What Is Your Favorite Movie Scene Of All Time?? (2 Viewers)

Another excellent scene is when the check is returned in Citizen Kane. He empties the envelope and it falls out in pieces. Welles never tells you what it is in the envelope, he just assumes you are intelligent enough to figure it out. A filmaker today would need a flashing neon sign to suddenly appear onscreen pointing at the envelope screaming "Hey look! This is the check being returned to him!"

God I wish Hollywood would stop eating itself alive.

either of the spanking scenes in" McClintock" i was 10 the 1st time i saw it and it made me somewhat uncomfortable.

Blade Runner...the death of Roy Batty

Harrison Ford is saved by the replicant, which he had been trying to find and kill. Ford then watches as the replicant (roy) dies due to a termination date. He may realize that roy batty is more human then he is.

Batty's final speech:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams, glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate.
All those... moments will be lost... in time... like tears... in rain.
Time... to die."

....and so many from fight club....ugh.

The chainsaw scene in Scarface.
Denzel Washington torturing the crooked cop in Man On Fire.
Paul Giamatti crawling into the tow truck driver's house for his buddy's wallet.

Independence Day

~Harrison ford speaks to the rag tag squadron being formed to fight the alien invaders

In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And, you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind," that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps, it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom--not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live--to exist. And, should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish, without a fight. We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!"

The Last Samurai

When tom cruise and the other Samurai charge the "modern day" gatlin guns with no more than their horses and their swords. They were gunned down in a slow motion dramatic fashion, holding true to everything they stood for. Thus symbolizing the end of a pure era of men who had no alterior motives but to protect and serve their king.

Independence Day

~Harrison ford speaks to the rag tag squadron being formed to fight the alien invaders

In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And, you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind," that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps, it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom--not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live--to exist. And, should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish, without a fight. We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Was'nt that Bill Pulman?

HAHA same difference.. Yes you are right it was Bill Pullman.. Im so use to Harrison Ford being the president though. Thanks for the correction.

Pulp Fiction...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

amen, brother

From Parenthood, when Gil(Steve Martin)'s grandmother puts parenthood in perspective:

[Gil has been complaining about his complicated life; Grandma wanders into the room]
Grandma: You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.
Gil: Oh?
Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!
Gil: What a great story.
Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

Great scenes. My second favorite is towards the end of Rocky. After coming home from the arena, Rocky realizes that nobody expects anything from him. Rocky gets in bed with Adrian and the following occurs:

Rocky: I can't do it.
Adrian: What?
Rocky: I can't beat him.
Adrian: Apollo?
Rocky: Yeah. I been out there walkin' around, thinkin'. I mean, who am I kiddin'? I ain't even in the guy's league.
Adrian: What are we gonna do?
Rocky: I don't know.
Adrian: You worked so hard.
Rocky: Yeah, that don't matter. 'Cause I was nobody before.
Adrian: Don't say that.
Rocky: Ah come on, Adrian, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

This is what this movie is about. Rocky only has to prove to himself that he wasn't just another bum from the neighborhood. I also like this scene because Stallone was only allowed one take to get it right and was so nervous that he was going to screw up that he actually got drunk then proceeded to knock the scene dead in one take.

One of my favorite things about the Rocky series is that it isn't just Rocky's story. It belongs to Adrian too. She grows and changes just as much as him. It is a good allegory to relationships in general, as the purpose is to find someone who, when you are with them, makes you a better person.

One of my favorite things about the Rocky series is that it isn't just Rocky's story. It belongs to Adrian too. She grows and changes just as much as him. It is a good allegory to relationships in general, as the purpose is to find someone who, when you are with them, makes you a better person.

Well said. We see Adrian grow throughtout the whole series just as much as Rocky. From the first moment we lay eyes on her in the pet shop all the way until the end of Rocky 5, the changes are evident. That is why I missed her in Rocky Balboa.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom