What Is Your Favorite Movie Scene Of All Time?? (1 Viewer)

Dr. Strangelove's monolouge at the end of Dr. Strangelove about saving humanity from a nuclear blast.

I am not a huge Alec Baldwin fan, but when I think of great movie scenes I think of these two;

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LqeC3BPYTmE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LqeC3BPYTmE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And of course Alec's Glengary Glen Ross scene!

Last edited:
I am not a huge Alec Baldwin fan, but when I think of great movie scenes I think of these two;
QUOTE]

you probably want to unlink the second vid. just reference the movie and I think most will know which scene your talking about

Two scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

1. The fight between Indiana Jones and the big, bald Nazi underneath the spinning Nazi airplane;

2. The fight between Indiana Jones and the Nazi soldier on the supply truck.

Drama:
Gladiator, when he reveals himself and confronts Commodus in the arena, and utter these spine tingling words,"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Comedy:

The Pink Panther Strikes Again - scene where Clouseau is disguised as a dentist and gets himself and Dryfus high on nitrous oxide, and pulls the wrong tooth. Hillarity.

OVerall:

The Big Lebowski - Dream sequence #1

Drama

Alot of mine are already in here......I have one from one of last years movies though.....In Superman Returns when Lois, Richard and the Kid are in the pantry on the yacht sinking and you have the shot of them looking out through the window sinking fast.....then you hear his feet hit the door and things get lighter....

It really reminded me of the first superman when Lois is falling out of the helicopter and he catches her.....man....I was like 6 years old when I saw that the first time....and I can still remember it....I thought I would be able to fly for weeks before my family convinced me it was a movie.

Drama:
Gladiator, when he reveals himself and confronts Commodus in the arena, and utter these spine tingling words,"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Comedy:

The Pink Panther Strikes Again - scene where Clouseau is disguised as a dentist and gets himself and Dryfus high on nitrous oxide, and pulls the wrong tooth. Hillarity.

OVerall:

The Big Lebowski - Dream sequence #1

Drama

That scene in Gladiator was great. My friends and I saw it 4 times the week it opened. After he said those words, we just looked at one another and said, "uh-oh, you're dead."

A couple I can think of.
Armageddon - when Liv Tyler is watching Bruce Willis tell her goodbye on the big screen.
Independence Day - The speech by the prez before they go to attack the aliens - I would vote for that man if he ran - actor or not!
LOTR - When Arwen turns to face the Nazgul at the river
LOTR - When Eowyn faces the Nazgul over the body of the King of the Rohan
Spiderman - the end of the train scene when they see he's just a boy and they try to protect him fro Doc Ock
Superman Returns - Plane in the baseball stadium

Java and thewyrm both have it right, Casablanca has some of the best scenes and lines in movie history, to pick just one out of that movie is hard. But the final scene is best. I actually came to this movie late in life, growing up I did not pay alot of attention to "older" movies, especially if it was in black and white and a love story. I first watched this movie in the early 90's when my wife badgered me into watching it with her. If it is not the greatest movie of all time, it is in the top 5.

Say Anything

When Cusack holds the radio wiht Peter Gabriel playing outside the house

Also

"I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen"

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!
Here's mine:

Goodfellas pistol whipping scene. "If you ever touch her again you're dead!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom