What happens to Reggie when Mike Bell returns? (1 Viewer)

Reggie will have essentially the same role he is having now minus a few carries. He will still be getting catches, but won't be running too often.

IMO PT is who i would be using the most and just use Bell to give him a breather and keep Bush in on passing downs or designed screens although PT can do both of those too.

couldnt agree more...reggie bush is a liability for this team...so far this year his TO's have cost the teams 14 points, we are lucky that we had a comfortable lead when he had those TO's otherwise all of of the crescent city would be yelling for his head...unless he accepts a 60 to 70 percent paycut...he will be shopped in the offseason if not sooner

haha yeah, it cost us 14 points. We haven't trailed in a game yet this year, so those 14 points mean NOTHING. People drop balls, it happens, get over it. He is an explosive player, there is not another football player like him in the NFL right now.

I was listening to Bobby Hebert on my way home from the dome, and he said "Every team in the NFL, all 32 teams, want Reggie Bush." That should put things into prospective.

Do you want Reggie Bush on the Atlanta Falcons returning kicks and punts against us next year? I certainly don't. Everytime he touches the ball, he has the potential to make you pay for kicking to him, or not covering him properly.

When will these Reggie thread stop!

I posted this topic because I don't believe it's been addressed yet. It's not a pro/anti Reggie Bush thread (although some are trying to make it that way).

It's an objective look at how the return of our 2 traditional backs (Bell and PT) will effect our hybrid back (Reggie).

i posted this topic because i don't believe it's been addressed yet. It's not a pro/anti reggie bush thread (although some are trying to make it that way).

It's an objective look at how the return of our 2 traditional backs (bell and pt) will effect our hybrid back (reggie).

mike bell has started 2 games dude!! Reggie has been here for 4 years!!!

wow. so much disrespect for Reggie. He does too much for the community, the team, and the players for these stupid *** discussions.

EDIT/ADDITION: IM DONE WITH THIS THREAD.........!!

I posted this topic because I don't believe it's been addressed yet. It's not a pro/anti Reggie Bush thread (although some are trying to make it that way).

It's an objective look at how the return of our 2 traditional backs (Bell and PT) will effect our hybrid back (Reggie).

Who cares? As long as they are playing winning football.

That's not true, look at Devery or Meachem as examples.
Our old whipping boys.

Devery and Meachem NEVER got what Reggie gets. The dude gets boo'd in the dome. Thats is bull ****. Don't get me wrong, Meach and Dev did get ALOT of crap from all of us, but not as much as Reggie bro.

Devery and Meachem NEVER got what Reggie gets. The dude gets boo'd in the dome. Thats is bull ****. Don't get me wrong, Meach and Dev did get ALOT of crap from all of us, but not as much as Reggie bro.

All it takes is some solid *CONSISTENT* play to turn people around is what I'm saying. Reggie has never really been consistent, and unfortunately seems to be digressing in a few areas of the game right now. It seems to me that when Reggie is playing really well, he hurts himself with his play-style.
He's the "wheel of fortune" when he has the ball. No idea what is going to happen or not happen... it's terrifying.

NO. Reggie is a great asset the passing and running game. He opens things up for others. Any wonder our passing game has been suffering ....it's because reggie isn't in the flat or faking a reverse as much....

Right here is the truth.. I have been preaching this and you people just won't listen..but go ahead complain...wash women!!! :jpshakehead:

All it takes is some solid *CONSISTENT* play to turn people around is what I'm saying. Reggie has never really been consistent, and unfortunately seems to be digressing in a few areas of the game right now. It seems to me that when Reggie is playing really well, he hurts himself with his play-style.
He's the "wheel of fortune" when he has the ball. No idea what is going to happen or not happen... it's terrifying.

That doesn't excite you a little bit? I mean, not knowing is scary, yet exciting.

COMEON! I agree with you 100%. Try to think about it this way. Normally players get 4 preseason games to warm up, right? Get prepaired for the long gruling season? Reggie had exactly, 2 plays in preseason. So, he gets a week off and against the NY Giants, It will be his first game. Right?

Reggie's touches will go down slightly at first. Payton will then judge how the game plan works with a rotation of PT, Bell and Reggie. Hopefully, he makes an honest accurate assessment of how to work the ratio, not one that's based on how much money the back makes. If he makes an honest assessment, I say it will all depend on how the three backs respond to the rotation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom