll still put the OL and WRs down for it, though. Drew is definitely waning and not as elite as he once was but he is still a good QB. Give him a great OL not just for protection but also for actually having a run game and he'll be all-pro level.

Ok, who actually voted that Drew Brees is the most cringe worthy player on the roster?

Oh, wait...stupid question. Gotta be Saintsnizzle.

edit: looks like it was DJ1BigTymer - - - DJ, Brees makes you cringe?

Well, I am of the belief that our team can be successful with a Brees salary that does not cripple us. I was not excited going into the 2015 season with his cap hit so high and not extending him then. Once they did not offer an extension to him in 2015, I knew that season was going to be a wash. I was looking forward to the 2017 season more so than the 2016 season because we would have almost a clean slate regarding the salary cap. Now that they have to do all of these restructuring around some high salary players, it is beginning to effect that outlook as well. There are those of you that believe that Brees demands the most money because he is the single best QB we ever had, but what has the Saints making him the highest paid QB gotten them?

Regular season wins and trivial records are not the ultimate goal for the franchise. The ultimate goal is winning the Super Bowl and history has shown that teams who have a QB that eats the majority of the cap rarely win, much less compete in the Super Bowl. Today, we are still stuck in limbo regarding a new contract with Brees, meanwhile, several big name/contract players have all restructured. So, yes, QB position makes me cringe because the composition of our team is dictated by the salary of one person.

Give Brees some of that protection that Romo had in 2014 and we will see how "cringeworthy" he would be.

Brees is like the Dos Aquis guy..."I don't always throw an interception...but when I do...I do it on my teams end of the field and for pick 6's." Or "I don't always get sacked...but when I do...isn't almost always a fumble to the other team."

From that perspective and only that perspective I can see where Shizzle is coming from.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom